Silsbee Tigers @ LCM

14 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Nederland is not winning 5A DII state championship this year. Hitchcock is not winning 3A DI state championship this year. I am willing to wager a large sum if you care to bet.

Now, this doesn't mean that Silsbee will not lose to those teams, but pump the brakes on the state championship talk.

Just having a little fun here with the State trips ,by kicking the Dog. PNG is the boss for now I'm afraid, and I dont have a clue about Hitchcock. LOL 

19 hours ago, setxathlete14 said:

Close enough. Thanks for the data... though I wished lcm has the athletes silsbee has.

I'd have to look up LCM, but I dont think Silsbee demographics are much different than LCM, HF, or even HJ. Silsbee in the last few years has done a pretty good job of getting skill kids to stay in the program, but  they still have a few that go straight basketball. This day and age, as close as all these schools are to one another, it would be real easy to loose athletes to other schools, if you didnt sell them on your program. Silsbee doesn't have the athletes Jasper and WOS have. A big part of their students come from Caney Head, and that ought to tell you something.

1 minute ago, old guy 71 said:

I'd have to look up LCM, but I dont think Silsbee demographics are much different than LCM, HF, or even HJ. Silsbee in the last few years has done a pretty good job of getting skill kids to stay in the program, but  they still have a few that go straight basketball. This day and age, as close as all these schools are to one another, it would be real easy to loose athletes to other schools, if you didnt sell them on your program. Silsbee doesn't have the athletes Jasper and WOS have. A big part of their students come from Caney Head, and that ought to tell you something.

Whats wrong with caney head?

15 minutes ago, old guy 71 said:

You don't have to look it up. Silsbee has better athletes no question about it. Year in year out.

8 minutes ago, Right99JOH said:

I think wagonner and smith by a nudge over peevy 

I know you’re a vidor guy. Are you happy with the slot t? I watch the silsbee and vidor game and yall running the ball 14 points down with a few minutes left It just doesn't look logical to me. Im not anti slot t but i am going to start throwing the ball some lol

23 minutes ago, LCMAlumtiger32 said:

I know you’re a vidor guy. Are you happy with the slot t? I watch the silsbee and vidor game and yall running the ball 14 points down with a few minutes left It just doesn't look logical to me. Im not anti slot t but i am going to start throwing the ball some lol

I don't mind the slot-t when its ran with the right personnel.  The past few years Vidor has not had the right personnel to run it effectively. 

The QB Vidor has had the past 2 years is a 4 year starter on the baseball team with a D1 baseball scholarship.  The kid is an athlete.  Let him get outside of the pocket and make a couple easy throws or pull it down and run.

1 hour ago, old guy 71 said:

I would say Silsbee has better athletes than Jasper and West Orange Stark overall. 

14 minutes ago, Right99JOH said:

I don't mind the slot-t when its ran with the right personnel.  The past few years Vidor has not had the right personnel to run it effectively. 

The QB Vidor has had the past 2 years is a 4 year starter on the baseball team with a D1 baseball scholarship.  The kid is an athlete.  Let him get outside of the pocket and make a couple easy throws or pull it down and run.

I agree. I feel like  Vidor is running the slot t because thats how we have always done it mentality for the  last 30 years and we cant run any other formation. I think if they would change things up to more of a multiple style offense  i think they would be better. The full back imo was  good and he will keep y'all in alot of games. 

3 minutes ago, LCMAlumtiger32 said:

I agree. I feel like  Vidor is running the slot t because thats how we have always done it mentality for the  last 30 years and we cant run any other formation. I think if they would change things up to more of a multiple style offense  i think they would be better. The full back imo was  good and he will keep y'all in alot of games. 

When I was in school we ran the option (HC was not Mathews) and was fairly successful. Lined up with multiple WRs, i-formation, shotgun. QB threw for over a thousand yards! A couple few years after I graduated, they still ran some form of the option (Mathews was the HC) ... then all the sudden Vidor has ZERO capability to throw and catch.... We must run it every down!

Vidors current freshmen class is one of the most talented group of athletes to come thru Vidor in a long and I'm not talking about 1 or 2 players.  They have roster full of talent and the rumor is that the skilled athletes may all be looking to change schools. 

50 minutes ago, Right99JOH said:

When I was in school we ran the option (HC was not Mathews) and was fairly successful. Lined up with multiple WRs, i-formation, shotgun. QB threw for over a thousand yards! A couple few years after I graduated, they still ran some form of the option (Mathews was the HC) ... then all the sudden Vidor has ZERO capability to throw and catch.... We must run it every down!

Vidors current freshmen class is one of the most talented group of athletes to come thru Vidor in a long and I'm not talking about 1 or 2 players.  They have roster full of talent and the rumor is that the skilled athletes may all be looking to change schools. 

I remember Mathews said they had the smallest enrollment in 5A and the slot-T would offset the numbers advantage somewhat.  Dropped down to 4A where they are the largest school in district and still run this offense. BC, LCM & Lumberton have done proved that teams with the same athletes can run something other than the slot-T but Vidors still doing it. Mathews 117-124 gets to appoint his replacement  ,an old school chum DuBois which is only there to build up his retirement. VISD Superintendent  Jay Kilgo lacks backbone or he wouldn't let Mathews make his choices for him. The program over there is being held hostage by the slot-T and the former coach

3 minutes ago, Mr. Thornton Melon said:

I remember Mathews said they had the smallest enrollment in 5A and the slot-T would offset the numbers advantage somewhat.  Dropped down to 4A where they are the largest school in district and still run this offense. BC, LCM & Lumberton have done proved that teams with the same athletes can run something other than the slot-T but Vidors still doing it. Mathews 117-124 gets to appoint his replacement  ,an old school chum DuBois which is only there to build up his retirement. VISD Superintendent  Jay Kilgo lacks backbone or he wouldn't let Mathews make his choices for him. The program over there is being held hostage by the slot-T and the former coach

IMO numbers have nothing to do with the offense or defense you run.  Vidor could line up against 2A schools and get beat and I'm sure there is a 5A team out there that Vidor could beat. 

Kilgo could careless about Vidor athletics but that is fine cause DuBois will not be there much longer and I sort of doubt Mathews is coming back.

Also, IMO you can run a somewhat spread offense with just about any group of kids.  All you have to do is tailor the offense or defense to their strengths BUT you'll never know what their capable of if you don't give them a chance.

3 hours ago, LCMAlumtiger32 said:

Waggoner is 43-26 at HF

Overall he's 185-115 4 state championships

Did I miss something?

MARK WAGGONER
6 years; 42-26-0; 5-0-0
---HC, Waco Reicher 20 years---
2018  Hamshire-Fannett      5-6-0 F
2019  Hamshire-Fannett      7-4-0 T
2020  Hamshire-Fannett      3-6-0
2021  Hamshire-Fannett      8-4-0 R
2022  Hamshire-Fannett      9-4-0 T
2023  Hamshire-Fannett    10-2-0 R

17 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

Did I miss something?

MARK WAGGONER
6 years; 42-26-0; 5-0-0

I believe he won some at a Private school.

31 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

Did I miss something?

MARK WAGGONER
6 years; 42-26-0; 5-0-0

He had 4 state championships in Tapps. 

47 minutes ago, Mr. Thornton Melon said:

I have to agree with you. That last drive with handing the ball to fullback there was no urgency on trying to win the game. I feel like they run the slot t to run the clock out and say he look we held them under 30 points.