Lumberton @ Nederland

Neeerland defense is legit.  Probably the best LB core in the area.  Lumberton will struggle all night trying to move the ball.  Debuts for both head coaches will have both teams hyped out of the gate but no way I see Lumberton scoring twice unless against the backups in a blowout.  Even then though, I don’t see it.  Nederland 41-0.  7/7 in extra points is tough in HS.

Lumberton might not look good on paper but it isn’t a spelling bee. They might come in with a chip on their shoulder with nothing to lose and make a game of it. 

Certainly Nederland could make easy work of the Raiders but I am never so confident of predictions, especially early in the season. 

On 8/24/2024 at 11:58 AM, RaiderGirl22 said:

Never said it didn’t matter much. Pretty much saying the attitude within the team is different than before Reyes came! 

Attitude not going to win you many games 😂

On 8/24/2024 at 11:58 AM, RaiderGirl22 said:

Never said it didn’t matter much. Pretty much saying the attitude within the team is different than before Reyes came! 

Attitude not going to win you many games 😂

On 8/23/2024 at 8:38 PM, setxathlete14 said:

This game last year doesn't seem so far fetched. Has nederland improved that much and has lumbertons regressed that much? I'm interested to find out lol

Nederland has improved and has new OC (not good last year)

Lumberton lost most of team and added the OC from Nederland 😐…and they quit in middle of their last game

I imagine that RB for Nederland will have a career game 

Glad that Nederland got a new coaching staff and players are excited for the season. I look for them to be much improved this season

I certainly think they will beat the Raiders, but unless they have improved tremendously from the scrimmage, where they only scored twice, I don’t think they will score 40 like was posted by someone

6 hours ago, spidersal said:

Glad that Nederland got a new coaching staff and players are excited for the season. I look for them to be much improved this season

I certainly think they will beat the Raiders, but unless they have improved tremendously from the scrimmage, where they only scored twice, I don’t think they will score 40 like was posted by someone

I don't think high scores are going to be Nederland's M.O. this year...it's going to be ball control and a good defense definitely different from the other teams in 8-5A...the thing I'm waiting to see is how will the passing game look 

5 minutes ago, NHSBulldogFan said:

I don't think high scores are going to be Nederland's M.O. this year...it's going to be ball control and a good defense definitely different from the other teams in 8-5A...the thing I'm waiting to see is how will the passing game look 

Is that Reedy kid starting QB yet?