Scrimmages results here

12 hours ago, pine curtain said:

can't wait to hear what woodville fans think about how their new QB did

Kind of hard to get in a rhythm in a 3 way scrimmage. He's a sophomore who just had his second varsity scrimmage with a brand new group of receivers. There's almost zero varsity experience between him and his receiving core. Everything will come together soon. On the bright side the defense and running game looked solid 

1 hour ago, Setx fan said:

Kind of hard to get in a rhythm in a 3 way scrimmage. He's a sophomore who just had his second varsity scrimmage with a brand new group of receivers. There's almost zero varsity experience between him and his receiving core. Everything will come together soon. On the bright side the defense and running game looked solid 

Thanks for your honest opinion.

Went to get my autograph from boy wonder and wanted to see what the Woodville folks had to say about his outing

5 minutes ago, pine curtain said:

Thanks for your honest opinion.

Went to get my autograph from boy wonder and wanted to see what the Woodville folks had to say about his outing

Well I'm sure he will have some much better performances if you wanna check him out in real game speed a little later in the year 

4 hours ago, Setx fan said:

Well I'm sure he will have some much better performances if you wanna check him out in real game speed a little later in the year 

How did he do? D1 caliber? or "new varsity QB, trying to adjust to the speed of the game" caliber?

16 hours ago, BBfan061 said:

I was told Newton didn’t score on Buna’s first team…  Even sounds like Bunas coach says in the Channel 12 interview that they shut them out?

I was not told, I was standing on the sidelines with the team.

44 minutes ago, Setx fan said:

I don't believe they kept score. Woodville looked like the best team on the field though 

Did you happen to notice if anyone ran into the endzone with the ball? Some people consider that a positive sign. Also moving the ball. Did any of the teams move the ball?

9 minutes ago, 89Falcon said:

Did you happen to notice if anyone ran into the endzone with the ball? Some people consider that a positive sign. Also moving the ball. Did any of the teams move the ball?

Nobody got in the end zone far as I can see. I don't think that was the main objective for Woodville. First play of first possession we took it from our thirty to Vidor's 20 but we placed the ball near the 45 for the next play. Felt like we were trying different things in different scenarios with different players cause it was obvious the other teams really couldn't stop our main 2 backs 

4 hours ago, 89Falcon said:

How did he do? D1 caliber? or "new varsity QB, trying to adjust to the speed of the game" caliber?

He has gotten bigger since last year.

Game seemed a little fast for him at this time.

He seems to be able to create space with his legs. Not sure how that will play out once he takes a big hit. 

He will be a good 3A QB.

Still not seeing top D1 guy.

Just my opinion 

3 minutes ago, pine curtain said:

He has gotten bigger since last year.

Game seemed a little fast for him at this time.

He seems to be able to create space with his legs. Not sure how that will play out once he takes a big hit. 

He will be a good 3A QB.

Still not seeing top D1 guy.

Just my opinion 

I would expect a D1 QB to have significant impact in 3A. Such as the QB from Westwood that is in the same grade.

26 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Curious and I may be late to the game here, but who said the Woodville QB is a DI player?

He is currently holding a couple of D1 offers. I think UH and Texas Tech. A while back, several of us had questions being that he had only been able to play JV in 3A, yet he had obtained D1 offers.  

24 minutes ago, 89Falcon said:

He is currently holding a couple of D1 offers. I think UH and Texas Tech. A while back, several of us had questions being that he had only been able to play JV in 3A, yet he had obtained D1 offers.  

TCU, UTSA, and Baylor also if I'm not mistaking which I may be. I know he has at least 3, maybe up to 5 offers though 

7 hours ago, Speck430 said:

Why act like such a turd over a  scrimmage and a kid’s first taste of varsity action?   What are you trying to prove here?

Did not see anyone “being a turd”. But for clarification: anytime a 3A JV player picks up multiple D1 offers (which generally unheard of) there will be  curiosity and expectation that goes with it.
It is normal for someone to wonder how he is doing and to share thoughts in a high school football forum on this type of topic. 

On 8/17/2024 at 10:57 PM, Speck430 said:

Why act like such a turd over a  scrimmage and a kid’s first taste of varsity action?   What are you trying to prove here?

Because this is kid's football, and that's what guys do beginning with 5 & 6 year old flag. It never ends.