Hwy 90 Shootout Dayton Vs Crosby

How perfect is it the year that the highway 90 shootout is brought back is also the return of Texas/Texas A&M.

Regardless of outcome this game should happen every year as Crosby and Dayton are true rivals, and with the expansion of 99 will soon be back to the same size. 

as someone who was at Crosby during the Stewart Era in Dayton nothing is more special that beating those Broncos. 

good luck to everyone stay healthy and I hope it's a a amazing game. Crosby by 21

1 hour ago, Cougtalk said:

How perfect is it the year that the highway 90 shootout is brought back is also the return of Texas/Texas A&M.

Regardless of outcome this game should happen every year as Crosby and Dayton are true rivals, and with the expansion of 99 will soon be back to the same size. 

as someone who was at Crosby during the Stewart Era in Dayton nothing is more special that beating those Broncos. 

good luck to everyone stay healthy and I hope it's a a amazing game. Crosby by 21

I’m a loooong time Crosby fan, ex-player, father of a player, all the way back to the George Dean era of the ‘70s.  All that set aside, it won’t hurt my feelings if Prieto “donkey stomps” the Crosby administration on this one. 

This will be on Texan Live. Prieto is what makes this one interesting, will he have Dayton firing on all cylinders like he did with Crosby? I think Dayton has a chance in this one.

3 hours ago, CCRed said:

I’m a loooong time Crosby fan, ex-player, father of a player, all the way back to the George Dean era of the ‘70s.  All that set aside, it won’t hurt my feelings if Prieto “donkey stomps” the Crosby administration on this one. 

He won't be he'd be donkey stomping the Crosby team. Pretend to have some gumption at least, if you don't like the admin then vote new board to get rid of them, don't wish poor seasons and events on students. 

5 hours ago, CCRed said:

Do you really think that Crosby administration ( Superintendent ) is going to be bothered by a Prieto win ??

I wonder if anyone has a  scouting report on the Broncos- since I've retired I'm kind of out of the loop .( I know 14.2 probably has the skinny on  Dayton)  What I do know  we  have a few  bonified studs on the roster and finally a real coach . I think playing  the Cougs ( who for the most part are usually loaded with talent) will be a good indicator to see if the Broncos will return to be a legitimate contender again. 

11 hours ago, jayhawk said:

I wonder if anyone has a  scouting report on the Broncos- since I've retired I'm kind of out of the loop .( I know 14.2 probably has the skinny on  Dayton)  What I do know  we  have a few  bonified studs on the roster and finally a real coach . I think playing  the Cougs ( who for the most part are usually loaded with talent) will be a good indicator to see if the Broncos will return to be a legitimate contender again. 

So the report I got was that they looked okay but didn't play any live action in their scrimmage which seemed weird. 

On 8/24/2024 at 8:23 PM, Justafan72 said:

Do you really think that Crosby administration ( Superintendent ) is going to be bothered by a Prieto win ??

Um, yes. Yes she will be. If Dayton beats Crosby, the community will blame her for running him off. Especially on the heels of the awful season Crosby had last year. 

On 8/24/2024 at 3:45 PM, BHFAN said:

This will be on Texan Live. Prieto is what makes this one interesting, will he have Dayton firing on all cylinders like he did with Crosby? I think Dayton has a chance in this one.

Not sure about Texan Live, but the student AV program at DHS does an incredible live stream broadcast on YouTube. I believe it's called Bronco Sports Live. I'll confirm and post a link here once I get it. Shout out to the AV teacher at DHS who has worked his tail off to get this high-quality broadcast off the ground to support Dayton athletics. 

26 minutes ago, 2wedge said:

Um, yes. Yes she will be. If Dayton beats Crosby, the community will blame her for running him off. Especially on the heels of the awful season Crosby had last year. 

I,and many others don't think she will loose any sleep on the down fall of the football program.He's still here, isn't he.  

18 minutes ago, Justafan72 said:

I,and many others don't think she will loose any sleep on the down fall of the football program.He's still here, isn't he.  

Because firing him after one year would be an admission of failure on her part. Willis will coach this year, then retire again and allow Patterson to hit the reset button. 

48 minutes ago, 2wedge said:

Not sure about Texan Live, but the student AV program at DHS does an incredible live stream broadcast on YouTube. I believe it's called Bronco Sports Live. I'll confirm and post a link here once I get it. Shout out to the AV teacher at DHS who has worked his tail off to get this high-quality broadcast off the ground to support Dayton athletics. 

This is the hidden content, please

I was wrong. It's called Dayton Bronco Studios on YouTube. Quality production and the best option for streaming Bronco Football. 

1 hour ago, Bronco/Cat Fan said:

Crosby has a D1 running back and two good options at QB. The Broncos will have their hands full. Definitely pulling for the Broncos to get the win. 

Sounds like a mirror of Dayton! With a D1 Wr that will play DB and QB if needed. 

2 hours ago, Bronco/Cat Fan said:

Crosby has a D1 running back and two good options at QB. The Broncos will have their hands full. Definitely pulling for the Broncos to get the win. 

He has a power 5 RB, one of the best inside LB’s in the area committed to UTEP, a left tackle committed to Air Force, a QB who will potentially D1 football and several other kids who will play at the college level. Not to mention the best prospect on the entire team being a stud sophomore. 

Talent wasn’t the issue last year and it’s not the issue this year. This issue is the questionable personnel decisions which get compounded by the questionable play-calling philosophy, mainly offensively.  

22 hours ago, jayhawk said:

Dayton’s offense looked mediocre to pretty decent at times which I think is to be expected with a completely new system. Also have to remember the new personnel positions along with the QB being relatively new at the varsity level, he only made three starts last year as a freshman but at least one was a playoff game. Dayton has a lot better personnel than Lee and Crosby struggled to shut them down. 

Coach Poth is a great DC but but unless Daygon plays several kids both ways(which Crosby did when Prieto was there) the Broncos might be challenged on that side of the ball all year? Crosby hasn’t consistently shown the ability exploit team’s defense deficiencies under the new staff so Dayton will still probably be ok there. 

I think Dayton is going to play fast and loose while Crosby plays slow and tight. Maybe special teams decided it like some of the old classics? 

12 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

He has a power 5 RB, one of the best inside LB’s in the area committed to UTEP, a left tackle committed to Air Force, a QB who will potentially D1 football and several other kids who will play at the college level. Not to mention the best prospect on the entire team being a stud sophomore. 

Talent wasn’t the issue last year and it’s not the issue this year. This issue is the questionable personnel decisions which get compounded by the questionable play-calling philosophy, mainly offensively.  

This is exactly right. If Prieto is still in Crosby, this is a lock playoff team with potential to go 3-4 rounds deep. With Prieto gone, this team will battle just to lock in the 4 spot. 

12 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Dayton’s offense looked mediocre to pretty decent at times which I think is to be expected with a completely new system. Also have to remember the new personnel positions along with the QB being relatively new at the varsity level, he only made three starts last year as a freshman but at least one was a playoff game. Dayton has a lot better personnel than Lee and Crosby struggled to shut them down. 

Coach Poth is a great DC but but unless Daygon plays several kids both ways(which Crosby did when Prieto was there) the Broncos might be challenged on that side of the ball all year? Crosby hasn’t consistently shown the ability exploit team’s defense deficiencies under the new staff so Dayton will still probably be ok there. 

I think Dayton is going to play fast and loose while Crosby plays slow and tight. Maybe special teams decided it like some of the old classics? 

Good analogy and insight always  appreciate your football knowledge and perspective on the HS scene. Both coaches will have both teams pumped up as well as the crowd . With the renewal of a once intense rivalry this should be a hell of a fun game to witness!