Week of Aug. 19-24 Scrimmage schedule/Post updates/results here

So,

Watched United vs Channelview

In the non-timed portion, C'view 2-1

In the timed 2 quarters, United 4, C'view 0

United has a QB with a gun and an interesting back story.

However, the WR couldn't get much seperation

The secondary needs work because the tunnel screen, bubble screen, and post were open often.  It may be an issue with alignment

I was plesantly surprised at BU's numbers

1 minute ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

@PackAttack how did Lufkin look? 

@BHFAN @TradenupBH how did BH look? 

BH Vs Shadow Creek

Shadow Creek scored 21 to BH's 0. The entire scrimmage was controlled and only the 1st teams moved the ball and scored. BH had a good opening drive down to the 20 then got picked in the endzone. Shadow Creek is picked to win their 6A district and returned 9 on O and 8 on D from last year. Overall, it was a good Scrimmage BH has some good size on the line and QB1 threw it pretty well, but his legs and size is what's going to make him good.  QB's couldn't run during the scrimmage though and he had a ton of opportunities to head up field. BH defense broke 3-4 times which is where SC scored, so that will need some work. 

10 minutes ago, Austin1985 said:

So,

The secondary needs work because the tunnel screen, bubble screen, and post were open often.  It may be an issue with alignment

I agree with all this.

I too was surprised with BU's numbers.

I stayed on Cview sidelines. Got a friend who is an assistant over there.

Cview kind of disappointed me. 

16 hours ago, Lightning/Eagle said:

Out of area:

New Caney vs Lake Creek scrimmage.

lake Creek has scored 5 times. NC has not got past the thirty. Going to be a long long season. BH should win by a large margin next week. NC still trying to find QB1.

Lake creek is in the coverage area. I think New Caney is too. 

15 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Saw where Huntsville scored twice in controlled part. Lufkin did not score.

In the 1st live quarter, Huntsville up 10-0.

I watched the Huntsville live quarters. Hard to judge Huntsville based on that scrimmage - They might be good, they might be about to win state. They’re big, fast, and seem to be picking up where they left off last season. Reason it’s hard to judge is Lufkin looks terrible. Fumbles, bad passes that get intercepted, very little push from the O-line. From start to finish, Lufkin looked entirely out of sorts. Just a scrimmage, so still time for Lufkin to put it together. Anyway, Huntsville is going to be solid. 

15 hours ago, Austin1985 said:

So,

Any estimate on BU’s numbers? Westbrook had 42-45 suited up against Nederland. 

On 8/23/2024 at 9:25 PM, Austin1985 said:

So,

Can you share more of the BU QB’s back story? My dad was at the game and mentioned him being a transfer from Minnesota. Wonder what brought his family to the golden triangle. 

1 hour ago, Kowboy98 said:

Can you share more of the BU QB’s back story? My dad was at the game and mentioned him being a transfer from Minnesota. Wonder what brought his family to the golden triangle. 

I will preface this with this is 2nd hand info, so I apologize in advance.  My understanding from the lady who was talking to me was his grand parents are from here and Colbert has a connection with the grandfather.  He died but the family ties with Colbert has him at United.  Hope my word salad made sense

2 hours ago, Austin1985 said:

I will preface this with this is 2nd hand info, so I apologize in advance.  My understanding from the lady who was talking to me was his grand parents are from here and Colbert has a connection with the grandfather.  He died but the family ties with Colbert has him at United.  Hope my word salad made sense

His last name rings bells: Deshotel (sp) 

5 hours ago, Austin1985 said:

Got it. Thx