Tax Cuts Will Spur Economic Growth!

Reagan

5 minutes ago, Reagan said:

No, what he was saying was that this tax system is not good for freedom loving people.  

Neither is 36 Trillion dollars of debt… and y’all are clamoring for the guy who saddled us with more than 43 of 46 Presidents. 

You can’t be a “cut taxes, but we still want our handouts” kind of stupid. 

Or you shouldn’t be. 

1 minute ago, LumRaiderFan said:

If everyone paid their fair share, my taxes would be much lower.

Why do you hate rich folks so much, lol.

I don’t hate rich people.. I just can’t stand the ones who brag about paying no taxes while the rest of us have no choice. 

And y’all send that dude money to help him get re-elected. Your hero, I guess. 

11 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

Neither is 36 Trillion dollars of debt… and y’all are clamoring for the guy who saddled us with more than 43 of 46 Presidents. 

Or you shouldn’t be. 

You must have me confused with some one who wants hand outs.  I'm for cutting taxes and cutting spending.  There's so much waste in the government that is unreal.  BTW, Reagan cut taxes and nearly doubled the amount coming into the Treasury.  They saw all this money coming in and had their usual spending spree.  Put the point is:  the amount of money that came into the Treasury.  That's a fact!  But, true, we need to get spending under control.. i have heard that when Trump wins, he'll as Elon Musk to be in charge of government efficiency.  He cut 80% of Twitter and is running just fine.  

26 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

I don’t hate rich people.. I just can’t stand the ones who brag about paying no taxes while the rest of us have no choice. 

And y’all send that dude money to help him get re-elected. Your hero, I guess. 

I'm sure he's the first rich guy to take advantage of the flawed tax code, and no money ever sent from me to any candidate.

I would take advantage of every legal loophole also.

34 minutes ago, Big girl said:

I don't mind helping the poor,  that is why I like a progressive tax system. In my line of work, I help the poor find resources that will help them ;such as, rental assistance, shelter, making sure they don't have to pay for medication, helping them obtain medical supplies and DME, and assisting their doctors in prescribing free private duty nursing if the child is really sick. I see how hard it is for them

You get paid to do that.

James 1:22-23

22 Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says.
23 Anyone who listens to the word but does not do what it says is like someone who looks at his face in a mirror

31 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

Or you shouldn’t be. 

I'm not clamoring for anyone, left with two choices (one of whom you voted for every chance you got), it's as simple as that.

Not sure where your handout comment comes from, none taken here.

5 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

We have that. The kid working at the grocery store for minimum wage pays the exact same rate (10%) that I do on the $11,000 dollars of taxable income that he makes.  As I continued to earn more money, it’s taxed at a higher rate. And that’s morally and ethically right. To whom much is given, much is required. 

Rich guys like Steve Forbes preached for a flat tax… being “simpler and more fair” and simple minded poor people were like “yeah! That makes sense!”

If you have a single person making 25k a year now, after exemptions they pay practically nothing… they have the entire $25k to spend as they want-and it’s barely enough to survive. On the other hand you have a rich guy making 400k a year and paying roughly $120k in taxes at the current effective rate. So we institute your “fair” flat tax of 15%.  

The first guy making $25k has to carve $3250 out of his already miserable budget- and the guy making $400k gets to hang onto an extra $60k to take a few more vacations. 

Sound fair to you?

I hate to say it.. and I know it’s gonna be controversial. But you arguing with these people is a perfect case study on why a lot of poor people stay poor. They just are not smart people. They are stuck in a crabs in a bucket mentality. 

They say we complain about how much wealthy people pay in taxes, meanwhile they’re worried about a dude living in section 8 housing who gets an extra crab leg for dinner. They wanna trade lives and finances? I certainly don’t. But to each their own. 

32 minutes ago, Reagan said:

You must have me confused with some one who wants hand outs.  I'm for cutting taxes and cutting spending.  There's so much waste in the government that is unreal.  BTW, Reagan cut taxes and nearly doubled the amount coming into the Treasury.  They saw all this money coming in and had their usual spending spree.  Put the point is:  the amount of money that came into the Treasury.  That's a fact!  But, true, we need to get spending under control.. i have heard that when Trump wins, he'll as Elon Musk to be in charge of government efficiency.  He cut 80% of Twitter and is running just fine.  

This is the hidden content, please

Musk destroyed Twitter, losing billions of his own dollars and the fortunes of his poor investors.  It's not the success story you think it is.  

3 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

Good talk, lol, apparently you don't want debate.

Ok, I'll address your previous post. 

34 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

I'm sure he's the first rich guy to take advantage of the flawed tax code, and no money ever sent from me to any candidate.

I would take advantage of every legal loophole also.

No, but he's the first rich guy who ever boasted about paying no income taxes and that it made him "smart," then ran for President (while refusing to disclose his tax returns) and then gave big fat tax cuts to his rich friends who couldn't get out of paying taxes like he did.  Mix in a tsunami of deficit spending, and it really makes one wonder why he has the undying support of so-called "conservatives."  He did more to ruin our kids' and grandkids' futures with his tax cuts and spending.... and y'all want more of the same.  It's baffling. 

But like I said... if it were up to you, poor people would pay more, rich people would pay less, and the Chinese can just take it up with our grandkids.  How very boomer of you. It's the same selfish behavior that destroyed America and her future.  

2 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

Ok, I'll address your previous post. 

No, but he's the first rich guy who ever boasted about paying no income taxes and that it made him "smart," then ran for President (while refusing to disclose his tax returns) and then gave big fat tax cuts to his rich friends who couldn't get out of paying taxes like he did.  Mix in a tsunami of deficit spending, and it really makes one wonder why he has the undying support of so-called "conservatives."  He did more to ruin our kids' and grandkids' futures with his tax cuts and spending.... and y'all want more of the same.  It's baffling. 

But like I said... if it were up to you, poor people would pay more, rich people would pay less, and the Chinese can just take it up with our grandkids.  How very boomer of you. It's the same selfish behavior that destroyed America and her future.  

lol, the sky is falling and it's all Trump's fault.

Sorry if I don't get all lathered up about something that has already happened as you do.

You should vote for Trump in November, him winning is the best way to get rid of him in four years and then we can hope for the democrat utopia you've been unsuccessfully selling.

19 hours ago, Big girl said:

I don't understand why people don't get it. You make more, you pay more. Why punish someone just because they are poor.

Because they are poor. The defenseless can’t punish back. Jesus placed high priority on the poor. He also said that the poor would always be with us. Quite the conundrum for our                  “Christian” nation, eh?

1 minute ago, SmashMouth said:

You didn't answer my question.

Oh, sorry... I won't vote Harris, and I'm fairly certain I won't vote Trump, either.  

Honestly, though... I never thought I'd see a time where the Democrat plan would add less to the debt than the Republican plan.  From Fox Business.

CNBC wasn't as nice to Trump.

And I'd say "oh, it's just the media lying again," but deficits and the debt EXPLODED under Trump last time.... even pre-pandemic.  You can hate the messenger, but it won't change the facts.  Trump's plans are terrible for our future.  

59 minutes ago, UT alum said:

Because they are poor. The defenseless can’t punish back. Jesus placed high priority on the poor. He also said that the poor would always be with us. Quite the conundrum for our                  “Christian” nation, eh?

Jesus also placed high priority on the unborn.

1 minute ago, LumRaiderFan said:

Jesus also placed high priority on the unborn.

Funny how people who tend to quote the Bible to prop their argument, haven’t spent one day trying to live their lives through it. I’m not the most religious person and I’m a sinner, but these types are so hypocritical.

3 minutes ago, baddog said:

Funny how people who tend to quote the Bible to prop their argument, haven’t spent one day trying to live their lives through it. I’m not the most religious person and I’m a sinner, but these types are so hypocritical.

I wasn’t using the Bible to prop up anything. If you don’t find the contradiction ironic, counter it. You can’t. You’re a stone thrower. I try to live by the new commandments that came with fulfillment of the law.