Little Cypress-Mauriceville (7) @ Hamshire-Fannett (13) - FINAL

1 minute ago, bullets13 said:

Heck yeah! Figured the weather would even this one out some.  Glad HF found a way to get it done at the end, and LCM has to feel pretty good about their performance considering what is expected from the horns this year 

Way too many penalties for lcm. I bet we had 6 holding penalties.

8 hours ago, bullets13 said:

Heck yeah! Figured the weather would even this one out some.  Glad HF found a way to get it done at the end, and LCM has to feel pretty good about their performance considering what is expected from the horns this year 

LCM will not feel good about giving it up or their decisions in the last minute or two.

Some observations from me standing on the sidelines last night.

Both teams had key personnel playing both ways. HF had WR Pirtle and WR Starns playing Strong Safety and Linebacker (Starns playing defense is a first). LC-M had their QB #0 playing Safety but more importantly had their starting RB Fuller playing inside LB. Having those offensive guys playing key defensive positions is a tell that both teams defense needs help. HF lost 8 starters from that side of the ball so early on having some key guys play both ways is probably necessary.

Peevey did exactly what I thought he would do and that was play "keep away" when he was on offense. They ran the ball majority of the time (I think that is their strength and early on will be HF defense weakness) and ran the play clock down on every snap. LC-M tried to limit HF offensive possessions as much as possible. Best defense was keeping HF's potent offense on the sidelines.

Conditions were not good. Rain and muddy field limited passing game and somewhat the run game. HF was able to complete some passes but it was mostly from HF QB Braxton biding time with his legs and the secondary finally breaking coverage, QB is much more mobile this year than last but I will like to see how he plays against a much quicker and faster defense. He alluded some sacks but LC-M was not very fast on defense. A quicker defense probably gets at least 4 sacks last night, some with large yardage losses.

Both teams struggled with the conditions. Will like to see these two later in the year under better conditions to see what each team can really do.

20 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Both teams had key personnel playing both ways. HF had WR Pirtle and WR Starns playing Strong Safety and Linebacker (Starns playing defense is a first). LC-M had their QB #0 playing Safety but more importantly had their starting RB Winters playing inside LB. Having those offensive guys playing key defensive positions is a tell that both teams defense needs help. HF lost 8 starters from that side of the ball so early on having some key guys play both ways is probably necessary.

Peevey did exactly what I thought he would do and that was play "keep away" when he was on offense. They ran the ball majority of the time (I think that is their strength and early on will be HF defense weakness) and ran the play clock down on every snap. LC-M tried to limit HF offensive possessions as much as possible. Best defense was keeping HF's potent offense on the sidelines.

Conditions were not good. Rain and muddy field limited passing game and somewhat the run game. HF was able to complete some passes but it was mostly from HF QB Braxton biding time with his legs and the secondary finally breaking coverage, QB is much more mobile this year than last but I will like to see how he plays against a much quicker and faster defense. He alluded some sacks but LC-M was not very fast on defense. A quicker defense probably gets at least 4 sacks last night, some with large yardage losses.

Both teams struggled with the conditions. Will like to see these two later in the year under better conditions to see what each team can really do.

With this post and watching Silsbee last night. Ill pick Silsbee next week to win

49 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Both teams had key personnel playing both ways. HF had WR Pirtle and WR Starns playing Strong Safety and Linebacker (Starns playing defense is a first). LC-M had their QB #0 playing Safety but more importantly had their starting RB Winters playing inside LB. 

Starting RB for LCM is Jonah Fuller was going both ways.  #22

Curious what your thoughts on the QB situation is?   Senior #5 or junior #0?   Also wondering if you felt the refs were one sided towards the home team?  Specifically the two huge missed PI’s on crucial downs, goal line.  

14 minutes ago, BEAR4LIFE said:

Starting RB for LCM is Jonah Fuller was going both ways.  #22

Curious what your thoughts on the QB situation is?   Senior #5 or junior #0?   Also wondering if you felt the refs were one sided towards the home team?  Specifically the two huge missed PI’s on crucial downs, goal line.  

Mentioned it several times. 5 or 6 critical holding penalties didn't do them any favors neither 

Just now, BEAR4LIFE said:

Starting RB for LCM is Jonah Fuller.  #22

Curious what your thoughts on the QB situation is?   Senior #5 or junior #0?

Correct. Fuller. Don't know where I got Winters.

I thought #5 (believe that is Worster) was the better passer. Both ran the ball decently but #0 has more speed and quickness but maybe not the durability and tough running that #5 brings. 

4 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Correct. Fuller. Don't know where I got Winters.

I thought #5 (believe that is Worster) was the better passer. Both ran the ball decently but #0 has more speed and quickness but maybe not the durability and tough running that #5 brings. 

Listening to game lcm had more incomplete passes than receptions.

As for the officiating? I saw two that should not have been called and one that should have.

I didn't see the holding on the long run by Fuller that set up LC-M at the 10 in the first Q. Flagged looked like it was behind the play and did not effect the play.

One of the PI's should have been called. Not sure about the other.

Those no calls or calls did not determine winner, IMO.