LCM 2024

22 minutes ago, BBfan061 said:

I don’t have a dog in this fight BUT This isn’t necessarily true… coaches mix in 2nd team in with starters all the time… it’s not always All 1s vs 1s It’s what scrimmages are for. 

Exactly. A lot of times, you don’t even know your number ones are yet. 

18 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

Exactly. A lot of times, you don’t even know your number ones are yet. 

I mean yeah you may know a few of them but for the most part it’s a glorified practice… That’s why I don’t put much stock into scrimmages… For example for  Bellville vs Needville yesterday… Bellville has a few guys that have D1 offers… those guys played only like 5-10 ish plays in a controlled setting then they were taken out while the rest of the first teams played more. Every coach is different to… just so many variables 

3 hours ago, BBfan061 said:

I mean yeah you may know a few of them but for the most part it’s a glorified practice… That’s why I don’t put much stock into scrimmages… For example for  Bellville vs Needville yesterday… Bellville has a few guys that have D1 offers… those guys played only like 5-10 ish plays in a controlled setting then they were taken out while the rest of the first teams played more. Every coach is different to… just so many variables 

Yep. 

On 8/17/2024 at 2:16 PM, Billyjohn said:

I’m not sure if you know how a scrimmage works. Starters never go against second string. When LCM starters where in all of OF where in. Therefore when OF second string was in LCMS second string was in. So don’t make it sound like Lcm starters were only scoring against OF second string.The only reason OF even scored that one time was because the undisciplined corner back retaliated after the play when it was 4th and 8 and drew the personal foul that put them in the position to score.Nobody wants to talk about the OF player that drug him to the ground by his face mask before he pushed him. Refs always sees the player that retaliates. Lcm needs to figure that one out fast or they will be in a bind.

Definitely NOT how a scrimmage works.  2's, 3's, underclassmen are just about always mixed in so coaching staffs get a better idea of the personnel they have.  There is always a battle between a couple/few positions and what better way to find out who should start?!?!.... Yup, you guessed it.... in a scrimmage!

I won’t get into the discussion of who “won or lost” the scrimmage because i don’t put much stock into a scrimmage. It’s used by Breaux and Peevey to see what they got in a live situations to make personnel decisions before Week 1. 

what I do want to comment on that I 100% saw with my own two eyes about the personal fouls on LCM………

Monday after this scrimmage the boys who got personal fouls called on them went thru probably the most grueling punishment I have ever seen at the high school level. He’s definitely holding EVERYONE accountable and trying to get the extra curricular stuff cut out. The punishment went on for about an hour after practice and some of the boys looked like they had learned their lesson when it was over. Only time will tell if they learned their lesson, but Peevey definitely doesn’t sit back and let stuff go on like what happened on OF without being held accountable. 

55 minutes ago, Bear Down00 said:

Love my Bears and hoping for the best season. But it's not secret Peevey has been gifted with talent. Walked into the best LCM team since 07 or 94.

I think Dubois and Smalley are definitely better coaches. Toss up for the rest. And most are new to their district. 

The only team LCM beat in 07 was Houston Kashmere

8 minutes ago, BEARCPA said:

The only team LCM beat in 07 was Houston Kashmere

That was a strange early season, I believe they lost to Caney Creek by double digits then backdoored with a close loss to WOS something like 3-0 or 7-0 if I remember correctly. 

1 hour ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

That was a strange early season, I believe they lost to Caney Creek by double digits then backdoored with a close loss to WOS something like 3-0 or 7-0 if I remember correctly. 

I only remember the 42-0 thrashing of PNG

6 hours ago, Bear Down00 said:

Love my Bears and hoping for the best season. But it's not secret Peevey has been gifted with talent. Walked into the best LCM team since 07 or 94.

I think Dubois and Smalley are definitely better coaches. Toss up for the rest. And most are new to their district. 

Don't tell me. Show me. Coaches W/L records don't reflect that statement 

39 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

Good memory. Week 2 at LCM was 6-0

I remember that. Caney creek had a D1 RB that year that went to navy to play, against wos Lcm qb got smashed on a screen pass...1st drive of 2nd half think they had to call helicopter in. IIRC 

That 06 team went toe to toe with the best teams mostly with Mr bojo man lol playoff team if they brought 4 instead of 3 back then.

11 hours ago, setxathlete14 said:

I remember that. Caney creek had a D1 RB that year that went to navy to play, against wos Lcm qb got smashed on a screen pass...1st drive of 2nd half think they had to call helicopter in. IIRC 

That 06 team went toe to toe with the best teams mostly with Mr bojo man lol playoff team if they brought 4 instead of 3 back then.

For sure. That team had a ton of talent.