Lumberton Raiders

52 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

Glad to hear there were lots of positives for the Mustangs. Kinda worried about the Raiders. They lost a lot from last year. This would've been a much different scrimmage a year ago. All in all though, it's still early.

Not sure the raiders can recover from losing its coach and the number of good players from the past couple years. Back to reality. 

1 minute ago, Lumbertonraider17 said:

Yall are just crazy we didn’t have our starting running or one of our best receivers and we were didn’t have one of our best defensive guys last night keep doubting though 

No one is doubting… it’s being a realist… after everything that Lumberton lost it’s completely acceptable to take a step back lol

2 minutes ago, Lumbertonraider17 said:

Yall are just crazy we didn’t have our starting running or one of our best receivers and we were didn’t have one of our best defensive guys last night keep doubting though 

So, losing a HC (and other coaches), QB, a couple, few really good WRs, a really good RB, a couple, few really good defensive players will not bring the L-train down a few notches? 

1 minute ago, Right99JOH said:

So, losing a HC (and other coaches), QB, a couple, few really good WRs, a really good RB, a couple, few really good defensive players will not bring the L-train down a few notches? 

Y’all are making it sound oh they are gonna be terrible I’ll bet top in the district 

Just now, Lumbertonraider17 said:

Y’all are making it sound oh they are gonna be terrible I’ll bet top in the district 

No one said terrible... geez.  All we are saying is that it will be hard to replace the production the l-train had the last couple years.  and "top in the district" that's a bold statement.

Just now, BBfan061 said:

Right? Notice they changed their opinion from winning district to top 2 pretty quick lol this will be a good one to revisit come playoff time 

Definitely!  I can see 4 teams with 11 game seasons.  Don't think this district has the ability to get past the first round.

4 minutes ago, Right99JOH said:

Definitely!  I can see 4 teams with 11 game seasons.  Don't think this district has the ability to get past the first round.

I think LCM will have a chance… but it will be uphill sledding for the other 3

Here we can talk about Lumberton instead of taking over the one for WOS. 

I honestly think Lumberton will shock some people this season. These players have a different mindset than before Reyes came. They want to win for themselves, their school and their town. He definitely turned this program around and handed it off to a coach who will do amazing things. Also don’t be shocked when the QB shines this season, he’s playing for way more than anyone knows. 

11 minutes ago, RaiderGirl22 said:

I honestly think Lumberton will shock some people this season. These players have a different mindset than before Reyes came. They want to win for themselves, their school and their town. He definitely turned this program around and handed it off to a coach who will do amazing things. Also don’t be shocked when the QB shines this season, he’s playing for way more than anyone knows. 

Lumberton is playing in a weak district.  If lumberton wants to shock some people... get out of the first round this year.

1 minute ago, BBfan061 said:

I mean I can see Lumberton getting the 2 seed… Other than LCM the district isn’t great… idk why that would be considered “doubting Lumberton”

It's the 1st scrimmage week (normal scrimmage or internal), every team has doubters at this point 🤣

1 hour ago, RaiderGirl22 said:

Lumberton wave is gone until my eyes see otherwise, it's business as usual for them. Lol

2 hours ago, Lumbertonraider17 said:

No one is doubting. I played football for the Raiders, have always been a Raider fan, had 3 kids graduate from there (some before and after you), been the president of the booster club, announced the football games for about 4 seasons... I'm not a doubter - but it is fair to question their potential with what they just graduated. GO RAIDERS!