Port Arthur Memorial (30) @ Spring Dekaney (17) - FINAL

38 minutes ago, PAMFAM10 said:

It wasn’t they had one muff kick. Titans defense cause the rest of the fumbles. Dekaney scored there first or second drive and ain’t score another td till later 4th. My point is memorial beat a bigger team that loaded the box. And PAM still won. Titans are 1-0.

The QB I’m not too concerned about felt like he could have been helped more with the oline and more wr screens. 

Bro, remember the play he lined up alone in the with no back and tried to do a zone read when NOBODY was there??? That’s not oline. There plenty of times where he had good protection and just was way off. The line can’t give him 5 and 10 seconds. Also dekaney had starters going both ways. That should tell u the rest of the team was just there suited up watching. Again a lot of snaps for the wildcats were behind the qb taking them out of scoring position atleast 3 times I counted with one resulting in the fg. That had nothing to do with memorial defense bruh. I’m talking about they were in side the 10 and one was on side the five. Next week is gonna be the typical game to where they will blow out the team and not let any back ups play and fans think they back.., against a horrible team. So far wheather  u like me or not, I been right. Anyone looking at that on replay will see it plain as day. A dub is a dub, but u ain’t beating nobody in district but brook and sterling playing like that. 

18 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

As much as I don't wanna say this our resident critic might have one leg on it at this particular time. We'll see going forward but it is what it is right now. 

I mean they gonna have to change  the whole offense or water it down. If they make it for him to run more and maybe catch people off guard with a deep pass cause he got a decent arm, that might work.  I highly hope they use next week to get a lot done on the game cause after that, it’s gonna be a fight every week

2 minutes ago, pakronos said:

I mean they gonna have to change  the whole offense or water it down. If they make it for him to run more and maybe catch people off guard with a deep pass cause he got a decent arm, that might work.  I highly hope they use next week to get a lot done on the game cause after that, it’s gonna be a fight every week

I agree with this. 

Shout out to the Defense and Special Teams.  I knew the team would have to lean on that side of the ball sans the secondary, but they came through causing fumbles.  Shout out to the Oline making a way against a 5-3 defense with run blitzes.  

I've always been partial to no spring ball and having two scrimmages.  Hopefully, these next 3 games, the QB will improve because me thinks the district runs through Galveston Island

Congrats on the win

32 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Our secondary needs work. We won off talent last night IMO. We need depth. Just saying. We're good, BUT......

16 is a USC commitment which is no excuse because our dbs hold offers to but out side of 16 everything else was locked down 16 had to have 90% of Dekaney receiving yards. (which he got on unbelievable snags) 

4 minutes ago, Austin1985 said:

Shout out to the Defense and Special Teams.  I knew the team would have to lean on that side of the ball sans the secondary, but they came through causing fumbles.  Shout out to the Oline making a way against a 5-3 defense with run blitzes.  

I've always been partial to no spring ball and having two scrimmages.  Hopefully, these next 3 games, the QB will improve because me thinks the district runs through Galveston Island

Congrats on the win

✊🏾

24 minutes ago, pakronos said:

Bro, remember the play he lined up alone in the with no back and tried to do a zone read when NOBODY was there??? That’s not oline. There plenty of times where he had good protection and just was way off. The line can’t give him 5 and 10 seconds. Also dekaney had starters going both ways. That should tell u the rest of the team was just there suited up watching. Again a lot of snaps for the wildcats were behind the qb taking them out of scoring position atleast 3 times I counted with one resulting in the fg. That had nothing to do with memorial defense bruh. I’m talking about they were in side the 10 and one was on side the five. Next week is gonna be the typical game to where they will blow out the team and not let any back ups play and fans think they back.., against a horrible team. So far wheather  u like me or not, I been right. Anyone looking at that on replay will see it plain as day. A dub is a dub, but u ain’t beating nobody in district but brook and sterling playing like that. 

I was at the game right on the 50 it’s like we watch two completely different games. The offense struggled tonight that’s true. They still did enough to win. And the defense basically held them to 7 we won 30-17 and it’s the end of the world. 

Just now, PAMFAM10 said:

I was at the game right on the 50 it’s like we watch two completely different games. The offense struggled tonight that’s true. They still did enough to win. And the defense basically held them to 7 we won 30-17 and it’s the end of the world.  

You was right about the QB play I give you that.

3 minutes ago, PAMFAM10 said:

True. 

6 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Also did anyone else notice it was really dry last night. Thankgoodness lol. 

Memorial has the best Defensive Line in the region btw. 

It got a little misty raincoats came on but yes pretty dry and humid.

Riles dominated in every possible way.

3 hours ago, Austin1985 said:

Congrats on the win

I agree. I want to see ball a couple of more times. They can be the second place team easily

3 hours ago, PAMFAM10 said:

That’s all I was really saying. To me it’s the butterfly effect. He sets tone for the game. If he turn over the ball on downs, fumbles, int., punts in a matter of 2 min, that puts the defense back out there and during this time of year, they are winded with the humidity and heat. Especially against teams that can move the ball. That can cause the d to give up big plays due to fatigue. That goes back to Morgan cause there is NO depth on the sideline. Not sure what the JV numbers are, but they need bodies. 

On 8/31/2024 at 8:38 AM, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Our secondary needs work. We won off talent last night IMO. We need depth. Just saying. We're good, BUT......

I wouldn't say our secondary (as a WHOLE) but one in particular. The long plays were against ONE DB. Also what CRITICS should know is that 3 out of 4/5 (depending on the defense ran) were SOPH playing in their FIRST varsity game. And even still, the Sophomores weren't the one's that got beat. First game! First win! GO YE MIGHTY TITANS! 

1 minute ago, ThaGhost said:

I wouldn't say our secondary (as a WHOLE) but one in particular. The long plays were against ONE DB. Also what CRITICS should know is that 3 out of 4/5 (depending on the defense ran) were SOPH playing in their FIRST varsity game. And even still, the Sophomores weren't the one's that got beat. First game! First win! GO YE MIGHTY TITANS! 

Looking back I agree 

3 hours ago, Austin1985 said:

This is the hidden content, please

Ah, the eye in the sky doesn't lie.  While some here think the glass is more than half empty, I submit to the jury what blocking 8 with 6 looks like.  It's a miracle that PAM scored at all(deep sarcasm)  This is the epitome of a loaded box

At times dekaney was dropping 3 and rushing 8…. And haters going to say every team will do this. But dekaney have 2 db with big time offers and was putting 16 as the 3rd db (3 big time 4 star athletes)… not many teams will be able to duplicate that. Not to mention PAM was still able to break off Hugh runs. Pam showed one miss tackle one bad angle is a house call. That put a lot of pressure on the opponent defense. I think most will go with bend but don’t break approach.. and Delaney has 6a size doing it.

Another note Dekaney only score outside of garage time was to a big time UT comment. At TE that was a a well designed play.  I don’t make excuses for titans but dekaney is an average to good 6a squad with big time recruits. And PAM won in there house. I don’t see how any negativity come from that. 

Also side note it wasn’t the sophomores getting beat it was PAM big time recruit getting work. He also played on a island against 16 and to be fair 16 was making unbelievable contested catches.

My opinion on the QB is he looked like a first time starter wasn’t necessary accurate but showed he has a live arm and can beat you with the run. Another positive he was working the sidelines screaming next play next play. He seemed like the leader who didn’t get down on himself or the team.

Last observation Titans went Eugen, baker then Martin at RB. Just a observation.

2 hours ago, PAMFAM10 said:

At times dekaney was dropping 3 and rushing 8…. And haters going to say every team will do this. But dekaney have 2 db with big time offers and was putting 16 as the 3rd db (3 big time 4 star athletes)… not many teams will be able to duplicate that. Not to mention PAM was still able to break off Hugh runs. Pam showed one miss tackle one bad angle is a house call. That put a lot of pressure on the opponent defense. I think most will go with bend but don’t break approach.. and Delaney has 6a size doing it.

Another note Dekaney only score outside of garage time was to a big time UT comment. At TE that was a a well designed play.  I don’t make excuses for titans but dekaney is an average to good 6a squad with big time recruits. And PAM won in there house. I don’t see how any negativity come from that. 

Also side note it wasn’t the sophomores getting beat it was PAM big time recruit getting work. He also played on a island against 16 and to be fair 16 was making unbelievable contested catches.

My opinion on the QB is he looked like a first time starter wasn’t necessary accurate but showed he has a live arm and can beat you with the run. Another positive he was working the sidelines screaming next play next play. He seemed like the leader who didn’t get down on himself or the team.

Last observation Titans went Eugen, baker then Martin at RB. Just a observation.

That was the purpose of my post.  I want 'fans' and non-supporters alike see how there where mostly positives in the win.  The film doesn't lie.  Wish I could watch the whole game but Texan live and paisd were acting up