PNG @ United

Who wins?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Port Neches-Groves
    • Bmt United

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/07/2024 at 12:00 AM

2 hours ago, PN-G bamatex said:

If memory serves, PN-G returned 15 of last year’s 22 starters.

As @Rez pointed out, we have some things to fix coming out of the Klein Oak game. Provided we fix those things, PN-G 17. If we don’t, PN-G by 7.

I suspect United is a better team than in years past, and is also better than Klein Oak.

Is the RB back?

Bellaire is horrible. Even a mediocre team should beat them by 50. The fact that United struggled with them at all is not very encouraging.  Goose Creek Memorial beat Bellaire by 20 last year and that was the second game of the season. After that they lost to everyone else on the schedule by 30 or more.

It may not end up being a 50 point win for PNG bit it would be because they go ultra conservative and put in all backups in the second half. PNG will be up by 35-40 at the half.

2 hours ago, gary-us-bonds said:

Bellaire is horrible. Even a mediocre team should beat them by 50. The fact that United struggled with them at all is not very encouraging.  Goose Creek Memorial beat Bellaire by 20 last year and that was the second game of the season. After that they lost to everyone else on the schedule by 30 or more.

It may not end up being a 50 point win for PNG bit it would be because they go ultra conservative and put in all backups in the second half. PNG will be up by 35-40 at the half.

BU was leading 20-7 at the half.  Immediately after halftime BU scored again going up 26-7.  At that point, BU went conservative on play calls and subbed out a lot of starters.  In my opinion, they did that way too early and Bellaire got a little confidence going against the backups, scoring 2 late touchdowns.  Not saying BU will win the game but I'm hoping for a better showing than what took place last year.  

34 minutes ago, navydawg31 said:

I can’t believe no one has talked about the atmosphere PNG is going to bring Friday night at the Butch! I’m sure that’s worth something right?! 😂😂

How much physical speed does United have this year?! Can’t forget about this one too! 

Exactly - Glad someone brought up the important issues. 

PNG’s rolling out one of their favorite atmospheres. We call it: “Everyone wear purple and bring more fans than the home team.” 

And, by all reports BU has physical speed in abundance. We’ll know by game time whether they have the seven other kinds of speed (Recognized in the “Dictionary of Speed” as emotional, spiritual, mental, astrological, nuclear, cellular, and amphetamine). 

6 minutes ago, Alpha Wolf said:

It's looking like I won't be able to make this game.  Does anyone know if BISD will have it's youtube viewing of the game or will it be carried on Texan Live?

PNG will have a broadcast for free on YouTube. Search “NDN Press.” I don’t see the game on the TexanLive “upcoming” list. 

57 minutes ago, navydawg31 said:

I can’t believe no one has talked about the atmosphere PNG is going to bring Friday night at the Butch! I’m sure that’s worth something right?! 😂😂

How much physical speed does United have this year?! Can’t forget about this one too! 

😂😂😂😂😂💀💀💀💀💀. This literally just took me out!  

23 minutes ago, Rez said:

Exactly - Glad someone brought up the important issues. 

PNG’s rolling out one of their favorite atmospheres. We call it: “Everyone wear purple and bring more fans than the home team.” 

And, by all reports BU has physical speed in abundance. We’ll know by game time whether they have the seven other kinds of speed (Recognized in the “Dictionary of Speed” as emotional, spiritual, mental, astrological, nuclear, cellular, and amphetamine). 

Man!  😂😂😂

59 minutes ago, navydawg31 said:

I wonder if PNG is holding closed practices this week?