UIL Revisiting Transfer Rules

I guess I'm old school.  It's gotten out of hand, I think.  I believe in order for a student to play for a particular school, he must live in that school district.  I know there are some great athletes that live in a district where the football program is not good, and the kid would benefit in another school district a few blocks down the road or even in the next county.  It's a tough situation on the parents.

Ok. I might get some flack about this but imo I think if a student transfers in to a school he should sit out 1 year of all varsity sports. He must also live in the district in which he’s going to. He can play Jv are under just not varsity level the year he transferred in. They should not be any exceptions to the rule. 

16 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

I read an article last year about a kid in Alabama that literally played one team on Friday, then a different team the following Friday without even moving.

If that's where we're headed, it won't be good.  

Alabama is a different story altogether... You may not have heard, but that same kid's parents are potentially brother & sister. 😂

45 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

I read an article last year about a kid in Alabama that literally played one team on Friday, then a different team the following Friday without even moving.

If that's where we're headed, it won't be good.  

It happened in Florida too, same year. Probably been going on for awhile over yonder.