LCM vs Iowa (LA)

The Bears come in on their homecoming week facing an Iowa Louisiana football team who hasn't lost a district game in 2 years (3A-D3/4A-D3).  Iowa leaned towards the run play predominantly in the Pistol or Shotgun offense with decent speed from the QB and wide-out #18, and RB #4 did get some decent openings by his O-line vs Jennings in Week 1. #3 (Cohen Charles - Northwestern State) has 4.5 speed and produces hard hits on defense. 

This is the hidden content, please

The Bears have had two close games that were ultimately decided off one too many unfortunate mistakes, Bears win 28-21 and I bet we see a much better disciplined LCM team. 

12 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Can you expound? 

From what I hear, morale is in the crapper right now.  This is a lot of upheaval from the ranks on certain issues, so much so that the seniors are calling a players only meeting to discuss and going to Peevey.  They've had enough of the favoritism, threats of benching all district players for questioning why coaches are doing things, starting juniors over all district players(RB), the QB situation, and different rules for different players.  Why it's ok for certain players to show up to meetings/workouts late, players not getting punished for personal/unsportsmanlike fouls(OF/Silsbee) while others are, and Peevey going on a 5 minute screaming tirade during halftime last week saying "yall are embarrassing me in front of all these fans".  He's losing the locker room.  

9 minutes ago, lcm93 said:

Spoiled brats at lcm

So in your opinion it's ok to have different rules for different players?  It's ok to show up late for meetings for some, but other get in trouble?  Some get disciplined for mistakes while others go scott free again and again?  They want a leader who treats them all the same, set expectations and stick to your guns and hold EVERYBODY accountable.  

11 minutes ago, BEAR4LIFE said:

So in your opinion it's ok to have different rules for different players?  It's ok to show up late for meetings for some, but other get in trouble?  Some get disciplined for mistakes while others go scott free again and again?  They want a leader who treats them all the same, set expectations and stick to your guns and hold EVERYBODY accountable.  

It's always been about favoritism at lcm

1 hour ago, BEAR4LIFE said:

Is it not obvious who WAS the disciplinary coach there and held more accountabilty... and you said why some didn't like his tough style? Now crying about the opposite?? Lol it really is comical.

Breux was too hard and some didn't like his style... now not tough enough and not holding people accountable... sounds like coach peevy is in a losing battle regardless with some...

I got to the homecoming pep rally early last night and saw numerous kids after practice doing punishment.  I asked what they did and they told me they were out there because they had 15 yard penalties against Silsbee and others were there for grades.  One of the kids doing punishment was a prominent starter.  Just because you don't hear about taking care of the nonsense doesn't mean it isn't happening.  

9 minutes ago, setxathlete14 said:

Is it not obvious who WAS the disciplinary coach there and held more accountabilty... and you said why some didn't like his tough style? Now crying about the opposite?? Lol it really is comical.

Breux was too hard and some didn't like his style... now not tough enough and not holding people accountable... sounds like coach peevy is in a losing battle regardless with some...

Nobody is crying chief.  Breaux wasn't a disciplinarian, he was a donkey who talked down to, ridiculed, and belittled his players instead of coaching them.  That's not coaching tough, there's a huge difference.  I have no problem with discipline and tough coaching, but it should be for all players on the team, not just some regardless of what anybody thinks, especially you. 

And if you'd read what I've been saying you'd understand that my problem is with exactly that, only coaching some tough and NOT holding all accountable, so get out of here with your BS.  Peevey is in a losing battle because he has created an atmosphere where some can do whatever they want, and the rest are sick of it. 

There was a debate on here on who the better coach was between Wagoneer and Peevey.  I bet you money that Wagoneer doesn't have that problem with his team.  Anybody care to chime in on that?    

5 minutes ago, setxasfan said:

I got to the homecoming pep rally early last night and saw numerous kids after practice doing punishment.  I asked what they did and they told me they were out there because they had 15 yard penalties against Silsbee and others were there for grades.  One of the kids doing punishment was a prominent starter.  Just because you don't hear about taking care of the nonsense doesn't mean it isn't happening.  

I heard that as well.  And for that prominent starter was his first time to be disciplined for 3 personal foul penalties over 2 scrimmages and 2 games.  Too little too late...?  Why so long...? 

1 minute ago, setxathlete14 said:

Anyone with info on iowa for a prediction? I know nothing about them but I expect them to be tough like the other 2 teams

VS Jennings: Rushing, 222 yards on 38 carries

QB 4/10 , 101 yards , 2TD , 2INT

Iowa has only played 1 game so far this year, so not much out besides the 23-24 season.

3 hours ago, BEAR4LIFE said:

Nobody is crying chief.  Breaux wasn't a disciplinarian, he was a donkey who talked down to, ridiculed, and belittled his players instead of coaching them.  That's not coaching tough, there's a huge difference.  I have no problem with discipline and tough coaching, but it should be for all players on the team, not just some regardless of what anybody thinks, especially you. 

And if you'd read what I've been saying you'd understand that my problem is with exactly that, only coaching some tough and NOT holding all accountable, so get out of here with your BS.  Peevey is in a losing battle because he has created an atmosphere where some can do whatever they want, and the rest are sick of it. 

There was a debate on here on who the better coach was between Wagoneer and Peevey.  I bet you money that Wagoneer doesn't have that problem with his team.  Anybody care to chime in on that?    

I remember the good ole days when parents could put team goals above personal agendas.  Eric Peevey is a good coach and that's a good staff full of good men.  They didn't forget how to coach, lead, or discipline.  They will win a lot of games this year.  Try to enjoy it.

1 minute ago, Bear Cave said:

I remember the good ole days when parents could put team goals above personal agendas.  Eric Peevey is a good coach and that's a good staff full of good men.  They didn't forget how to coach, lead, or discipline.  They will win a lot of games this year.  Try to enjoy it.

Definitely seems like a personal agenda.

BTW, good to see you. lol