Where will your team be?

4 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

what stopped them from playing PNG again this year?  was looking forward to that one, but still am glad to see PNG play shadow creek early.

You would have to ask the PNG folks, I was looking forward to another season opening win versus them. 

12 minutes ago, Right99JOH said:

🤔

Highlight of Memorials season... beating PNG

Highlight of PNG season... WINNING State

Great job by them.

Non-district games are non-district games, has no effect on our games going forward after that unless injuries or worse (a bad season) occurs. 

My answer to that posters question must've hit a big nerve I guess 🤷🏾‍♂️

Several starters coming off of injury and might not make it back in time for non-district. Not sure when they will be medically cleared. So working off of that info I think it is very possible we start the season 0-2 if they all miss. Guyer has historically been a tough program for us to beat so that wont change this year. Lancaster on the other hand is a wildcard. They are talented but in general I'd think we would beat them more often than not but with the handful of potential starters missing then it makes this game that much harder. 

Week 1 at 6A Denton Guyer

Week 2 home vs 6A Lancaster

BH plays all 6 A’s in pre district and the unknowns for BH are how fast the QB and defense come together. Optimistically I think we could enter district 2-2, but wouldn’t be shocked to be 1-3 or 0-4 . My picks 

New Caney- Win

Manvel - Loss

Deer Park - Loss

Foster - Win

13 hours ago, BHFAN said:

BH plays all 6 A’s in pre district and the unknowns for BH are how fast the QB and defense come together. Optimistically I think we could enter district 2-2, but wouldn’t be shocked to be 1-3 or 0-4 . My picks 

New Caney- Win

Manvel - Loss

Deer Park - Loss

Foster - Win

Who is the new QB at BH. I hear he is quite the player. 

8 hours ago, 2wedge said:

Who is the new QB at BH. I hear he is quite the player. 

No idea. DC has the QB listed as Zeke Cantu , but not sure. I did watch a big kid last year during blowouts that was killing DB’s when he got through the line though. I’m hoping to get up there for the Shadow Creek scrimmage on Friday to see for myself.

13 hours ago, BHFAN said:

No idea. DC has the QB listed as Zeke Cantu , but not sure. I did watch a big kid last year during blowouts that was killing DB’s when he got through the line though. I’m hoping to get up there for the Shadow Creek scrimmage on Friday to see for myself.

I was told it was a new kid who had transferred in prior to this season. That could be inaccurate info, but that's the word anyway. Someone has to know. 

16 hours ago, BHFAN said:

Yes, Zeke Cantu, he was backup last year.  He is a big kid, my opinion offense will run a bit more with him, but will sling it also.  I would equate his style more to Holdren’s than to Fuentes’s. When he does run,  he doesn’t look to avoid contact. He looks to be around 6-1/6-2, 215-220.  

1 hour ago, saltydawg said:

Yes, Zeke Cantu, he was backup last year.  He is a big kid, my opinion offense will run a bit more with him, but will sling it also.  I would equate his style more to Holdren’s than to Fuentes’s. When he does run,  he doesn’t look to avoid contact. He looks to be around 6-1/6-2, 215-220.  

That’s a good thing then. Holdren gave us a multi dimensional look while Fuentes was a great passer. Defenses won’t be able to just drop back in coverage with Zeke. Insert true option with J-Rod and that could be something ✌️