Silsbee Tigers @ LCM

On 9/2/2024 at 9:01 PM, LCMAlumtiger32 said:

I thought I heard they have a freshman running back on varsity

They do.  Hasn't played the position on Varsity but has that taste for the contact as a back.

We will see if he gets some touches but played some on defense last game.

15 hours ago, LCMAlumtiger32 said:

I have to agree with you. That last drive with handing the ball to fullback there was no urgency on trying to win the game. I feel like they run the slot t to run the clock out and say he look we held them under 30 points. 

Go watch a Vidor practice and then you'll understand why.... the only passes thrown at practice is by a coach to the DBs.

19 hours ago, Right99JOH said:

When I was in school we ran the option (HC was not Mathews) and was fairly successful. Lined up with multiple WRs, i-formation, shotgun. QB threw for over a thousand yards! A couple few years after I graduated, they still ran some form of the option (Mathews was the HC) ... then all the sudden Vidor has ZERO capability to throw and catch.... We must run it every down!

Vidors current freshmen class is one of the most talented group of athletes to come thru Vidor in a long and I'm not talking about 1 or 2 players.  They have roster full of talent and the rumor is that the skilled athletes may all be looking to change schools. 

Is the Vidor Freshman class the one that the dads got together and held their kids back for a redshirt year? Last year In Junior High they were a lot of kids who were freshman playing 8th grade football? 

come talk to me when they all get to varsity and run that oopty oop offense and get bounced in the first round as usual. 

1 hour ago, BLUE_LEFT_LEFT_ONE_ELEVEN said:

Is the Vidor Freshman class the one that the dads got together and held their kids back for a redshirt year? Last year In Junior High they were a lot of kids who were freshman playing 8th grade football? 

come talk to me when they all get to varsity and run that oopty oop offense and get bounced in the first round as usual. 

To my recollection none of those kiddos were help back.

And no, I'll not come talk to you lol... weird 

1 hour ago, Billyjohn said:

Weather will play a factor in this one, who do y’all think can run the ball better ?

weather played a factor last week and LCM scored 7 points against a defense you said was "poor", and that was "going to get tossed around by LCM's offensive line".  I didn't realize it, but was told HF's primary back sat out the first half from a suspension in the playoffs last year. he only played two quarters and finished the game with 102 yds of offense and two TDs, despite the poor conditions.  I think Silsbee will be moving the ball fine, on the ground AND through the air, and the LCM o-line better pick it up as well.  That wet turf isn't going to slow the game down for y'all like the mud did for you last week at HF.

4 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

weather played a factor last week and LCM scored 7 points against a defense you said was "poor", and that was "going to get tossed around by LCM's offensive line".  HF's primary back sat out the first half and finished the game with almost 100 yds of offense, despite the poor conditions.  I think Silsbee will be moving the ball fine, on the ground AND through the air, and the LCM o-line better pick it up as well.  That wet turf isn't going to slow the game down for y'all like the mud did for you last week at HF.

LCM probably wished they didnt have turf this week. 

1 minute ago, setxathlete14 said:

Nah they're offensive line will "throw them around"  🤣🤣🤣They scheduled this game with every intention of being as challenging as possible and some forget that.

much credit for that.  there won't be many (if any) challenges in district.  at least they're playing some real opponents early.  may pay some dividends in the playoffs.

2 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

much credit for that.  there won't be many (if any) challenges in district.  at least they're playing some real opponents early.  may pay some dividends in the playoffs.

I'm curious to see how it plays out... BC looks really good but doing the polar opposite. Confidence building vs challenging

2 minutes ago, setxathlete14 said:

I'm curious to see how it plays out... BC looks really good but doing the polar opposite. Confidence building vs challenging

i think LCM beats BC comfortably this year, but it's tough to judge when they've scheduled so differently pre-district.  I'm curious to see what Kirbyville does against BC tonight.  I made what may be an ill-advised upset pick and took Kville in the pickems.

4 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

i think LCM beats BC comfortably this year, but it's tough to judge when they've scheduled so differently pre-district.  I'm curious to see what Kirbyville does against BC tonight.  I made what may be an ill-advised upset pick and took Kville in the pickems.

I know nothing about KV but the few I've talked to that do... should be another one sided high scoring game.. lol

28 minutes ago, setxathlete14 said:

I saw the scrimmage from silsbee and BC. Bridge City defense was not to impressive. There oline did not protect the qb well. The qb did throw the ball well and they had one good receiver. 

1 hour ago, setxathlete14 said:

Nah they're offensive line will "throw them around"  🤣🤣🤣They scheduled this game with every intention of being as challenging as possible and some forget that.

You forget that 22 averaged 7 yards per carry last game. What do you think that’s from?

2 minutes ago, setxathlete14 said:

Yeah. It's funny. In my time, Mville used to whoop LC so bad in middle school sports they quit making us play. Creating minor rivalries heading into HS...

That didnt happen in the 90’s. little cypress would wear mauriceville out. Most kids from mauriceville were big and slow. You probably had sonnier and hunter on your team.