West Orange-Stark (30) @ Newton (8) - FINAL

Just now, dj said:

Well I'm glad newton doesn't have to play Columbus.3AD1  bcz they just beat 12 cuero (4A) 69-24.that QB off the chain.

And I hope Dallas South cliff finds a QB soon. I can't see them beating png at all again!!

3 hours ago, dj said:

Well I'm glad newton doesn't have to play Columbus.3AD1  bcz they just beat 12 cuero (4A) 69-24.that QB off the chain.

TBH I think Cuero may finally be down a little… nonetheless Columbus will be a favorite in 3A D1 this year.

31 minutes ago, mat said:

I hope this is sign of an improved WOS

We gotta see how they can handle a team that can run and pass, nederland will do both. Lumberton and newton will Improve as the year goes on. That coaching staff will need to coach their a$$es off from here on out. Stick with  the 50 and adjust out of that. Cover 2 or 3 will do don't confused the kids too much until they get back use to the 50. Some shade and slants also. Just like working out with dumbells, u can do so much with the 50 and keep it simple at the same time and get great results if executed. Read and react. Also u need half crazy linebacker who are not afraid to layout!!. T always had a few. Jeff Knox had 250 tackles in one season. He was the best I've ever seen at that position. 112%

23 minutes ago, Bring back the 50 defense said:

We gotta see how they can handle a team that can run and pass, nederland will do both. Lumberton and newton will Improve as the year goes on. That coaching staff will need to coach their a$$es off from here on out. Stick with  the 50 and adjust out of that. Cover 2 or 3 will do don't confused the kids too much until they get back use to the 50. Some shade and slants also. Just like working out with dumbells, u can do so much with the 50 and keep it simple at the same time and get great results if executed. Read and react. Also u need half crazy linebacker who are not afraid to layout!!. T always had a few. Jeff Knox had 250 tackles in one season. He was the best I've ever seen at that position. 112%

Did WOS lineup in an "odd front"? 

5 hours ago, Bring back the 50 defense said:

From what I heard from a friend at the Nederland-Lumberton game, Nederlands passing game wasn’t impressive at all. But then again when you’re able to run the ball as well as they did against the Raiders you don’t need to throw much. 

Will be interesting to see that happens

5 hours ago, Austin1985 said:

I owe WO-S fans an apology.  I picked Newton despite having a conversation with a WO-S insider.  This won't happen again.  Glad to see them go back to proven concepts and strategy

Well it's nice to see they're back in there comfort zone.dline just needs some work which was expected since they haven't ran the 50 in 2 yrs. Online and dline key there season.especiàlly the online blocking for #4 Jefferson. He gonna be special just a sophomore!! The Rbs are the strength of this team.its all Abt them getting mean and nasty up front.and it u start to see what makes this program.and one other note hoping #3 Marcus turner can keep improving bcz the better QB on this team is the back up.lil Douglas can really throw it around.next year he gonna be deadly with Jefferson no matter what happens with the coaches.

2 hours ago, dj said:

one other note hoping #3 Marcus turner can keep improving bcz the better QB on this team is the back up.lil Douglas can really throw it around.next year he gonna be deadly with Jefferson no matter what happens with the coaches.

Seems like we say that everytime we have a senior QB. I don't no if the backup is better now. I did see him make some big plays at the scrimmage. Just needs to get playing time. Kinda like the JV RB.

On 8/31/2024 at 7:30 AM, Bring back the 50 defense said:

Does a "half crazy LB not afraid to lay out" help other defenses also? Also, which teams do not have both "cover 3 and cover 2" in their scheme? I could definitely see kids getting confused when someone tells them the difference between a 50 and 3-4, since the players lineup in the same spots. 

5 hours ago, 89Falcon said:

Does a "half crazy LB not afraid to lay out" help other defenses also? Also, which teams do not have both "cover 3 and cover 2" in their scheme? I could definitely see kids getting confused when someone tells them the difference between a 50 and 3-4, since the players lineup in the same spots. 

You not getting it. The last two years they were running the 4 2 5, before that they were running to 50 since 1977 til 2022. 

7 minutes ago, Bring back the 50 defense said:

You not getting it. The last two years they were running the 4 2 5, before that they were running to 50 since 1977 til 2022. 

Looked like they were running odd fronts when I saw them. Most teams are multiple nowadays. Are you saying they have been an "even front" team the last two years?