List of Republicans Not Voting for Trump

Bobcat1

It's both fascinating and concerning how many Republicans, including former advisors and Trump appointees, have voiced their opposition to Trump running again. What’s surprising is why more Republicans don’t seem alarmed by this.

Mike Pence - The former VP has made it clear that he will not endorse or vote for Donald Trump in the 2024 election

Liz Cheney – The former congresswoman, known for her staunchly conservative voting record, has been a leading critic of Trump since the January 6th insurrection and has stated she will vote for Kamala Harris.

Mitt Romney – The Utah senator has repeatedly voiced his opposition to Trump, calling him unfit for office.

Adam Kinzinger – Former Illinois congressman and one of the few Republicans who voted to impeach Trump, Kinzinger has been vocal about the need for the party to move beyond Trump.

Pat Toomey – The former Pennsylvania senator announced that he could not support Trump, citing the former president's attempts to overturn the 2020 election results.

John Kasich – The former Ohio governor and 2016 presidential candidate has long been critical of Trump’s influence on the GOP.

Susan Collins – The Maine senator has refused to endorse Trump, distancing herself from his candidacy.

Bill Cassidy – The Louisiana senator, who voted to convict Trump in his second impeachment trial, has said he won't support his 2024 bid.

Larry Hogan – The former governor of Maryland has consistently expressed concerns over Trump’s impact on the Republican Party.

Jeff Flake – A former senator from Arizona, Flake has encouraged Republicans to move on from Trump.

Bob Corker – Former Tennessee senator and frequent Trump critic, Corker believes Trump is a divisive figure within the party.

John Bolton - Former national security adviser to Donald Trump, has made it clear that he will not be voting for Trump in the 2024 election. In a surprising twist, Bolton revealed that in 2020, he wrote in Dick Cheney on his ballot and plans to do so again in 2024. Bolton has expressed deep concerns over Trump’s leadership, calling his 2024 campaign "poison" for the GOP and advocating for alternative conservative leadership

There is more, but I'd love to understand why this doesn't alarm any one planning on voting for Trump in 2024.  

2 hours ago, Bobcat1 said:

It's both fascinating and concerning how many Republicans, including former advisors and Trump appointees, have voiced their opposition to Trump running again. What’s surprising is why more Republicans don’t seem alarmed by this.

Mike Pence - The former VP has made it clear that he will not endorse or vote for Donald Trump in the 2024 election

Liz Cheney – The former congresswoman, known for her staunchly conservative voting record, has been a leading critic of Trump since the January 6th insurrection and has stated she will vote for Kamala Harris.

Mitt Romney – The Utah senator has repeatedly voiced his opposition to Trump, calling him unfit for office.

Adam Kinzinger – Former Illinois congressman and one of the few Republicans who voted to impeach Trump, Kinzinger has been vocal about the need for the party to move beyond Trump.

Pat Toomey – The former Pennsylvania senator announced that he could not support Trump, citing the former president's attempts to overturn the 2020 election results.

John Kasich – The former Ohio governor and 2016 presidential candidate has long been critical of Trump’s influence on the GOP.

Susan Collins – The Maine senator has refused to endorse Trump, distancing herself from his candidacy.

Bill Cassidy – The Louisiana senator, who voted to convict Trump in his second impeachment trial, has said he won't support his 2024 bid.

Larry Hogan – The former governor of Maryland has consistently expressed concerns over Trump’s impact on the Republican Party.

Jeff Flake – A former senator from Arizona, Flake has encouraged Republicans to move on from Trump.

Bob Corker – Former Tennessee senator and frequent Trump critic, Corker believes Trump is a divisive figure within the party.

John Bolton - Former national security adviser to Donald Trump, has made it clear that he will not be voting for Trump in the 2024 election. In a surprising twist, Bolton revealed that in 2020, he wrote in Dick Cheney on his ballot and plans to do so again in 2024. Bolton has expressed deep concerns over Trump’s leadership, calling his 2024 campaign "poison" for the GOP and advocating for alternative conservative leadership

There is more, but I'd love to understand why this doesn't alarm any one planning on voting for Trump in 2024.  

Good point. I think as many as 40-45 ex staffers and cabinet members have voiced their opposition to his candidacy. Why do you find it surprising that any of his supporters would be alarmed at anything pertaining to him? The true believers see Trump as infallible.

9 hours ago, LumRaiderFan said:

Wow, the swamps not voting for Trump, lol.

I thought Trump drained the swamp and his admin was "swamp free"?  People he appointed are warning American's to NOT vote for him because they know how awful he is.  But now they're Swamp Monsters now that they do not ride the do not ride the Trump Train - Makes sense. 

On 9/5/2024 at 12:47 PM, Bobcat1 said:

@UT alum  @CardinalBacker

2 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

I’d like to take this time to reiterate what I said at least two years ago. 

If trump announces he’s running again in ‘24, the Dems win. 

Period. 

Vote for four years of anger, hate, rage, and deficit spending… vote Trump.  

Isn’t that the same as liberals just in disguise. 

Dick Cheney - Former VP “In our nation’s 248-year history, there has never been an individual who is a greater threat to our republic than Donald Trump,” Cheney said in a statement. “He tried to steal the last election using lies and violence to keep himself in power after the voters had rejected him. He can never be trusted with power again.” “As citizens, we each have a duty to put country above partisanship to defend our Constitution. That is why I will be casting my vote for Vice President Kamala Harris,” he conclude.

14 minutes ago, Bobcat1 said:

Dick Cheney - Former VP “In our nation’s 248-year history, there has never been an individual who is a greater threat to our republic than Donald Trump,” Cheney said in a statement. “He tried to steal the last election using lies and violence to keep himself in power after the voters had rejected him. He can never be trusted with power again.” “As citizens, we each have a duty to put country above partisanship to defend our Constitution. That is why I will be casting my vote for Vice President Kamala Harris,” he conclude.

Cheney should have added that he can’t support a President that won’t have us in several wars simultaneously.

Cheney is the epitome of the swamp so of course, he’s voting for Harris.

1 hour ago, LumRaiderFan said:

Cheney should have added that he can’t support a President that won’t have us in several wars simultaneously.

Cheney is the epitome of the swamp so of course, he’s voting for Harris.

His budget as Sec of Defense says otherwise - He proposed cutting the budget tremendously even when congress appropriated funds for programs, he did not use them and then cut the programs completely. 

He proposed cutting the size of the military from 2.2M to 1.6M and eventually got it down to 1.8M. 

16 minutes ago, Bobcat1 said:

His budget as Sec of Defense says otherwise - He proposed cutting the budget tremendously even when congress appropriated funds for programs, he did not use them and then cut the programs completely. 

He proposed cutting the size of the military from 2.2M to 1.6M and eventually got it down to 1.8M. 

All while engaging in multiple wars, there are stats and then there’s reality.  Just take a look at Bush’s spending.

4 hours ago, Bobcat1 said:

If any of you libs really are interested, find out how much of that iraqi war money ended up in Dick's pocket!  Then you may have some answers.  But, like it says here -- you libs can have him!  He and Bush were NOT movement conservatives!

@UT alum

6 minutes ago, Reagan said:

If any of you libs really are interested, find out how much of that iraqi war money ended up in Dick's pocket!  Then you may have some answers.  But, like it says here -- you libs can have him!  He and Bush were NOT movement conservatives!

@UT alum

No, they were not, and we have said that about them for years.

Something democrats are incapable of.

Just love how democrats are holding up Republicans that they hate as standard bearers for our party.

No thanks, work on your own pathetic party, plenty of work to do there.

14 minutes ago, Reagan said:

@UT alum

Yeah, Trump’s a movement conservative all right. As in bowel movement.

17 hours ago, Bobcat1 said:

Facts are a sun of a gun!!

@UT alum  @Big girl  @CardinalBacker

On 9/5/2024 at 12:47 PM, Bobcat1 said:

This is how you know Trump is the real deal!

On 9/7/2024 at 2:20 PM, LumRaiderFan said:

No, they were not, and we have said that about them for years.

Something democrats are incapable of.

Just love how democrats are holding up Republicans that they hate as standard bearers for our party.

No thanks, work on your own pathetic party, plenty of work to do there.

Mike Pence is a true Republican - He's warning American's that Trump is not fit for office.  Why do you not believe him? 

40 minutes ago, Bobcat1 said:

Mike Pence is a true Republican - He's warning American's that Trump is not fit for office.  Why do you not believe him? 

Because I saw him as President for four years, why would I need someone to explain to me what I saw myself?

I’m almost as disgusted with the Republicans as I am the Democrats so the true Republican thing doesn’t carry any weight.

2 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

Because I saw him as President for four years, why would I need someone to explain to me what I saw myself?

I’m almost as disgusted with the Republicans as I am the Democrats so the true Republican thing doesn’t carry any weight.

You saw what you were allowed you to see.  To not take the advice of someone who worked that closely to President Trump behind media doors truly baffles me. 

1 minute ago, Bobcat1 said:

You saw what you were allowed you to see.  To not take the advice of someone who worked that closely to President Trump behind media doors truly baffles me. 

I was allowed to see energy independence, lowest unemployment in decades, the most secure borders in years, selection of conservative SCJs, refrain from wars due to projected strength, I could go on but you get it.

To ignore these results and listen to complaints from a disgruntled Washington insider would be truly baffling to me.