LCM VS HF week 1

4 hours ago, Billyjohn said:

Both teams seem to have explosive offense , defense on the other hand has looked poor from both. 

you've seen the HF defense play?  I feel like this is a "no."  HF defense has been fairly dominant in their scrimmages so far, from what I've seen with my own eyes and also heard.  I'm not saying they've played great offenses, but nobody has made them "look poor" up to this point.  we'll see what LCM does against them with their big O-line.  And about this explosive offense... 5 of their 6 wins last year came against teams with a 7-44 record, and the only reason they managed 7 wins between them was because BC beat two 3A teams and there were four games where two of the five teams played each other and someone had to win.  LCM played 4 solid teams last year (if we count WOS), and averaged about 8 points a game in those contests. So have they grown so much this season that they're now "explosive?" 

1 hour ago, bullets13 said:

you've seen the HF defense play?  I feel like this is a "no."  HF defense has been fairly dominant in their scrimmages so far, from what I've seen with my own eyes and also heard.  I'm not saying they've played great offenses, but nobody has made them "look poor" up to this point.  we'll see what LCM does against them with their big O-line.  And about this explosive offense... 5 of their 6 wins last year came against teams with a 7-44 record, and the only reason they managed 7 wins between them was because BC beat two 3A teams and there were four games where two of the five teams played each other and someone had to win.  LCM played 4 solid teams last year (if we count WOS), and averaged about 8 points a game in those contests. So have they grown so much this season that they're now "explosive?" 

Doesn't really matter how big they are by itself neither..... They have to be aggressive too. I haven't seen them play yet so I don't know.

41 minutes ago, Billyjohn said:

Has Lcm even figured out their starting qb yet ?

Not yet.  Senior has been more successful through the first two scrimmages.  Threw 3 TD's w/ 1 interception and moved the ball well against OF and the PNG 1's, and ended up scoring against their 2's.  Junior threw 3 interceptions against OF, no scores.  Threw an interception on his first pass vs PNG, and then scored late in the scrimmage against their 2/3's.  I hear the plan is to keep on with the "dual QB" system for some reason.   

On 8/26/2024 at 1:05 PM, bullets13 said:

I saw HF's defense play. They were very strong against the run. The were very average against the pass. 

Their offense is crazy good though. I said before the season they would probably go 14-0 before they lost.....we will see.

6 minutes ago, BBfan061 said:

I wonder how many 4A schools have turf now and how many don’t… 

I'm sure more have it than don't.  I'm glad I got to play football and soccer on grass.  it has some benefits for football, but turf has absolutely ruined high school soccer.

Give me HF by 2 TDs!

As AAW was saying, having to reload the defense, only 3 starters coming back. Stopping the downhill run is going to be a task they’ll have to prove they’re up to. The offense is the truth though. They have the QB, the RBs, and WRs. As long as their interior OL handles things, they’re going to be scary.