Where will your team be?

Port Arthur Memorial 

Week-1 Spring Dekaney - toss-up, Dekaney got offensive pieces returning that I particularly like.

Week-2 Spring Legacy - close win, we've had very competitive game-like scrimmages with that program, they're very familiar with each other.

Week-3 Fort Bend Hightower - L. We're not on Hightower level right now  🤷🏾‍♂️ 

Week-4 Cleburne - W. Just based on what I've seen of them and what they return this one should be a game for a half at least. 

For me it's 3-1 at best, 2-2 at worst. 

3 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Port Arthur Memorial 

Week-1 Spring Dekaney - toss-up, Dekaney got offensive pieces returning that I particularly like.

Week-2 Spring Legacy - close win, we've had very competitive game-like scrimmages with that program, they're very familiar with each other.

Week-4 Cleburne - W. Just based on what I've seen of them and what they return this one should be a game for a half at least. 

Dekaney game will be tough. They are loaded up as good as they have been a while. I would not be shocked if PAM won but I think Dekaney is the favorite. Credit to PAM for a tough schedule. No one can say they are taking it easy. 

HF has:

LCM
Hitchcock
Vidor
Almeta Crawford 
Stafford

i expect them to be 5-0 or 4-1.  Hitchcock should be a pretty good test, even though they’re down a division.  LCM and Vidor should be good indicators of whether the experts have it right with their predictions that HF will win district this year.  If HF is truly good enough to run the table with against Silsbee, Jasper, and WOS, I’d expect them to win these two fairly comfortably.  If they end up being tight games, the horns may not be as far ahead of the rest of their district as some folks think.  

3 hours ago, bullets13 said:

HF has:

LCM
Hitchcock
Vidor
Almeta Crawford 
Stafford

i expect them to be 5-0 or 4-1.  Hitchcock should be a pretty good test, even though they’re down a division.  LCM and Vidor should be good indicators of whether the experts have it right with their predictions that HF will win district this year.  If HF is truly good enough to run the table with against Silsbee, Jasper, and WOS, I’d expect them to win these two fairly comfortably.  If they end up being tight games, the horns may not be as far ahead of the rest of their district as some folks think.  

Glad Silsbee and Hamshire Fannett are both playing Hitchcock as well…. Good early season gauge to see where they sit.

Hard to say, Newton and La Vega are ranked in the top 10, and I don't know anything about Episcopal or Almeta Crawford.  Also, Nederland always has decent athletes so that game could go either way. Hopefully the Mustangs have improved on defense, I think that will be a big factor in this season's success.  With all that said, I'll say 3-2.

8 minutes ago, WOS95 said:

Hard to say, Newton and La Vega are ranked in the top 10, and I don't know anything about Episcopal or Almeta Crawford.  Also, Nederland always has decent athletes so that game could go either way. Hopefully the Mustangs have improved on defense, I think that will be a big factor in this season's success.  With all that said, I'll say 3-2.

I agree… If they are improved like some think they will be I believe they have a shot at beating Newton… Crawford is a new school (Bellville plays them as well) and I don’t think they will be much to deal with..

Barbers Hill:

New Caney - close win. Went 5-5 last year and missed the playoffs, but plays in a tough district with The Woodlands, Willis, and Conroe.

Manvel - toss-up. Similar to New Caney, but Manvel has always had our number the other two times we have played them.

Deer Park - L. Went 9-2 and played North Shore close for a half. Also, it's not easy to win at Abshire Stadium.

Richmond Foster - easy W. 1-9 last year, and has basically been in decline since Fulshear opened.

1 hour ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

Soft 5 weeks to start things off. I'm looking so far ahead... I want to see Gilmer for a 10 year reunion. Just need them to hold off Surratt one more time so we can start our dynasty.

🧢🥁🔥💤🏆 

I like it! Lol

A lot of folks are going to be surprised at how big Hitchcock is in the trenches this season. I know they got a 4 star that is committed to Nebraska on the DL to transfer in. At the 3A level he's going to be borderline unblockable. Run defense has been their Achilles heel the last two seasons. If they get that figured out, they will be a legit contender. 

24 minutes ago, News2U said:

A lot of folks are going to be surprised at how big Hitchcock is in the trenches this season. I know they got a 4 star that is committed to Nebraska on the DL to transfer in. At the 3A level he's going to be borderline unblockable. Run defense has been their Achilles heel the last two seasons. If they get that figured out, they will be a legit contender. 

Well they will definitely get a run defense test vs Bellville lol

19 hours ago, pdawg119 said:

Barbers Hill:

New Caney - close win. Went 5-5 last year and missed the playoffs, but plays in a tough district with The Woodlands, Willis, and Conroe.

Manvel - toss-up. Similar to New Caney, but Manvel has always had our number the other two times we have played them.

Deer Park - L. Went 9-2 and played North Shore close for a half. Also, it's not easy to win at Abshire Stadium.

Richmond Foster - easy W. 1-9 last year, and has basically been in decline since Fulshear opened.

Don't really follow them, but surprised to see that about Foster.  they were dang good for several years not too long ago.  3+ rounds deep every year for awhile.

2 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

Don't really follow them, but surprised to see that about Foster.  they were dang good for several years not too long ago.  3+ rounds deep every year for awhile.

maybe that's why the former HC bolted to Grand Oaks when he did.....🤷🏾‍♂️

On 8/12/2024 at 3:15 PM, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Port Arthur Memorial 

what stopped them from playing PNG again this year?  was looking forward to that one, but still am glad to see PNG play shadow creek early.