Tyler Chapel Hill @Jasper 8/30/2024

I don’t have my Texas Football magazine in front of me, but I think they’re bringing back some star power from their state run. And, didn’t Jasper lose their good LB? So, just on experience and games played, I’d say 35-21 TCH. 

22 hours ago, Rez said:

I don’t have my Texas Football magazine in front of me, but I think they’re bringing back some star power from their state run. And, didn’t Jasper lose their good LB? So, just on experience and games played, I’d say 35-21 TCH. 

Yeah they bring back their stud QB and stud RB

I think jasper can keep it close.  that defense has been stout, and it's gonna be TCH's first real game of the season.  I wouldn't be surprised to see their offense take awhile to get clicking.  I'll still take chapel hill, 21-13

5 hours ago, bullets13 said:

I think jasper can keep it close.  that defense has been stout, and it's gonna be TCH's first real game of the season.  I wouldn't be surprised to see their offense take awhile to get clicking.  I'll still take chapel hill, 21-13

yes sir you are correct. the past 3 seasons our defense is the reason we have won what games we have.  it's great (and doesn't happen often) to return all starters on either side of the ball. Last season we had our entire defense return. The pitfall comes when you start the season after they leave with pre season schedule that's  one of the hardest if not the hardest in 4A DII without even one player with starting experience on Varsity. 

38 minutes ago, Dirty_but_Dazzling said:

yes sir you are correct. the past 3 seasons our defense is the reason we have won what games we have.  it's great (and doesn't happen often) to return all starters on either side of the ball. Last season we had our entire defense return. The pitfall comes when you start the season after they leave with pre season schedule that's  one of the hardest if not the hardest in 4A DII without even one player with starting experience on Varsity. 

I thought Jasper had a couple starters back on defense?

2 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

According to DCTF, Jasper has 6 returning on offense and 2 returning on defense.

A couple of other publications have it the same.

I was talking about our defense only when I said no returners.  I would like to know who they say those two are.  what are the "other publications"? 

12 minutes ago, Dirty_but_Dazzling said:

I was talking about our defense only when I said no returners.  I would like to know who they say those two are.  what are the "other publications"? 

According to DCTF, DT Simmons and DB Garza-Adams return on defense.

The other publications are the Examiner and Enterprise with their preseason mag.

4 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

According to DCTF, DT Simmons and DB Garza-Adams return on defense.

The other publications are the Examiner and Enterprise with their preseason mag.

lol. #3 Garza Adams is a Jr returning wide receiver. (he might have started a game during season when there was an injury...maybe) 

to my point I was making earlier when you go from  100% returning one season on the stronger unit on a team to having only 18% (I will go with the 2) of that the next season it most likely gonna come with tough times, especially opening the season against a state title game appearance team.

7 hours ago, Dirty_but_Dazzling said:

lol. #3 Garza Adams is a Jr returning wide receiver. (he might have started a game during season when there was an injury...maybe) 

to my point I was making earlier when you go from  100% returning one season on the stronger unit on a team to having only 18% (I will go with the 2) of that the next season it most likely gonna come with tough times, especially opening the season against a state title game appearance team.

I 100% agree.

Was just answering the question from the other poster about how many defensive starters returned.

Carry on