Lumberton Raiders

18 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Question, just curious, would he not have to grind and coach his tail off at Palestine given the district opponents he's now having to go up against?? 

I also remember reading somewhere that his workhorse RB transferred to Westwood. 

The RB did move to Westwood last I checked 

50 minutes ago, Excoach1970 said:

1. Tough tough district but overall talent year n and year out better at Palestine. He ran from having to grind and actually coaching his tail off. 

44 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

2. Question, just curious, would he not have to grind and coach his tail off at Palestine given the district opponents he's now having to go up against?? 

I also remember reading somewhere that his workhorse RB transferred to Westwood. 

1. I think Lumberton was a stepping stone for him, like many others. I don't think he "ran from having to grind..." (see Mr. Buddy Garrity quote below yours). Had some very good success at a school where that's not the norm and beefed up his resume' to step up a notch. I personally don't like the guy, but he didn't strike me as someone to shy away from grinding and coaching hard.

2. Of course he would. It was a goofy comment in the first place. Thanks for pointing that out.

Am I missing something here ? I am not seeing moving to Palestine as a stepping stone move. Palestine has an overall poor win/loss record, were 4-6 the last 2 years and 5-6 the before that ! Their district includes Kilgore, Lindale, Chapel Hill & Henderson. I would have to predict a 4th or 5th place district finish and a 1st round playoff elimination . So light up the keyboards and let us know how coaching at Palestine is the Juice.

1 hour ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Question, just curious, would he not have to grind and coach his tail off at Palestine given the district opponents he's now having to go up against?? 

Did you think Lumberton would win district 2 straight times?  I do think with the athletes reyes had those 3 years fit his players. Now he goes to Palestine with faster athletes, better skill players and can spread the defense out. Palestine didn’t throw the ball to those last couple of years