La Porte @ PNG

Rez

PNG or La Porte   

51 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

3 minutes ago, CS. said:

regular season (neutral field)
[2024] Memorial (Port Arthur, TX) 33 (57%), [2024] Port Neches-Groves (Port Neches, TX) 31 (43%)

playoffs (neutral field)
[2024] Port Neches-Groves (Port Neches, TX) 38 (75%), [2024] Memorial (Port Arthur, TX) 27 (25%)

@Mr. Buddy Garrity

Yeah um Calpreps had us losing our previous 2 games this season, I think you know where I'm going with this 🤣 

1 hour ago, gary-us-bonds said:

Crazy to me that people actually gave United some sort of chance against PNG when they didn't have a snowballs chance in hell of winning even if they played 500 times...then people think PNG is going to roll LP when the Bulldogs have an actual chance to pull off an upset.

I know it's an SE board but c'mon.

All I know is Kingwood would blow out both of PNG’s opponents by similar margins (and has proven it against BU), and DP against either would be worse.

Klein Oak and BU are both doormats. Sorry.

Kingwood will challenge King for the 4th spot this year IMHO, and DP is a perennial PO team. Neither are 6A juggernauts. But, both are solid. Especially at home.

It’s a fan board for us fans. I seriously doubt if the PNG staff/players are thinking they’ll roll LP.

1 hour ago, OlDawg said:

All I know is Kingwood would blow out both of PNG’s opponents by similar margins (and has proven it against BU), and DP against either would be worse.

Kingwood will challenge King for the 4th spot this year IMHO, and DP is a perennial PO team. Neither are 6A juggernauts. But, both are solid. Especially at home.

It’s a fan board for us fans. I seriously doubt if the PNG staff/players are thinking they’ll roll LP.

I am a PN-G fan and think this will be a very physical game won along the o line and d line. Both strengths for PN-G. Turnovers and busted plays that go big will decide the game. PNG started pulling starters last week in the 2nd quarter and mixed them with backups the rest of the game. The score could have been worse. 

5 hours ago, aki1994 said:

I am a PN-G fan and think this will be a very physical game won along the o line and d line. Both strengths for PN-G. Turnovers and busted plays that go big will decide the game. PNG started pulling starters last week in the 2nd quarter and mixed them with backups the rest of the game. The score could have been worse. 

All games are won/lost along the lines & with turnovers/penalties. That’s like saying water is wet.

Still, I think it will be a good game for both squads to tune up & get ready for district. I hope both squads come away fully healthy & ready to go for the ‘real’ games.

I like PNG’s balanced offense. LP’s D needs to tighten up. They’ve been okay. But, have given up big plays that have hurt them. PNG has a definite size advantage over LP’s LB’s and secondary.

PNG will get to face a physical offense. Their tackling skills will be tested.

Neither team will be able to get by with arm tackles.

Id like to see both SE Texas teams do well this season. This game should help them both. I’m glad the staffs scheduled it.

Maybe next year, y’all can visit the new Bulldog Stadium. It’s looking nice, and will actually be able to handle handicapped visitors with a full experience like everyone else.

I will have to watch the stream as my wife has PSP (a rare form of Parkinson’s) and few stadiums can accommodate her needs. But, I wish both teams good games, and good health.

Finally, I’ve never done this before, but if anyone has a desire to give to a charitable organization, please consider The Michael J Fox Foundation for Parkinson’s Research. Thanks in advance!

(Mods—if the last is against rules, please edit/delete as necessary.)

11 hours ago, OlDawg said:

All games are won/lost along the lines & with turnovers/penalties. That’s like saying water is wet.

Still, I think it will be a good game for both squads to tune up & get ready for district. I hope both squads come away fully healthy & ready to go for the ‘real’ games.

I like PNG’s balanced offense. LP’s D needs to tighten up. They’ve been okay. But, have given up big plays that have hurt them. PNG has a definite size advantage over LP’s LB’s and secondary.

Id like to see both SE Texas teams do well this season. This game should help them both. I’m glad the staffs scheduled it.

Maybe next year, y’all can visit the new Bulldog Stadium. It’s looking nice, and will actually be able to handle handicapped visitors with a full experience like everyone else.

I will have to watch the stream as my wife has PSP (a rare form of Parkinson’s) and few stadiums can accommodate her needs. But, I wish both teams good games, and good health.

Finally, I’ve never done this before, but if anyone has a desire to give to a charitable organization, please consider The Michael J Fox Foundation for Parkinson’s Research. Thanks in advance!

Sending prayers of healing and strength to you and your wife. GOD BLESS

13 hours ago, OlDawg said:

Praying for your wife and family. Positive thoughts for Port Neches. 

14 hours ago, OlDawg said:

I agree. But there are games where turnovers and penalties still can't help a team from being completely overmatched. There are also games where the spread offense can be an equalizer for not having the big oline to run behind. My point was this will be a good, physical game. Not much finesse going on. Hopefully both teams come out healthy and better from playing each other. 

My grandfather suffered from Parkinson's and the MJFox foundation is a great organization to donate to.  

On 9/11/2024 at 12:40 PM, OlDawg said:

Klein Oak was astonishingly poorly coached, but they had several D1 players and a frankly enormous o-line, so I think we got some good experience out of the game despite how utterly awful their coaching and preparation was. That exact same team could beat us today with an even slightly better coach.

Beaumont United doesn’t do much right, if anything, at the moment. It was at best a tune-up game. 

La Porte is an entirely different animal. I don’t think anyone seriously thinks they’re just going to roll over. If our tackling, clock management, and play calling isn’t stellar the Bulldogs will make us pay for it in our own stadium.