Silsbee Tigers @ LCM

I think Johnson and Miller can be all district WRs for Silsbee. Johnson is about 6'2 about 190lbs. Jaden Miller made 5'9 or so but can run some solid routes. Id like to see Gaines vs Farr in the back field. Farr can be an Allstate LB and Gaines maybe an Allstae DB. I wonder if we have any RBs on JV who can really play to move up. Hate to see those 2 starting both ways. 

28 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

I think Johnson and Miller can be all district WRs for Silsbee. Johnson is about 6'2 about 190lbs. Jaden Miller made 5'9 or so but can run some solid routes. Id like to see Gaines vs Farr in the back field. Farr can be an Allstate LB and Gaines maybe an Allstae DB. I wonder if we have any RBs on JV who can really play to move up. Hate to see those 2 starting both ways. 

I thought I heard they have a freshman running back on varsity

33 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

I think Johnson and Miller can be all district WRs for Silsbee. Johnson is about 6'2 about 190lbs. Jaden Miller made 5'9 or so but can run some solid routes. Id like to see Gaines vs Farr in the back field. Farr can be an Allstate LB and Gaines maybe an Allstae DB. I wonder if we have any RBs on JV who can really play to move up. Hate to see those 2 starting both ways

Two of the toughest positions to play both ways is RB and Inside LB. That is what Farr is trying to do.

We do need a 3rd RB to emerge to help out. IMO, Farr is too important on the defensive side. Need him more there than on offense.

I think Gaines can manage both being we have more players to help in the secondary.

I’ll take Silsbee by a couple touchdowns.  HF’s passing game was hampered by the weather.  Shouldn’t be a problem for Silsbee Friday.  HF had I think 3 empty trips in the red zone the other night, including a wide open drop in the endzone.  You never know for sure, but considering HF moved the ball fairly well in the muck and rain most of the game, I think Silsbee will be able to in better conditions.  

10 hours ago, BADSANTA said:

was told ,there is couple freshman, that are good, but not mentally ready for varsity, mayb later in the year? I'm just guessing here, but they will limit the Def reps for Farr, to help him b stronger at running back. The issue is, they throw the ball a lot, and Farr is much better pass blocker than Gaines, the running back is key in pass protection. Gaines is really good on Defense also, especially when they start playing spread teams.  

26 minutes ago, old guy 71 said:

was told ,there is couple freshman, that are good, but not mentally ready for varsity, mayb later in the year? I'm just guessing here, but they will limit the Def reps for Farr, to help him b stronger at running back. The issue is, they throw the ball a lot, and Farr is much better pass blocker than Gaines, the running back is key in pass protection. Gaines is really good on Defense also, especially when they start playing spread teams.  

Yes he is. I thought last season with Gaines, Baltrip, Miller, and Bottley that was the best secondary we've had since 2018 with Taylor, White, and Turk. 

1 hour ago, BADSANTA said:

Yes he is. I thought last season with Gaines, Baltrip, Miller, and Bottley that was the best secondary we've had since 2018 with Taylor, White, and Turk. 

2018 was White, Turk, Sells, Scoggins and Davis. Taylor played only a handful of times that year in the secondary. 2019 Taylor played a lot more in the secondary. 

44 minutes ago, BBfan061 said:

I may be missing something… I just don’t see a blowout here… I picked LCM but I wouldn’t be surprised one bit if Silsbee wins 

On paper LCM should win. They have alot of seniors and BIG Oline that everyone talks about. I think Silsbee is more of an athletic team even though they are younger. It should be a good game and i only predicted it by 14 points thats not a blow out. 

2 minutes ago, LCMAlumtiger32 said:

On paper LCM should win. They have alot of seniors and BIG Oline that everyone talks about. I think Silsbee is more of an athletic team even though they are younger. It should be a good game and i only predicted it by 14 points thats not a blow out. 

I know I was referring to the 30+ prediction 

13 hours ago, Billyjohn said:

Anymore on the QB situation for lcm? It’s not looking good for the bears. Going into week 2 still not having a starting quarterback 

Coaches still pushing the dual QB non-sense.  Senior played the majority of the game Friday in the mud bowl, was successful vs PNG and OF, but still has to play the backup role.  smh   Who knows at this point with these jokers.   

30 minutes ago, BEAR4LIFE said:

Coaches still pushing the dual QB non-sense.  Senior played the majority of the game Friday in the mud bowl, was successful vs PNG and OF, but still has to play the backup role.  smh   Who knows at this point with these jokers.   

Very clearly something going on past just the field there we may not know about. And probably none of our business to talk about on here. Just a guess, all I've seen is play and by the play 1 option seems more clear than the other... so something probably different we can't see.