**Presidential Debate Feedback Thread**

Bobcat1

1 minute ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Got a question in regards to the "women should be able to make choices with their own bodies" deal.

If they should have the choice, shouldn't they have the choice of selling their body for sex? 

That is a state run law. Some allow, some don't.

I should have qualified that with concerning their healthcare decisions.

4 hours ago, 5GallonBucket said:

Well givin I have a wife and lost a child.  I know some of what the impact is.

but what was your point?….that a man cannot miscarry.

Examine how you would've felt if she had a missed miscarriage and no doctor wanted to remove the baby. Sorry for your loss

7 hours ago, Reagan said:

I say “bring it on!”  I bet she don’t though!  She may not have help next time!  What happened last night with ABC proves she can’t stand on her own against Trump!

I see you’re already in excuse-making mode.

pace yourself… you don’t want to run out of excuses before November. 

“Don’t you worry about me running out of excuses! I’ve got plenty!”

7 hours ago, Reagan said:

The fact is, and not disputable, is she needed help from the ABC moderators.  She lied the whole way without one fact check.  But, they were arguing with Trump the whole way.  Like I said — she needed help.  Just hide and watch, she’ll not ask for or accept another debate.  

You told us last week that trump was going to easily win the debate… now it’s the ABC moderators that beat him? lol. Y’all were worried about the CNN moderators until Biden showed up semi-conscious, then crickets from the trump fans. 

I warned you, but you didn’t listen.  Trump “won” the first debate because Biden looked like the Cryptkeeper. Trump performed badly there, too, but nobody was punching back. Kamala dotted both his eyes and flattened his lips for him. I wasn’t surprised at all. 

4 hours ago, TxHoops said:

I would have to agree with you.  The bigger problem for former President Trump is that i can’t imagine she didn’t win in the minds of the coveted independent/swing voters. 

Exactly. The Ds think Kamala won and the Rs think Don got cheated. 

The undecideds got a good look at what they’re gonna have to listen to for the next four years. 

Hope or Hate?

Thats an easy choice. 

My mom is devoutly religious… and she can’t believe that we’re about to end up with four more years of secular democrat policies. Policies that seem to be almost complete opposed to biblical teaching.  She can’t understand why this happening to America. 

My thought is this… in Exodus, we’re told how the Israelites in Moses’ absence created a golden calf to worship instead of God. They were punished.  That’s where I think we are today. Evil isn’t winning, “good” people are being punished for not sticking to their guns, but we’re instead willing to overlook all wrongdoing on the part of Trump. 

In my mind, anyways. 

53 minutes ago, 5GallonBucket said:

If baby has no heart beat then there is no issue. Is there a law that states that it is illegal for a dr to remove a dead baby?

This is the hidden content, please

Doctors are also afraid to intervene when someone has an ectopic pregnancy (the embryo is  outside of the uterus). The most common place other ther than the uterus is the fallopian tubes which will rupture and possibly kill the mother. There are also instances where the embryo is in the woman's stomach not her uterus

11 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

My mom is devoutly religious… and she can’t believe that we’re about to end up with four more years of secular democrat policies. Policies that seem to be almost complete opposed to biblical teaching.  She can’t understand why this happening to America. 

My thought is this… in Exodus, we’re told how the Israelites in Moses’ absence created a golden calf to worship instead of God. They were punished.  That’s where I think we are today. Evil isn’t winning, “good” people are being punished for not sticking to their guns, but we’re instead willing to overlook all wrongdoing on the part of Trump. 

In my mind, anyways. 

What? Like feed the poor, visit the sick and imprisoned? Have policies centered more around compassion than dispassion? What am I missing here? Church people seem to be showing little faith in the Almighty.

28 minutes ago, UT alum said:

What? Like feed the poor, visit the sick and imprisoned? Have policies centered more around compassion than dispassion? What am I missing here? Church people seem to be showing little faith in the Almighty.

In Thessalonians 3:10, we're told "if any would not work, neither should he eat."  That's not be take as permission to ignore those who can't help themselves, but we're under no obligation to care for those who are unwilling to do for themselves.  Liberals see this dis-inclination to provide for the lazy as being "un-Christian."   Compassion has its limits.   People are rewarded for their bad decisions by our welfare state.  

A close family member was recently transferred to a trauma center in Houston after an accident.  He has healthcare insurance.  He sat there for over 24 hours waiting to be admitted as person after person came in, created a spectacle as is customary for their race, then were ushered away from the waiting room to receive care before this family member.  It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that these "patients" (who had no patience) had no such healthcare insurance. They were likely covered by Medicaid, or not covered at all. 

In America in 2024, you have to pay hundreds of dollars per month in insurance premiums, but it you get injured, you'll pay your copay at the desk and get the same treatment as someone who pays nothing for the same treatment... and they'll probably chimp out and get treated in front of you.  And at the end of the day, my friend will end up with a stack of medical bills that amount to thousands of dollars in deductible expenses he's still gonna have to pay.  

Does that sound compassionate enough for you?

4 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

In Thessalonians 3:10, we're told "if any would not work, neither should he eat."  That's not be take as permission to ignore those who can't help themselves, but we're under no obligation to care for those who are unwilling to do for themselves.  Liberals see this dis-inclination to provide for the lazy as being "un-Christian."   Compassion has its limits.   People are rewarded for their bad decisions by our welfare state.  

A close family member was recently transferred to a trauma center in Houston after an accident.  He has healthcare insurance.  He sat there for over 24 hours waiting to be admitted as person after person came in, created a spectacle as is customary for their race, then were ushered away from the waiting room to receive care before this family member.  It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that these "patients" (who had no patience) had no such healthcare insurance. They were likely covered by Medicaid, or not covered at all. 

In America in 2024, you have to pay hundreds of dollars per month in insurance premiums, but it you get injured, you'll pay your copay at the desk and get the same treatment as someone who pays nothing for the same treatment... and they'll probably chimp out and get treated in front of you.  And at the end of the day, my friend will end up with a stack of medical bills that amount to thousands of dollars in deductible expenses he's still gonna have to pay.  

What about the working poor? Do they deserve help?

8 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

What about people who do work, but can’t make enough to cover basic living expenses? Liveable wages are hard to find in many parts of the country.

Compassion  for the sick would be medicare for all.

I think the debaters should have been sworn in prior to start. Harris would have choked swearing to God, yet her golden calf worshippers, her pretend to be Cristians can quote scripture,  yrt do absolutely nothing in their personal lives to follow it. Kinda like a democrat with the Constitution…….stomp all over it, but carry it in their hip pocket, whipping it out when convenient, and yet not knowing the full content or context.

56 minutes ago, Big girl said:

This is the hidden content, please

Doctors are also afraid to intervene when someone has an ectopic pregnancy (the embryo is  outside of the uterus). The most common place other ther than the uterus is the fallopian tubes which will rupture and possibly kill the mother. There are also instances where the embryo is in the woman's stomach not her uterus

Well speaking from experience we ve dealt with both.miscarry and ectopic which Dr had no issue dealing with….he never questioned what needed to be done and did it.  Usually the woman passes it naturally when dealing with miscarry. And yes there are outliers.  

im not trusting a media news site. 

20 minutes ago, baddog said:

I think the debaters should have been sworn in prior to start. Harris would have choked swearing to God, yet her golden calf worshippers, her pretend to be Cristians can quote scripture,  yrt do absolutely nothing in their personal lives to follow it. Kinda like a democrat with the Constitution…….stomp all over it, but carry it in their hip pocket, whipping it out when convenient, and yet not knowing the full content or context.

Trump told 33 lies.

19 minutes ago, 5GallonBucket said:

Well speaking from experience we ve dealt with both.miscarry and ectopic which Dr had no issue dealing with….he never questioned what needed to be done and did it.  Usually the woman passes it naturally when dealing with miscarry. And yes there are outliers.  

im not trusting a media news site. 

Was that before the abortion ban?

2 hours ago, UT alum said:

What about people who do work, but can’t make enough to cover basic living expenses? Liveable wages are hard to find in many parts of the country.

Compassion  for the sick would be medicare for all.

No, compassion for all is access for all. Everybody has the right to bear arms… that doesn’t mean everybody gets a gun regardless of their ability to pay. We have the ability to travel freely about the country… that doesn’t mean that “compassion” would allow anyone to walk into the ford dealer and demand a free car…. Free healthcare isn’t a right…. People who believe their own health and welfare is someone else’s responsibility is the problem with society today. 

The only people unbothered by inflation at the grocery store are the ones whose groceries are free. 

The laziest among us eat better than the working poor and the actual working class. You wouldn’t need Sherlock Holmes to solve the mystery of “Who’s not paying for their own groceries at Walmart Today?”

Compassion is making sure the poor don’t starve. Compassion isn’t giving those unwilling to labor the reward of gluttony for free. And the solution isn’t “free food for everyone.”