Trumps plan to make childcare affordable...

Bobcat1

Question - President Trump, you – you talked about how the increase in the price of food, gas and rent is hurting families, but the real cost that’s breaking families’ backs and preventing women from participating in the workforce is child care. Child care is now more expensive than rent for working families and is costing the economy more than $122 billion a year, making it one of the most urgent economic issues that is facing our country. In fact, the cost of child care is outpacing the cost of inflation, with the majority of American families of young children spending more than 20% of their income on child care. One thing that Democrats and Republicans have in common is that both parties talk a lot about what they’re going to do to address the child care crisis, but neither party has delivered meaningful change. If you win in November, can you commit to prioritizing legislation to make child care affordable? And if so, what specific piece of legislation will you advance?

Answer - “Well I would do that, and we’re sitting down, and you know I was somebody — we had Senator Marco Rubio and my daughter Ivanka was so impactful on that issue. It’s a very important issue. But I think when you talk about the kind of numbers that I’m talking about — that because — the — child care is child care, couldn’t, you know, it’s something, you have to have it, in this country you have to have it. But when you talk about those numbers compared to the kind of numbers that I’m talking about by taxing foreign nations at levels that they’re not used to but they’ll get used to it very quickly — and it’s not going to stop them from doing business with us, but they’ll have a very substantial tax when they send product into our country. Those numbers are so much bigger than any numbers that we’re talking about including child care that it’s going to take care — we’re gonna have, I look forward to having no deficits within a fairly short period of time. Coupled with the reductions that I told you about on waste and fraud and all of the other things that are going on in our country because I have to stay with child care, I want to stay with child care — but those numbers are small relative to the kind of economic numbers that I’m talking about, including growth, but growth also headed up by what the plan is that I just, that I just told you about. We’re going to be taking in trillions of dollars and as much as child care is talked about as being expensive, it’s relatively speaking not very expensive compared to the kinds of numbers we’ll be taking in. We’re going to make this into an incredible country that can afford to take care of its people. And then we’ll worry about the rest of the world. Let’s help other people. But we are going to take care of our country first. This is about America first. It’s about make America great again. We have to do it because right now we are a failing nation. So we’ll take care of it.”

Is this a sign of cognitive decline or did he have a seizure?  

42 minutes ago, Bobcat1 said:

Question - President Trump, you – you talked about how the increase in the price of food, gas and rent is hurting families, but the real cost that’s breaking families’ backs and preventing women from participating in the workforce is child care. Child care is now more expensive than rent for working families and is costing the economy more than $122 billion a year, making it one of the most urgent economic issues that is facing our country. In fact, the cost of child care is outpacing the cost of inflation, with the majority of American families of young children spending more than 20% of their income on child care. One thing that Democrats and Republicans have in common is that both parties talk a lot about what they’re going to do to address the child care crisis, but neither party has delivered meaningful change. If you win in November, can you commit to prioritizing legislation to make child care affordable? And if so, what specific piece of legislation will you advance?

Answer - “Well I would do that, and we’re sitting down, and you know I was somebody — we had Senator Marco Rubio and my daughter Ivanka was so impactful on that issue. It’s a very important issue. But I think when you talk about the kind of numbers that I’m talking about — that because — the — child care is child care, couldn’t, you know, it’s something, you have to have it, in this country you have to have it. But when you talk about those numbers compared to the kind of numbers that I’m talking about by taxing foreign nations at levels that they’re not used to but they’ll get used to it very quickly — and it’s not going to stop them from doing business with us, but they’ll have a very substantial tax when they send product into our country. Those numbers are so much bigger than any numbers that we’re talking about including child care that it’s going to take care — we’re gonna have, I look forward to having no deficits within a fairly short period of time. Coupled with the reductions that I told you about on waste and fraud and all of the other things that are going on in our country because I have to stay with child care, I want to stay with child care — but those numbers are small relative to the kind of economic numbers that I’m talking about, including growth, but growth also headed up by what the plan is that I just, that I just told you about. We’re going to be taking in trillions of dollars and as much as child care is talked about as being expensive, it’s relatively speaking not very expensive compared to the kinds of numbers we’ll be taking in. We’re going to make this into an incredible country that can afford to take care of its people. And then we’ll worry about the rest of the world. Let’s help other people. But we are going to take care of our country first. This is about America first. It’s about make America great again. We have to do it because right now we are a failing nation. So we’ll take care of it.”

Word salad… when your plan is to keep repeating “I have a plan,” then praise the plan… then push your merch. 

2 hours ago, Bobcat1 said:

Yet his followers call Kamala dumb. Smhl

I think Trump was caught off guard and fumbled for an answer. It is what it is…no excuses.

Big Girl, isn’t it because he is old? I’ll take Trump’s worst day over Biden’s or Harris’ best day anytime.

None of you on the left have the cajones to admit that about your candidates. Never will!!!

4 hours ago, Bobcat1 said:

It’s a sign of not knowing what the heck he’s talking about.  He say he’s going to pay for it by levying a 10% tax on the middle class.  Just because he calls it a “tariff” he thinks it’s not a tax. FOREIGN COUNTRIES DO NOT PAY FOR TARIFFS. WE DO. Economics 101. Trump’s a loser, and he’s fixing to lose big time come November.

2 hours ago, Big girl said:

Nope, Trump said that word and Noone knew what he was talking about.

Noone. You know, I will give the occasional misspelling a pass, even typos, but you have spelled “no one” this way several times. You really have no room to throw stones here.

15 hours ago, baddog said:

Noone. You know, I will give the occasional misspelling a pass, even typos, but you have spelled “no one” this way several times. You really have no room to throw stones here.

Says the person who wrote don't take something in vein.