2024 Pick'ems Results & Discussion

• WOSdrummer99 changed the title to 2024 Pick'ems Results & Discussion

I've been reminded there was a lot of copy cats on the pickems last season. You can send them directly to me thru the PM or request them to be hidden. It's easy to put "PLEASE HIDEat the top of your picks. This can be done by any Mod. But there could be a delay if no Mod is on to see. I hope this can help. If anyone else has an idea I'm open to suggestions.

1 minute ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

I've been reminded there was a lot of copy cats on the pickems last season. You can send them directly to me thru the PM or request them to be hidden. It's easy to put "PLEASE HIDEat the top of your picks. This can be done by any Mod. But there could be a delay if no Mod is on to see. I hope this can help. If anyone else has an idea I'm open to suggestions.

Or you could just ban @RaiderGirl22 from participating, problem solved 😁🤷🏾‍♂️

3 hours ago, aki1994 said:

No PNG game?

Not this week. I like to spread it around during pre district. Looking ahead I see a few times PNG that will be included. And they should have more opportunities vs quality opponents in the playoffs. I'll go ahead pencil in the game next week vs United so we don't offend such a great fan base. Although that could just as easily be considered a freebie. 

I welcome any request. If anyone feels that your team hasn't been included please let me know.

On 8/25/2024 at 4:29 PM, WOSdrummer99 said:

Cmon guys it ain’t that serious… don’t copy others 😂😂

7 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

Not this week. I like to spread it around during pre district. Looking ahead I see a few times PNG that will be included. And they should have more opportunities vs quality opponents in the playoffs. I'll go ahead pencil in the game next week vs United so we don't offend such a great fan base. Although that could just as easily be considered a freebie. 

I welcome any request. If anyone feels that your team hasn't been included please let me know.

I don't know if it's a freebie type matchup this season, we'll see. 

15 hours ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

I am not offended. I just assumed it was a pick em for local games. 

51 minutes ago, aki1994 said:

I am not offended. I just assumed it was a pick em for local games. 

We have 66 coverage area games for this week. 7 on Thursday, 55 on Friday, 4 on Saturday. Pickem is only 25 games.

Like 99 stated, he likes to spread it around and try to get all the teams in at one time during the season. We have 82 total teams in our coverage area. So some weeks there will be some teams not included.

1 hour ago, Matt Dillon said:

This looks like the place to post an apology for my boo boo in the pick ems. Hate that my very first post contained a mistake…. Still learning my way around the site….Promise to do better and I’m looking forward to the coming season

Yes it is and no reason to apologize. We all make mistakes and i will make more than a few too. Your pick has been changed as requested. Process for editing a post is easy.

Just above the post you wish to change. And to the right of your user name, click the "3 dots", then select "Edit" from the drop down.

Don't forget to save it after the changes have been made. 

There is a time limit on editing posts. So anyone that is unable to access the edit from the drop down menu can still send me a PM or post it here in this topic if you want it to be public. Many times new information such as injuries during the week can change how we think the game will go. And we can change the picks right up until the lock time. 

8 hours ago, Sledge said:

Any Thursday night games on this weeks pickem lineup ?

Unless I make a mistake or the game time is changed, all pickem games are scheduled for Friday nights. Until playoffs of course. Then I still prefer to avoid the Thursday games and use Saturday's if needed.