West Brook @ Lumberton

• AggiesAreWe changed the title to West Brook @ Lumberton
1 hour ago, Separation Scientist said:

Yet a number of people still insist on calling Doggett Stadium the Butch. Do you ever offer corrections for that?    

Name was just changed to that a few months ago.  So I’m sure it’s not a number of people that call it that.  Heck, most of the fans I know don’t even know that it was changed to Doggett…. 

1 hour ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Name was just changed to that a few months ago.  So I’m sure it’s not a number of people that call it that.  Heck, most of the fans I know don’t even know that it was changed to Doggett…. 

Heck…. i’m still trying to get used to X 

1 hour ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

You knew but they don't know? Do your fans ever drive down I-10? Doggett does have three car dealerships in Beaumont BTW. 

It will be interesting to see if you correct people in the future since you for example, care about the West Brook name accuracy.   

3 hours ago, Separation Scientist said:

Yet a number of people still insist on calling Doggett Stadium the Butch. Do you ever offer corrections for that?    

To certain segments of the population, it will always be the Butch✊🏿.  Also, DC has WB as an underdog #rockbottom

2 hours ago, Separation Scientist said:

You knew but they don't know? Do your fans ever drive down I-10? Doggett does have three car dealerships in Beaumont BTW. 

It will be interesting to see if you correct people in the future since you for example, care about the West Brook name accuracy.   

I would say I care, it just bothers me when people keep getting it wrong.  

19 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I would say I care, it just bothers me when people keep getting it wrong.  

We really don’t care they changed the name it will always be known as “The Butch” maybe generations later it will fade just like everything else the wish would go away. You can’t erase the history just program those that don’t know any difference. 

And that will continue to be wrong.

Its a shame some BISD fans want to diss on Doggett. Doggett is supporting BISD by paying for naming rights. They ought to be appreciated. 

Isn't Butch the one who fled to Belieze to avoid a prison sentence or something?  

I’m almost 1000% positive the Doggett family has some dirt somewhere down the line. It’s just not going to publicize. You know how some people do. The history I’m sure is there. 

And that will continue to be wrong.

Its a shame some BISD fans want to diss on Doggett. Doggett is supporting BISD by paying for naming rights. They ought to be appreciated. 

Isn't Butch the one who fled to Belieze to avoid a prison sentence or something?  

Calling The Butch after Butch Thomas relates to Beaumonts culture.

They dont know any better........