LCM VS HF week 1

39 minutes ago, LCMAlumtiger32 said:

Thats bad when two alums pick against your alma mater. I guess at some point you have to honest with yourself. But if LCM wins that will tell me they are a good team to be respected. 

I respect them either way. They picked extremely tough challenges pre district nd not cupcakes, and that's something to build off of.

Realistically. HF is a tall task at this point.

HF is really good this year.  I was kinda curious to see how they'd scrimmage against lumberton last week.  the fact that they were up 21-0 and lumberton took their ball and went home after 1 quarter told me a lot.  If you'd asked me for a full game prediction, I would've picked HF over lumberton by 21.  The horns looked like they could hang 60 on them.  If LCM hasn't improved a lot from last year, HF could win in a blowout.  The horns are better this year than last, and they were pretty dang good last year when they beat a couple of teams who pounded on the bears pretty good. I'll take HF by 21.

49 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

HF is really good this year.  I was kinda curious to see how they'd scrimmage against lumberton last week.  the fact that they were up 21-0 and lumberton took their ball and went home after 1 quarter told me a lot.  If you'd asked me for a full game prediction, I would've picked HF over lumberton by 21.  The horns looked like they could hang 60 on them.  If LCM hasn't improved a lot from last year, HF could win in a blowout.  The horns are better this year than last, and they were pretty dang good last year when they beat a couple of teams who pounded on the bears pretty good. I'll take HF by 21.

I agree to a point. Not so sure HF is better defensively this year. Lost a lot on that side of the ball. All three LB's, 2 DB's and a DL. All were very significant on that side of the ball. Particularly two of the LB's.

HF offense will be their strength. Lot's of weapons and a good offensive line. 

Still my pick to win district.

As for this game, I got HF by 14

3 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

I agree to a point. Not so sure HF is better defensively this year. Lost a lot on that side of the ball. All three LB's, 2 DB's and a DL. All were very significant on that side of the ball. Particularly two of the LB's.

HF offense will be their strength. Lot's of weapons and a good offensive line. 

Still my pick to win district.

As for this game, I got HF by 14

defense should still be pretty salty, but you're right, they lost some key guys.  it's my understanding there are some solid pieces moving up as well, though.  Pirtle is also back and healthy, and should be starting somewhere in the secondary.  he's a ballplayer.   

1 hour ago, bullets13 said:

defense should still be pretty salty, but you're right, they lost some key guys.  it's my understanding there are some solid pieces moving up as well, though.

HF d line is going to get tossed around by LCMs offensive line. There linebacker will really have to bow their necks if they are going to stop the rungame. Time to see what these solid pieces moving up are all about. They will face big challenges going into their first varsity game as a starter.