BH Vs. New Caney

BH vs New Caney  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins

• BH
    • New Caney

New Caney is picked to place 7th in their 9 team 6A district and return 7/6 from a team that went 5-5 last year. BH is picked to place 3rd in their district and return 7/5 from a team that went 9-3 last year making it to the area round of the playoffs.  These teams used to be old district mates until the New Caney area exploded taking them to 6A and spawning 2 more schools.  New Caney looks to return their QB and other pieces to potentially make them better than last year. BH returns most of the O line and RB from last year with some key receivers back as well however they graduated their QB and will have a new QB1 at the helm. BH defense returns some key pieces as well but will need some reps before this team can jell. I'm picking BH to win this one at home, but I'm sure it will be a shaky game for both teams. 

1 hour ago, Cougtalk said:

From the scrimm that NC just played this should be an easy one for BH. 

Yeah ours wasn’t much better, but going up against the #19 team in 6 A that returned 9/8 may have had something to do with it 👊

Not much concerned with the final score either way. Aside from being involved in some long standing rivalry, I look at pre-district games as glorified scrimmages that are there to get work and refinement in. Yes I know some others do care who wins though and thats fine. If we get good work in, avoid any major injuries, and play as a team I am happy.  

I am surprised this game is not included in the pick ems. It includes the likes of Fairfield @ Maypearl, Joaquin vs Frankston, and Chester @ Penelope, but BH does not belong, LOL. 

23 hours ago, Separation Scientist said:

Not much concerned with the final score either way. Aside from being involved in some long standing rivalry, I look at pre-district games as glorified scrimmages that are there to get work and refinement in. Yes I know some others do care who wins though and thats fine. If we get good work in, avoid any major injuries, and play as a team I am happy.  

I am surprised this game is not included in the pick ems. It includes the likes of Fairfield @ Maypearl, Joaquin vs Frankston, and Chester @ Penelope, but BH does not belong, LOL. 

I hear ya and share your sentiments on getting work in and being injury free. However I don’t think the team nor coaches see this as glorified scrimmages 😂. Scrimmages are gone and now it’s time to get busy to see where your season will be. In the realm of things these games don’t decide playoff seeding, but you are playing to win and not just compete. 

Games Day ! Goodluck BH looking forward to the 2024 version. BH is picked by 17 by DC, but I think this will be closer. Tonight should tell us about where we are specifically around the QB position.

On 8/23/2024 at 9:44 PM, BHFAN said:

New Caney is picked to place 7th in their 9 team 6A district and return 7/6 from a team that went 5-5 last year. BH is picked to place 3rd in their district and return 7/5 from a team that went 9-3 last year making it to the area round of the playoffs.  These teams used to be old district mates until the New Caney area exploded taking them to 6A and spawning 2 more schools.  New Caney looks to return their QB and other pieces to potentially make them better than last year. BH returns most of the O line and RB from last year with some key receivers back as well however they graduated their QB and will have a new QB1 at the helm. BH defense returns some key pieces as well but will need some reps before this team can jell. I'm picking BH to win this one at home, but I'm sure it will be a shaky game for both teams. 

The returning QB for NC decided to focus on baseball and did not return. I don't think this game will be close and if it is then BH will be in for a long year. Just my opinion, but I only see NC winning two games this year and tonight is not one of them.

On 8/26/2024 at 8:45 AM, Separation Scientist said:

Last night was a perfect example of what I alluded to earlier. Today, what really does the final score matter? It was as someone said, disasterous for BH. I would trade a L in that game to avoid the injuries in a heartbeat. This illustrates my point exactly. 

On 8/31/2024 at 3:39 PM, Separation Scientist said:

Last night was a perfect example of what I alluded to earlier. Today, what really does the final score matter? It was as someone said, disasterous for BH. I would trade a L in that game to avoid the injuries in a heartbeat. This illustrates my point exactly. 

Winning or losing doesn't dictate if injures happen or not. Injuries are part of the game unfortunately and yes it does matter what the score was for the team, coaches and community! Now would everyone trade to have those players healthy in exchange for a loss? absolutely, but that's not how it works.

I have read lots of comments on social media. Everyone is worried and concerned about the players and their injuries. I have not encountered a single one mentioning the score. In three more weeks, no one will much remember that game or its score. Its all good. We can agree to disagree. 

PS, got a glimmer of good news regarding one of them. I don't know about the other.   

Stats for this game from Max Preps(may or may not be accused😃)

Zelle Cantu QB had 200 yards completing 80% and 5 TD’s. Max didn’t have any rushing yards for him, but I know he went for 15 ish and trucked a DB.

k. Schuelzky RB got most of the yards from the three backs at 84 and 1TD while DJ Jorden got 14.3 yards a carry on 4 carries.

Trip Davis hauled in 3 catches for 64 yards and a TD wile 8 other receivers combined for 162 yards