Week of Aug. 19-24 Scrimmage schedule/Post updates/results here

Ned 13

WB 0

they played 2 quarters. Ned should have had one more TD. Dropped a TD from the one and then botched the snap on the FG try lol

defense looks good. Hard hitting.

if the Dogs can block a little, Hubert is gonna smash. He’s that dude. 

2 minutes ago, jake94 said:

Ned 13

WB 0

they played 2 quarters. Ned should have had one more TD. Dropped a TD from the one and then botched the snap on the FG try lol

New blocking scheme they'll get it worked out...this team is better than last year for sure

3 minutes ago, jake94 said:

Ned 13

WB 0

Told you this couple years ago. 😁

38 minutes ago, jake94 said:

Ned 13

WB 0

So they moved the ball pretty well?  Did they keep the penalties down?

59 minutes ago, Bigdog said:

So they moved the ball pretty well?  Did they keep the penalties down?

There weren’t very many penalties on either team.

They played 6 quarters with the last 2 being game conditions.

In this scrimmage Nederland held the ball for a quarter, starting at their own 35. If there was a turnover then the ball went back to the 35 and they started over. Then WB did the same for a quarter.

Then they did the exact same again and without a roster, I am assuming it was mostly swapping out players. So 4 quarters were each team holding onto the ball for an entire quarter. Neither team scored. Nederland did get to a first and goal at the 2 of WB but fumbled to WB on the first play so back to the 35 to start over. WB got deep in Nederland territory like maybe down to the 20 but they were called back on one of the few penalties. 

After those 4 quarters of swapping possessions they played 2 more quarters of game conditions except for kickoffs and punts. They would do the kickoffs and punts but with no return allowed.

Nederland scored twice in the game simulation. It was a decent scrimmage for both teams. Nederland probably had a more stout defense against the WB offense than vice versa. 

2 hours ago, NHSBulldogFan said:

Hubert is a beast this year...I think the numbers might have something to do with the incident at the high school from last night cause not everyone went to class today

That makes sense - I heard about a threat of some kind. Are you not allowed to suit up if you miss class on game day? I think that’s the rule, but I’m not sure. 

Was at the PA Memorial/Nimitz scrimmage. PA ran the ball extremely well. 3 different backs scored and the QB scored on a zone read. Also scored on a well called bubble screen to Pierre. Defensively they tackled well. Their front 7 will be really good. Brock King was dressed out but didnt play. Would've like to see the QB throw the ball down the field more. PAM probably had about 200 yards rushing in the half. 

3 hours ago, Djones8301 said:

Was at the PA Memorial/Nimitz scrimmage. PA ran the ball extremely well. 3 different backs scored and the QB scored on a zone read. Also scored on a well called bubble screen to Pierre. Defensively they tackled well. Their front 7 will be really good. Brock King was dressed out but didnt play. Would've like to see the QB throw the ball down the field more. PAM probably had about 200 yards rushing in the half. 

How di Nimitz look?

9 hours ago, BBfan061 said:

I also wanna remind people… these are just glorified practices… so take all the scrimmage scores with a grain of salt. Can you see some positive and negatives? Sure but if some of these matchups were actual games they would have different results 😊

Thank you for the reminder!

10 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

I heard Silsbee scored 4 times, Orangefield 1 time.

Trying to get this confirmed.

Correction on the Silsbee/Orangefield results.

Silsbee did score 4 times

Orangefield never scored. In fact, Orangefield never penetrated past the 30 yard line. 

3 quarters Live

2 hours ago, TAMUC#1 said:

Thank you for the reminder!

Lol well some people think you beat the other team or win scrimmages.. Along with if your team struggles the season is over and it’s doom and gloom. For example watching Bellville vs El Campo last night to the common eye the Bellville defense didn’t look good at all… BUT Certain starters didn’t play much… They sat in a base defense the entire scrimmage with no adjustments… So yeah I like to see my team make it out healthy, make a play here and there and see some good conditioning… other than that scrimmages are whatever lol

4 hours ago, BEAR4LIFE said:

Anybody have any info on the Bridge City vs Newton scrimmage?  The 21-0 BC I saw is a little surprising.  

From what I am collecting, Newton and BC 1s both scored in controlled portion. Newton had a couple long runs (one being a TD) called back for holding. In the two live quarters. Newton stuffed BCs first drive on offense. Newton was close to scoring on their first possession after being awarded a pass interference call, but they fumbled inside the 10 and BC recovered and completely dominated after that. BC scored 3 TDs on O and the defense shut Newton out. 

Scrimmages scheduled for tonight:

FRIDAY, AUG. 23

Channelview at Beaumont United      Friday 6pm

Shadow Creek at Barbers Hill       Friday    6pm

Pearland Dawson at Friendswood    Friday    6pm

Lufkin at Huntsville         Friday       6pm

Lake Creek at New Caney       Friday     7pm

Legacy Prep at Tarkington    Friday      6:30pm

West Sabine at Shelbyville           Friday       6pm

Chester at Beaumont Legacy     Friday     6pm