Nederland (14) @ West Orange-Stark (13) - FINAL

jdawg03

Always a classic... good game Nederland.

Another example of this teams inability to get it done. Personal fouls at the worst possible times. Failure to manage the clock. Refs still have it out for us too. They gave Ned enough time to figure out how to get the Cowboys to the super bowl. But it should've never got to that point. Pinned inside they're own 5 they came out with confidence. And never let up. Spirit killer

Much more discipline and a not give up attitude this season under the new coaching staff at Nederland.  They simply need to keep working on getting the OL and passing game going and I think they will. They are playing hard on defense, however the secondary must improve, but  very nice to be 2-0. WOS is much better than last 2 seasons. They are going to be ok once the offense gets going. Very good speed and the defense is playing well Good luck to both teams as they continue the season.

16 minutes ago, bulldawg64 said:

What a squeaker came out with the victory in the end that what counts

Good luck mustangs the rest of season!

Same to the Nederland faithful. Traveled well in the weather tonight too. 

Great job to the administration over there. Another example of what the right hire at the right time can do for a program rich in tradition.

27 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

Same to the Nederland faithful. Traveled well in the weather tonight too. 

Great job to the administration over there. Another example of what the right hire at the right time can do for a program rich in tradition.

Yes they did. I was kind of shocked really….

I gotta say this was a fantastic game of great defense by both teams. I was very impressed with WOS tonight. They were in control most of the night, but a crucial unsportsmanlike conduct penalty late in the game was their unraveling. Nederland stopped them on 3rd and short with just over 4 minutes left and it would have been 4th and 2, but the penalty moved them back to the 42 yard line and made it 4th and 17 to where the Stangs had to punt. They punted  and pinned the Dogs on the 3 yard line with 4 minutes left. Nederland had struggled to move the ball most of the night against a tough Mustang defense until the final drive. Several key conversions on the final drive and a never say die attitude kept the Dogs alive and in position to win even with the horrendous officiating and handling of the clock. Several times when we got first downs the clock would run and even winded the clock when we completed a sideline pass late in the game. The 15 minute delay at the end only to add ZERO time to the clock showed just how inept that crew was tonight. It was as bad as I have seen in a game in a long time.

Hats off to the Dogs for hanging in there against a very good WOS team and driving 97 yard for the game winner after struggling most of the night on offense. The defense was solid all night and came up with key stops when they needed them most and played without their standout LB Ellis Walker. Great team effort!

I think the Stangs look like a really good team with tons of potential. I really like the QB and the RBs and WRs are tough to stop. The defense was really solid and shot down what we wanted to do most of the night. 

All in all it was a great game and the fans for both teams that endured the weather were treated to an exciting ending. It’s a shame that the refs struggled so bad, because both teams poured their hearts into that game.

Good luck to the Stangs the rest of the way. If they clean up a few things, they will be a tough out for anyone.

Hope the Dogs keep improving each week. You can see the kids buying in already and it is a great thing to witness. We aren’t flashy, but we are gritty and don’t give up. The excitement of those kids to get  a big road win tonight was priceless.

1 hour ago, spidersal said:

Much more discipline and a not give up attitude this season under the new coaching staff at Nederland.  They simply need to keep working on getting the OL and passing game going and I think they will. They are playing hard on defense, however the secondary must improve, but  very nice to be 2-0. WOS is much better than last 2 seasons. They are going to be ok once the offense gets going. Very good speed and the defense is playing well Good luck to both teams as they continue the season.

How bout the sophomore with the INT tonight 

2 minutes ago, jake94 said:

I gotta say this was a fantastic game of great defense by both teams. I was very impressed with WOS tonight. They were in control most of the night, but a crucial unsportsmanlike conduct penalty late in the game was their unraveling. Nederland stopped them on 3rd and short with just over 4 minutes left and it would have been 4th and 2, but the penalty moved them back to the 42 yard line and made it 4th and 17 to where the Stangs had to punt. They punted  and pinned the Dogs on the 3 yard line with 4 minutes left. Nederland had struggled to move the ball most of the night against a tough Mustang defense until the final drive. Several key conversions on the final drive and a never say die attitude kept the Dogs alive and in position to win even with the horrendous officiating and handling of the clock. Several times when we got first downs the clock would run and even winded the clock when we completed a sideline pass late in the game. The 15 minute delay at the end only to add ZERO time to the clock showed just how inept that crew was tonight. It was as bad as I have seen in a game in a long time.

Hats off to the Dogs for hanging in there against a very good WOS team and driving 97 yard for the game winner after struggling most of the night on offense. The defense was solid all night and came up with key stops when they needed them most and played without their standout LB Ellis Walker. Great team effort!

I think the Stangs look like a really good team with tons of potential. I really like the QB and the RBs and WRs are tough to stop. The defense was really solid and shot down what we wanted to do most of the night. 

All in all it was a great game and the fans for both teams that endured the weather were treated to an exciting ending. It’s a shame that the refs struggled so bad, because both teams poured their hearts into that game.

Good luck to the Stangs the rest of the way. If they clean up a few things, they will be a tough out for anyone.

Hope the Dogs keep improving each week. You can see the kids buying in already and it is a great thing to witness. We aren’t flashy, but we are gritty and don’t give up. The excitement of those kids to get  a big road win tonight was priceless.

I agree completely. This game reminds me so much of our PNG game last year. Joseph said that win solidified the team and gave them the confidence they needed to make a long run. That was an interview weeks later too. So let's see how good Ned is the rest of the way. I'm looking for them to have a good season with that RB and QB. And the coach seems to have more than enough experience with pressure situations. I liked seeing him get mad at the refs at the end. Reminded me a lil of Hooks.

2 minutes ago, NHSBulldogFan said:

How bout the sophomore with the INT tonight 

His Dad sat right by us at the game and we had a great time. That kid is gonna be a star for the next couple years and I could see him being an important two way player for us. There’s lots to be excited about. Also, the freshman team is 2-0 and has outscore md their opponents 75-0 so far. The JV is 2-0 and has outscored their opponents 56-2. That means neither of those defenses has given up a point yet. 😮