Silsbee Tigers @ LCM

12 minutes ago, setxathlete14 said:

Very clearly something going on past just the field there we may not know about. And probably none of our business to talk about on here. Just a guess, all I've seen is play and by the play 1 option seems more clear than the other... so something probably different we can't see.

You going to the game friday. Im ready to see how LCM looks

10 minutes ago, setxathlete14 said:

Very clearly something going on past just the field there we may not know about. And probably none of our business to talk about on here. Just a guess, all I've seen is play and by the play 1 option seems more clear than the other... so something probably different we can't see.

One of the things I noticed last Friday was #0 played safety as well as QB where I don't recall seeing #5 play any defense.

In that game, I thought #5 played just a little better than #0 at QB.

21 minutes ago, setxathlete14 said:

I can tell you with 100% certainty, that has nothing to do with it.  Both kids are great students, and both were 100% committed over the summer in workout programs and attendance(I've talked about this before).  Neither are trouble makers, and come from good families.  They are in love with the junior, but his performance hasn't been living up to the hype in both scrimmages and 1st game.      

3 minutes ago, BEAR4LIFE said:

I can tell you with 100% certainty, that has nothing to do with it.  Both kids are great students, and both were 100% committed over the summer in workout programs and attendance(I've talked about this before).  Neither are trouble makers, and come from good families.  They are in love with the junior, but his performance hasn't been living up to the hype in both scrimmages and 1st game.      

Definitely trouble in Bear Country!... Definitely!

This might be the only winnable game for Tigers till second district game. They get Nederland next, and their the next 5A div2 state champions, then West Brook, and who knows there, loaded with numbers, then Hitchcock , next 3A div1 state champion, then H F, the predicted District Champion. Dont be easy

28 minutes ago, old guy 71 said:

This might be the only winnable game for Tigers till second district game. They get Nederland next, and their the next 5A div2 state champions, then West Brook, and who knows there, loaded with numbers, then Hitchcock , next 3A div1 state champion, then H F, the predicted District Champion. Dont be easy

Hitchcock may not even win their district 🤷🏻‍♂️

3 hours ago, setxathlete14 said:

Don't tell me, show me

Smith has a 69% win rate.   Peevey has a 66.7% win rate.  Smith has had over 10 wins 3 times.  Peevey has had over 10 wins 2 times.  It's my personal opinion that the LCM coach is over hyped.  But, that's not letting the Silsbee coach off the hook.  I had them penciled in to win State in 2022 but that didn't happen.  So, I'm not as high on the Silsbee coach as I once was.  But, between the two, Smith gets the nod!

5 minutes ago, Reagan said:

Smith has a 69% win rate.   Peevey has a 66.7% win rate.  Smith has had over 10 wins 3 times.  Peevey has had over 10 wins 2 times.  It's my personal opinion that the LCM coach is over hyped.  But, that's not letting the Silsbee coach off the hook.  I had them penciled in to win State in 2022 but that didn't happen.  So, I'm not as high on the Silsbee coach as I once was.  But, between the two, Smith gets the nod!

Close enough. Thanks for the data... though I wished lcm has the athletes silsbee has.

6 hours ago, old guy 71 said:

None of those teams won state in football. I have Silsbee over LCM. Toss up vs Nederland and Silsbee beating Westbrook and Hitchcock. I think the Tigers can roll into district 3-2 at worst. I see them going 3-2 in district as well. 6-4 regular season going 2 rounds deep. 

6 hours ago, old guy 71 said:

Nederland is not winning 5A DII state championship this year. Hitchcock is not winning 3A DI state championship this year. I am willing to wager a large sum if you care to bet.

Now, this doesn't mean that Silsbee will not lose to those teams, but pump the brakes on the state championship talk.

8 minutes ago, Billyjohn said:

It’s always been known that Lcm never has had as good of athletes as competitor schools. Silsbee has more athletic kids without a doubt despite the young team. IMO if LCM pulls this off it goes to show who the better coached team is.

So do you think Wagoneer is better than Peevy? Because i believe he is.