Nederland (14) @ West Orange-Stark (13) - FINAL

jdawg03

8 hours ago, PNGFaithful said:

And they wanted Thompson out. WOS is reaping what they sow!!

Yess sir !! and I look at it this way.it will be the last season of this.playing undisciplined and not knowing how to make adjustments.another 5-5 season.and hopefully the kids don't get blamed.its more than trying to run the 50.u have to know how to run it. CT  wanted to help but they didn't let him.so, it is what it is.

29 minutes ago, dj said:

Yess sir !! and I look at it this way.it will be the last season of this.playing undisciplined and not knowing how to make adjustments.another 5-5 season.and hopefully the kids don't get blamed.its more than trying to run the 50.u have to know how to run it. CT  wanted to help but they didn't let him.so, it is what it is.

Lol. Real difficult “knowing how to run the 50”.

11 hours ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

Always a classic... good game Nederland.

Another example of this teams inability to get it done. Personal fouls at the worst possible times. Failure to manage the clock. Refs still have it out for us too. They gave Ned enough time to figure out how to get the Cowboys to the super bowl. But it should've never got to that point. Pinned inside they're own 5 they came out with confidence. And never let up. Spirit killer

Refs had nothing to do with this loss. We got the benefit of more calls than I thought we would. Our kid chased there's to the bench last night and they gave us an "offsetting". No, we gotta stop blaming refs and acknowledge the fact we lack character. Until then we're gonna keep putting ourselves and our "wittle feewings" over the good of the team. Losses like this one, 2022 Newton, 2023 PNG, 2023 Newton, 2023 HF, 2023 Jasper... all the result of undisciplined play in the final minutes of games we should've won. It's quite ridiculous. When are we going to teach them the real lessons???

8 minutes ago, Gasilla said:

Refs had nothing to do with this loss. We got the benefit of more calls than I thought we would. Our kid chased there's to the bench last night and they gave us an "offsetting". No, we gotta stop blaming refs and acknowledge the fact we lack character. Until then we're gonna keep putting ourselves and our "wittle feewings" over the good of the team. Losses like this one, 2022 Newton, 2023 PNG, 2023 Newton, 2023 HF, 2023 Jasper... all the result of undisciplined play in the final minutes of games we should've won. It's quite ridiculous. When are we going to teach them the real lessons???

Same when Bellville beat them in Bi district two years ago

3 hours ago, Gasilla said:

It want change until there is change of leadership.   WOS is 11-13 in the last 3 years.  

Congratulations Bulldogs.  Never giving up is always the key.  You didn’t steal this game.  You won it.  Passing game and secondary will have to come around though.  One running back can’t do it all.  If you want an extended season.

5 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

Last week looks a lil different with Newton starting 0-2. 

This week was the typical new Mustang style we're getting tired of seeing... lead all game til the end and blow it. 

Next week.... another in the field job interview.

Why you think we schedule all these odd teams this season?

And for a certain JR G listed at 5-11 345 lbs. Instant eligibility anywhere they go. Saw another mini me on the sideline too. Guess living in Little Cypress wouldn't be bad if they had an opening. Less than a mile commute would be nice too. But they know better. 

Who's got the for sale signs?

All he needs is a playoff birth. His job will be safe... heard it here first.

2 hours ago, setxathlete14 said:

All he needs is a playoff birth. His job will be safe... heard it here first.

3 year guaranteed with the option for another 2. Not a birth... needs a win. Or the board's gonna be looking for something else to do one Monday a month. We've done the 4th place thing for 2 years with absolutely no plan for Bellville.

I listened to Grant and Terry sideline to sideline podcast yesterday before the game. Anyone that doesn't want to take my opinion as fact should listen to a couple of expert outsiders. They hit the nail on the head. Both picked WOS to win. DCTF had us as a 13 pt favorite. Massey was +15. Pretty sure the pickems here had us favored too. But here comes the "you'll be fine in district". Let's see of we can hold heads high in week 11 

Watched entire Mustang vs Nederland game and here is my take. Mustangs definitely look more comfortable in the 50. Much more organized on fits. Great athletically as usual. Nice size on D and O lines. QB has nice arm and shifty but makes poor decisions under pressure. Overall team lacks discipline on the field with stupid untimely and preventable penalties. Receivers drop clean balls which could have made a difference in the outcome. Conditioning appeared to be a problem but its early in season. Defense gave up a 99 yard drive at end of game and lost on last play of game. Went into a prevent style defense and it prevented them from winning. I don’t think this loss will be good for the Mustangs. This one got away from them. Although they appear to be better than the last two seasons they are still missing the little things which end up being big. Next two games will tell a lot. That’s my take!

21 minutes ago, Mustang1980 said:

Watched entire Mustang vs Nederland game and here is my take. Mustangs definitely look more comfortable in the 50. Much more organized on fits. Great athletically as usual. Nice size on D and O lines. QB has nice arm and shifty but makes poor decisions under pressure. Overall team lacks discipline on the field with stupid untimely and preventable penalties. Receivers drop clean balls which could have made a difference in the outcome. Conditioning appeared to be a problem but its early in season. Defense gave up a 99 yard drive at end of game and lost on last play of game. Went into a prevent style defense and it prevented them from winning. I don’t think this loss will be good for the Mustangs. This one got away from them. Although they appear to be better than the last two seasons they are still missing the little things which end up being big. Next two games will tell a lot. That’s my take!

I agree 

2 hours ago, Mustang1980 said:

True.  The coaching staff didn’t appear to have an answer to the trick plays that Nederland executed in the second half. Maybe they may want to be ready for next week’s team La Vega and trick plays that they may try to run against the Mustangs. I’m just saying!

10 hours ago, ladybug33 said:

True.  The coaching staff didn’t appear to have an answer to the trick plays that Nederland executed in the second half. Maybe they may want to be ready for next week’s team La Vega and trick plays that they may try to run against the Mustangs. I’m just saying!

There was a half back pass in the first half where a TD was called back. I don’t remember any trick plays in second half. I think you mean play action and scrambles due to lack of blocking 

51 minutes ago, glassjoe said:

There was a half back pass in the first half where a TD was called back. I don’t remember any trick plays in second half. I think you mean play action and scrambles due to lack of blocking 

I think I saw a double reverse and then a halfback pass. Maybe not such a trick play.

5 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

I’d like to once again congratulate the WOS community for the success they’ve had since running off their hall of fame coach.  

Did u learn how to read over the summer? If so, let me send you a copy of CT's book. Are you still at #1 Cardinal Drive up there in Fantasy Land, Blue State, USA