LCM 2024

On 8/8/2024 at 11:43 AM, BEAR4LIFE said:

I think we got sideways here.  It's obvious we both are LCM fans, so I'm going to say that I really hope they prove me wrong and make me eat my words.  Peevey has done a ton for the school and the program, similar to what David Williams did when he took over those first 4 years.  It's way better off now than when Crouch left, that's undeniable.  I'm old school, you're new school, we did things differently back when I played which is why some things the coaches do nowadays makes me wonder what the heck.  It's an exciting year with lots of potential, can't wait to watch the Green and White game Saturday and see how things go.   

First 3 years as head coach

David Williams 25-8

Peevy 23-13

25 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

BOJO?? 😁

BOZO went 8-28 in 4 years. Fun fact David Williams offered to help them find a new coach. They told him they didnt need his help. After they hired moody he asked what made him qualified for the job. They said he dress nice to the interview. True story

1 minute ago, LCMAlumtiger32 said:

BOZO went 8-28 in 4 years. Fun fact David Williams offered to help them find a new coach. They told him they didnt need his help. After they hired moody he asked what made him qualified for the job. They said he dress nice to the interview. True story

Everyone on the hiring committee should've been unemployed after that. 

9 hours ago, Bobcats0809 said:

After watching LCM scrimmage Orangefield tonight I’d say that might be the least disciplined team I’ve seen in a long time, they probably had 10 personal fouls called

Seems like someone has been saying that here recently.  🤔   You can’t have different rules for different players.  Players see that and lose respect for the coach.  Been telling y’all Peevey isn’t the next Nick Saban.  

I don’t understand why with 4 minutes left in the scrimmage, you don’t run your 4 minute offense and go and try to score and leave with your heads held high and something to build on next week, instead of your tail tucked between your legs.  You don’t run the clock out and don’t even try, they quit and gave up.  OF won that scrimmage.  

1 hour ago, BEAR4LIFE said:

Seems like someone has been saying that here recently.  🤔   You can’t have different rules for different players.  Players see that and lose respect for the coach.  Been telling y’all Peevey isn’t the next Nick Saban.  

I don’t understand why with 4 minutes left in the scrimmage, you don’t run your 4 minute offense and go and try to score and leave with your heads held high and something to build on next week, instead of your tail tucked between your legs.  You don’t run the clock out and don’t even try, they quit and gave up.  OF won that scrimmage.  

So Breaux should have stayed and Peevy should have went to OF? But i do agree with you. 

2 hours ago, BEAR4LIFE said:

I’ll give it the season before throwing in the towel. It’s just a scrimmage. Peevey hasn’t ever taken credit for success. He always credits supporting staff. I don’t think he or anyone else will be pleased with a mediocre season. At the end, I hope you don’t get to tell us you told us so.

29 minutes ago, LCMAlumtiger32 said:

So Breaux should have stayed and Peevy should have went to OF? But i do agree with you. 

I can’t say that, Breaux was a product of Peevey.  Both CAN be good coaches, looks like Breaux has struck a chord in OF with lots of discipline and hard work.  In LCM he wasn’t a players coach, not many kids liked him.  You can’t talk down and ridicule kids all the time, you have to build them back up after they make mistakes, and he didn’t do that.  Maybe as the head coach he’s working on that.  

Peevey has what it takes, but he’s not coaching the same as he did in ‘21.  He’s catering to a small group of kids that lack the fortitude to be coached tough and grow without the fear of them quitting, and it’s costing him in the eyes of his other players.  You have to hold EVERYBODY accountable.  

1 minute ago, mat said:

I’ll give it the season before throwing in the towel. It’s just a scrimmage. Peevey hasn’t ever taken credit for success. He always credits supporting staff. I don’t think he or anyone else will be pleased with a mediocre season. At the end, I hope you don’t get to tell us you told us so.

I hope so too.  I’m pulling for him to right the ship, and these next 4 weeks will be a helluva test.  Some of the players from the ‘21 season have been working out with these guys, so they’re getting good mentorship.  Hope it sticks and they’re able to get it together.  

4 hours ago, BEAR4LIFE said:

I can understand. If you have that many reckless players getting personal fouls. It's time to stop before it gets worse 

I am still confused on why OF and their coaching staff was celebrating at the end of the scrimmage? It was obviously that the bears were a way more physical team. The players on the team have to lose their egos if they want to win football games though once the season hits. You just can’t have that, it was a piss poor performance by the bears and it is well known. If they don’t have it together by week 1 HF will run all over them.The only reason I can see why OF was celebrating is because they had not even half the amount of personal fouls as the bears, beside that  they were outplayed by a long shot.

14 minutes ago, Billyjohn said:

I am still confused on why OF and their coaching staff was celebrating at the end of the scrimmage? It was obviously that the bears were a way more physical team. The players on the team have to lose their egos if they want to win football games though once the season hits. You just can’t have that, it was a piss poor performance by the bears and it is well known. If they don’t have it together by week 1 HF will run all over them.The only reason I can see why OF was celebrating is because they had not even half the amount of personal fouls as the bears, beside that  they were outplayed by a long shot.

Where we at the same game. 

the only scoring LCM had where against second team defense that had mostly Freshman & sophomore on defense that where playing to make the cut. 

Even at the end, the referees waved off a Pass interference when it was clearly one. The next play the same cornerback was ejected from the game for punching. Then a 40 years pass then TD. 

I would say that would cause some celebration for Orangefield players & coaching staff. 

35 minutes ago, Bobcat101 said:

the only scoring LCM had where against second team defense that had mostly Freshman & sophomore on defense that where playing to make the cut. 

Even at the end, the referees waved off a Pass interference when it was clearly one. The next play the same cornerback was ejected from the game for punching. Then a 40 years pass then TD. 

I would say that would cause some celebration for Orangefield players & coaching staff. 

Well he posted last year or year before score. Clearly going off that. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

44 minutes ago, Bobcat101 said:

I’m not sure if you know how a scrimmage works. Starters never go against second string. When LCM starters where in all of OF where in. Therefore when OF second string was in LCMS second string was in. So don’t make it sound like Lcm starters were only scoring against OF second string.The only reason OF even scored that one time was because the undisciplined corner back retaliated after the play when it was 4th and 8 and drew the personal foul that put them in the position to score.Nobody wants to talk about the OF player that drug him to the ground by his face mask before he pushed him. Refs always sees the player that retaliates. Lcm needs to figure that one out fast or they will be in a bind.

6 minutes ago, Billyjohn said:

I’m not sure if you know how a scrimmage works. Starters never go against second string. When LCM starters where in all of OF where in. Therefore when OF second string was in LCMS second string was in. So don’t make it sound like Lcm starters were only scoring against OF second string.The only reason OF even scored that one time was because the undisciplined corner back retaliated after the play when it was 4th and 8 and drew the personal foul that put them in the position to score.Nobody wants to talk about the OF player that drug him to the ground by his face mask before he pushed him. Refs always sees the player that retaliates. Lcm needs to figure that one out fast or they will be in a bind.

I don’t have a dog in this fight BUT This isn’t necessarily true… coaches mix in 2nd team in with starters all the time… it’s not always All 1s vs 1s It’s what scrimmages are for.