Newton vs Tatum

Newton vs Tatum  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This will be a tough one for Newton to win. If they drop to 0-3, it will be the first time since the 1993 season. They dropped to 1-3 in the 2014 season when WT was in his beginning years , and fans were ready to hang him out to dry.(Lol)  However, they went to state that year and ultimately fell to Waskom. They went on to win two more state championships back to back. So, it's definitely not worth panicking over—they just have a tough pre-district schedule. I can see them ending the season at 7-3 and going 3 or 4 rounds deep. 

15 hours ago, EAGLEFOREVER said:

I’ll give you fifty dollars if you keep the score within one touchdown. I want to see them DF fans have a meltdown. They probably had ten starters out. LOL In all honesty I hope we can give y’all good game. Good luck to y’all and may it be an injury free game.

I ain't drinking what everyone else is drinking. Folks saying we're gonna win by 40 or 50. Nah. Its gonna be a ball game. Porter is a unit. The one thing that hurts yall is the lack of a passing game. We'll load the box and all 4 of our LBs arrive to the ball angry. #8 Qwa Peoples has like 4 forced fumbles already. Our big NG is a freshman. About 6'3 300 and he's not just a big body. Strong, quick, has a motor.

Porter is gonna get his. We're gonna have to do a good job of trying to corral him and then not let the QBs legs get us. 

2 hours ago, prepballfan said:

Watched the video. Though a short sample size, it looked like the defense was in place at most times, took proper angels, and had great form tackling. 

Defense has definitely gotten much better since last season. I expect Newton to be a good test for the defense. Porter is impressive. 

3 hours ago, bd04 said:

This will be a tough one for Newton to win. If they drop to 0-3, it will be the first time since the 1993 season. They dropped to 1-3 in the 2014 season when WT was in his beginning years , and fans were ready to hang him out to dry.(Lol)  However, they went to state that year and ultimately fell to Waskom. They went on to win two more state championships back to back. So, it's definitely not worth panicking over—they just have a tough pre-district schedule. I can see them ending the season at 7-3 and going 3 or 4 rounds deep. 

I think the surprise team in the region is New Diana. They look very very good. DF is loaded with athletes. I'd say ND, DF, Newton are for sure the top 3 in the region, in no particular order. 

2 hours ago, TEagle8 said:

I think the surprise team in the region is New Diana. They look very very good. DF is loaded with athletes. I'd say ND, DF, Newton are for sure the top 3 in the region, in no particular order. 

They gotta get better before I say anything like that.