First conviction in Arizona fake electors case as Republican activist pleads guilty

Bobcat1

2 hours ago, HuntersLaptop2028 said:

Dang no one cares about this topic, huh? 

I genuinely wonder why 

Because it is political prosecution.

If you notice, the people with money or political support have plead NOT guilty,  The others have plead guilty to avoid bankruptcy. 

This is the exact same thing going on with jan 6th defendants. The government with unlimited resources says plead guilty and spend 2 -4 years in jail....or fight this think until you lose everything you own, and still face the possibility of jail time.....or you may get off and we let you go homeless and broke.

30 minutes ago, thetragichippy said:

If you notice, the people with money or political support have plead NOT guilty,  The others have plead guilty to avoid bankruptcy. 

This is the exact same thing going on with jan 6th defendants. The government with unlimited resources says plead guilty and spend 2 -4 years in jail....or fight this think until you lose everything you own, and still face the possibility of jail time.....or you may get off and we let you go homeless and broke.

Well Fox News paid $800 MILLION, for lying. Folded like a lawn chair, and they definitely have resources to argue in court.

Was this political prosecution too?

At some point.. you gotta realize you’ve been lied to and brainwashed. 

WILMINGTON, Del. (AP) — Fox News agreed Tuesday to pay Dominion Voting Systems nearly $800 million to avert a trial in the voting machine company’s lawsuit that would have exposed how the network promoted lies about the 2020 presidential election.

The stunning settlement emerged just as opening statements were supposed to begin, abruptly ending a case that had 

This is the hidden content, please
Fox News over several months and raised the possibility that network founder Rupert Murdoch and stars such as Tucker Carlson and Sean Hannity would have to testify publicly.

“The truth matters. Lies have consequences,” Dominion lawyer Justin Nelson told reporters outside a Delaware courthouse after Superior Court Judge Eric Davis announced the deal.

Outside of the $787.5 million promised to Colorado-based Dominion, it was unclear what other consequences Fox would face. Fox acknowledged in a statement “the court’s rulings finding certain claims about Dominion to be false,” but no apology was offered.

7 minutes ago, HuntersLaptop2028 said:

Well Fox News paid $800 MILLION, for lying. Folded like a lawn chair, and they definitely have resources to argue in court.

Was this political prosecution too?

At some point.. you gotta realize you’ve been lied to and brainwashed. 

WILMINGTON, Del. (AP) — Fox News agreed Tuesday to pay Dominion Voting Systems nearly $800 million to avert a trial in the voting machine company’s lawsuit that would have exposed how the network promoted lies about the 2020 presidential election.

The stunning settlement emerged just as opening statements were supposed to begin, abruptly ending a case that had 

This is the hidden content, please
Fox News over several months and raised the possibility that network founder Rupert Murdoch and stars such as Tucker Carlson and Sean Hannity would have to testify publicly.

“The truth matters. Lies have consequences,” Dominion lawyer Justin Nelson told reporters outside a Delaware courthouse after Superior Court Judge Eric Davis announced the deal.

Outside of the $787.5 million promised to Colorado-based Dominion, it was unclear what other consequences Fox would face. Fox acknowledged in a statement “the court’s rulings finding certain claims about Dominion to be false,” but no apology was offered.

Fox being sued.....Like CNN being sued (remember the indian situation) has nothing to do with these lawsuits......and nothing to do with my comments. That is really really bad  deflection.

1 hour ago, thetragichippy said:

again - nothing to do with my comment of political prosecution.....

How about you stick to the subject and not get personal......  

It is sticking to the subject. You think it’s just political prosecution. Fox News settling for $800 million is very relevant as it directly contradicts your argument that “people with money and resources have NOT plead guilty”

This is obviously a lie and there’s been zero proof. You are being lied to. You keep falling for the lies. You will continue to keep falling for the lies.

Is there anything that would change your mind? I don’t think there is but let me know.. genuinely curious.

I think you are far too deep and committed and this point and know you can’t turn back now. Just my opinion. There’s no way a rationale person can’t keep believing this stuff

1 hour ago, HuntersLaptop2028 said:

Fox News settling for $800 million is very relevant as it directly contradicts your argument that “people with money and resources have NOT plead guilty”

#1. The government did not charge Fox news with anything

#2 FOX made a business decision

The Government was charging Jan 6 defendants with long sentences ....They were pleading to avoid bankruptcy and the possibility of long sentences. Luckily the supreme court ruling shut most of that down with the unconstitutional obstruction charges they were trying to make. 

6 hours ago, thetragichippy said:

The Government was charging Jan 6 defendants with long sentences ....They were pleading to avoid bankruptcy and the possibility of long sentences. Luckily the supreme court ruling shut most of that down with the unconstitutional obstruction charges they were trying to make. 

And the business decision was.. settle for $800 million, or eventually lose over $1 billion because they know they’re FOS.

There’s zero proof dude.

ZERO

Just give it up already. 

On 8/17/2024 at 12:47 PM, thetragichippy said:

They were guilty 

On 8/16/2024 at 12:23 PM, thetragichippy said:

How do you know about all those Arizonans net worth? Breitbart?
Trump danged sure ain’t gonna bail ‘em out. His PACs should help them if they can’t afford it. Thing is, he helps no one but himself. Did they plea to reduced charges? Maybe they were guilty. Did that thought enter your universe?

12 hours ago, UT alum said:

How do you know about all those Arizonans net worth? Breitbart?
Trump danged sure ain’t gonna bail ‘em out. His PACs should help them if they can’t afford it. Thing is, he helps no one but himself. Did they plea to reduced charges? Maybe they were guilty. Did that thought enter your universe?

HE can't help everyone. That is what they are trying to do - hit him everywhere, make him pay ridiculous fines and legal cost hoping to bankrupt him......Didn't work tho......But he can pardon them in 2024

14 minutes ago, HuntersLaptop2028 said:

@thetragichippy question - is there anything on earth that would change your mind on this topic? 

Or are you dead set no matter what, with zero proof. 

Not dead set - but I have yet to see anything that would change my mind yet.

Let's put it this way. Name one person who has been investigated more than Trump by the Government. From phone calls to states or foreign governments to attorney client privilege issues.....shopping Judges in Democratic friendly states...... The Supreme Court had to get involved......and I don't believe it's over......History will be kind to trump.....

14 minutes ago, thetragichippy said:

Not dead set - but I have yet to see anything that would change my mind yet.

Let's put it this way. Name one person who has been investigated more than Trump by the Government. From phone calls to states or foreign governments to attorney client privilege issues.....shopping Judges in Democratic friendly states...... The Supreme Court had to get involved......and I don't believe it's over......History will be kind to trump.....

He’s also the most openly corrupt and divisive president ever, so makes sense he’s under multiple investigations

I think history will be very unkind to both trump and Biden but guess we’ll see  

1 hour ago, thetragichippy said:

Divisive yes - but that was his appeal in my opinion. 

You don't find it odd this corrupt billionaire  guy never had any criminal investigations UNTIL he became President?

The divisiveness was cool and funny, for about 1-2 years.

Dude his son in law got a $2 BILLION check from Saudi Arabia right after trump left office.. you gonna sit here and put your head in the sand pretending that didn’t happen?

You guys bend the knee no matter what. It’s honestly very sad. How can presumably once normal people fall to this level of denial. Something is off.