District Matchup: No

*Standings do not include this game.

INSTRUCTIONS TO LIVE UPDATE THIS GAME ON THE SCOREBOARD: 
Type !!score: or !!: as your "command" then Visitor's Score/Home Score/Quarter

Example: !!score:10/14/4 would be 10 to 14 in the 4th quarter
!!:21/28/2 would be 21 to 28 in the 2nd quarter

Use h or H for halftime, and f or F for final
You may also use - , or | in place of /

Extras: Post the time left in the quarter as minutes/seconds.
Ex:7/0/1/13/25 = 7 to 0, 1st quarter, 13 minutes, 25 seconds left. 

9 hours ago, wbfan said:

Pepperidge Farms remembers when Cleveland used to be good.

12 years ago they had enrollment of less than 1,000....now they have 3,300.

Imagine if Silsbee had 2,000 more students dropped in on them, none of whom play football, then they have to be in the district with North Shore, Summer Creek, Atascocita and CE King. They would get their butts worked over something fierce every weekend then all the good players would find a more reasonable place to play where they would have a chance.

They are a 3a or 4a school playing in a 6a district.  No one would want to subject the self to that, so likely their better players went somewhere else.

2 hours ago, gary-us-bonds said:

12 years ago they had enrollment of less than 1,000....now they have 3,300.

Imagine if Silsbee had 2,000 more students dropped in on them, none of whom play football, then they have to be in the district with North Shore, Summer Creek, Atascocita and CE King. They would get their butts worked over something fierce every weekend then all the good players would find a more reasonable place to play where they would have a chance.

They are a 3a or 4a school playing in a 6a district.  No one would want to subject the self to that, so likely their better players went somewhere else.

🙄🙄🙄🙄

They have quadrupled their enrollment in ten years and doubled it in the last three years. You think all those recent immigrants are worried about playing football?  Cleveland ISD has the highest percentage of ESL students in the state now..Higher than any in the valley.  It's a really strange and unique circumstance in Cleveland that can't be simply explained away that hey they used to be good in foot all and now they are not.

4 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

What issue do you have with that situation?

I’ve already discussed this before.  And let’s not act like we don’t know what this is really about.  

What’s the term that was used?  ‘Unwanted expansion’?  So ridiculous.  Those kids are in that district.  And some of them do play football.  Mostly all of those kid’s parents WORK and PAY TAXES.  A win/win for the town, you would think.  

8 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I’m sorry, this is sounding political and this is the football forum.  So if anyone seems this inappropriate, let me know and I’ll take it down…

If you believe it then say what’s on your mind.  

25 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I’ve already discussed this before.  And let’s not act like we don’t know what this is really about.  

What’s the term that was used?  ‘Unwanted expansion’?  So ridiculous.  Those kids are in that district.  And some of them do play football.  Mostly all of those kid’s parents WORK and PAY TAXES.  A win/win for the town, you would think.  

First, yes those kids are in the district. (not all attend regularly). Also, it's more like a hand full play football, not some. And a few of those parents work and pay taxes. The rest do not.

Now my sources to all this info is very good. I have a family member who lives in Cleveland ISD and her kids go to school there. I also have a friend who is in law enforcement over there and works that area daily. I also know a coach on staff at Cleveland very well. They all confirm what gary has posted.

What gary posted above is all true. The fact is Cleveland only has a 6A enrollment because of this "alien" community that is geographically within the Cleveland ISD boundaries. Cleveland has a 6A enrollment with 4A facilities and 3A football (based on participation numbers and talent). It's a no win situation and will only get worse. Over half of that "alien" community do not benefit the town of Cleveland. It's a terrible situation. My cop friend says it's like a third world country over there and the Mexican Cartel has a big claim to that community. Very sad to say the least.

38 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

First, yes those kids are in the district. (not all attend regularly). Also, it's more like a hand full play football, not some. And a few of those parents work and pay taxes. The rest do not.

Now my sources to all this info is very good. I have a family member who lives in Cleveland ISD and her kids go to school there. I also have a friend who is in law enforcement over there and works that area daily. I also know a coach on staff at Cleveland very well. They all confirm what gary has posted.

What gary posted above is all true. The fact is Cleveland only has a 6A enrollment because of this "alien" community that is geographically within the Cleveland ISD boundaries. Cleveland has a 6A enrollment with 4A facilities and 3A football (based on participation numbers and talent). It's a no win situation and will only get worse. Over half of that "alien" community do not benefit the town of Cleveland. It's a terrible situation. My cop friend says it's like a third world country over there and the Mexican Cartel has a big claim to that community. Very sad to say the least.

Let’s keep it real.  If this is the case and the alien takeover exists, (which indicates several Mexican Illegal imagrants), the. You’d think Cleveland Soccer would benifit.  It have not.  🤷🏾‍♂️. And this ‘problem’ with ‘takeover’ is happening all over, not just Cleveland.  And I see those communities towns, and/or cities have not suffered a drop off in football productivity.  I think the admin and coaches are just not creative enough to garner interest in the football program.  They are not catering to the apparent majority crowd.  

Just like the educational system has had to adjust to this.  They’ve hired more bilingual employees and more emphases on ESL classes.  I think football programs can adjust as well.

Just because you have Hispanic kids doesn’t make a soccer program. It’s about participation and many other elements. As far as north shore football in galena park isd Galena Park is a better comparison. Better yet is HISD. Tough being a one legged man in a bit kicking contest 

6 minutes ago, Socrates said:

You can look at all of the data and analyze it however you want. If you don't live in or near this area, you really have no idea. No disrespect to anyone, but this has totally changed just about every facet of life in the Cleveland area, not just CISD.

I don’t live in and I’m not from Cleveland, but I’m always in that Town either passing through or in that area back and forth to my daughter’s college Sam Houston.  I talk to several people there and I think I have a grasp of what’s going on there.  Pretty obvious really.

You have to be really feeling some kind of way for a different reason to not admit that plopping down 2,000 extra students that barely got here and barely know English is affecting the football team there..100% has to be some ulterior motive, some other argument that is being made by proxy with arguing this one, specific topic.

23 minutes ago, gary-us-bonds said:

You have to be really feeling some kind of way for a different reason to not admit that plopping down 2,000 extra students that barely got here and barely know English is affecting the football team there..100% has to be some ulterior motive, some other argument that is being made by proxy with arguing this one, specific topic.

Well, I must say…. I grew up in an area that was majority Hispanic people.  Most of my classmates in elementary school had parents that spoke little to no English and were new arrivals.  So I do feel some kind of way about this, but I actually see this issue as a whole, not just one sided.  But to this specific topic.  I still say if yjr administration finds creative ways to garner the interest of young elementary aged Hispanic kids, then this whole discussion would be a moot point…

1 hour ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

And someone mentioned North Shore.  Y’all do know their demographic makeup is overwhelmingly Latino.  But apparently, the football program is fine…. 🤷🏾‍♂️🤷🏾‍♂️

And to also touch up on this, a few years ago, North Shore’s best player was Hispanic…