LCM vs Iowa (LA)

10 hours ago, BEAR4LIFE said:

I heard that as well.  And for that prominent starter was his first time to be disciplined for 3 personal foul penalties over 2 scrimmages and 2 games.  Too little too late...?  Why so long...? 

You should apply for a coaching job next year and help get this program back on track. 

21 minutes ago, Bear Down00 said:

Lifelong resident of LCM and graduate of LCM. The rumbles are definitely there. Peevey is an average coach who doesn't get the best out of his kids. Good salesman though... 

Can't argue with that statement....

Talent goes a long way in making a coach look good or not so good.  In the years that Peevey had very good success, he had talented teams. 

22 minutes ago, BEAR4LIFE said:

I promise you they'd be disciplined, hard working, and all treated the same no matter if they are starters or bench warmers.  

They just competed and didn't get destroyed with 2 of the best schools in the state. There's no lack of hard work there. Clearly if nothing else.

1 hour ago, setxathlete14 said:

I agree somewhat, But isn't it like that with every coach we've had lol

Unfortunately so.

D-dub great coach great guy still a big part of LCM.

Moody was pretty much a disaster except one decent year.

Crouch tried to bring some of that Wos juice just didn't pan out. IMO for what it's worth he was too much a front runner. 

Peevey has done an OK job considering the talent he's inherited.

I’m just gonna throw my 2¢ in here.  Someone said it.  Nothing a couple of wins won’t cure.  Folks, Peevey told yall at the parent meeting, EXPECT losses in pre district.  I won’t talk about what’s going on with favoritism and punishment because I don’t know.  I will say this, this Bears team has the potential to be the best he’s had yet.  They fly to the ball, they push hard, and they play for each other.  Bone headed penalties have killed us these last 2 games, no doubt.  But all this bickering online will be the death of us.  I saw people boo the refs on a blatant penalty.  STOP.  I call it like I see it.  Cowbell or no cowbell.  If it’s your son, talk to him after the game.  Tell him what you saw.  But this mess on this thread needs to stop.  

Go Bears

I'm pretty certain this guy doing all the biatching is the same one who was yelling about the QBs before the season even started. Listen, I know it's hard to believe, but Peevey knows his team better than any dad or bleacher creature ever will. Sit back, tell your son to quit whining about having to share time and encourage him to go compete. May the best man win. This idiotic narrative about how Peevey has somehow forgotten to coach, when two years ago LCM was going to erect a statue of him, is asinine. 

27 minutes ago, 2wedge said:

I'm pretty certain this guy doing all the biatching is the same one who was yelling about the QBs before the season even started. Listen, I know it's hard to believe, but Peevey knows his team better than any dad or bleacher creature ever will. Sit back, tell your son to quit whining about having to share time and encourage him to go compete. May the best man win. This idiotic narrative about how Peevey has somehow forgotten to coach, when two years ago LCM was going to erect a statue of him, is asinine. 

I have been bitchin about the QB situation since before the season, but my son isn’t the one competing for the job.  My son is catching the passes from the QB’s which is why I know who is the better passer.  At least when they are thrown to him.  And yeah, I was on the Peevey bandwagon when my other son was on the ‘21 team which is why I can say there is a HUGE difference between ‘21 Peevey and now Peevey.  Seeing it first hand.  So unless you have something more to contribute then hearsay, I’d butt out.  

Everyone needs to take into consideration that lcm has played 2 teams ranked top 10 in the state. IN theory they should lose to those teams, but seeing them hang in there gives a little hope. If they would cut out all the bullshit and egos they could have something. Silsbee had a short field to score almost every possession.(due to turnovers, muffled kickoff, and muffled punt return)What’s funny is lcm finished with more offensive yards while having 5-6 turnovers. They will continue to shoot themselves in the foot until they come together as a TEAM. Another first round exit coming if they don’t 

On 9/11/2024 at 4:30 PM, BEAR4LIFE said:

I have been bitchin about the QB situation since before the season, but my son isn’t the one competing for the job.  My son is catching the passes from the QB’s which is why I know who is the better passer.  At least when they are thrown to him.  And yeah, I was on the Peevey bandwagon when my other son was on the ‘21 team which is why I can say there is a HUGE difference between ‘21 Peevey and now Peevey.  Seeing it first hand.  So unless you have something more to contribute then hearsay, I’d butt out.  

What changed? Coaching style or personality cuz they losing! 

Bears are 0-2 and played two top 13 teams in the State. 
OMG, Rome is burning!!!!!!! 
yall need to chill out and try and enjoy yourselves. 

Fire Peevey? Do yall really think there are better options standing in line to get his job? He was the best candidate after a detailed search. The man puts in more hours than you can imagine into his program for basically peanut pay. If you divided his salary up into the hours worked, I guarantee you 75% of the people complaining make more an hour. 

my opinion is the he can only do so much with the talent he has. No one is a miracle worker. Maybe the kids need to focus more on football and less on social life if they want to win more games. If the kids want to have a good social life, then their parents need to just except mediocrity and a first round playoff exit. 

If these dads want to complain so much they need to grab a whistle and about 80 hours a week and see how good they can do with some of these spoiled, entitled kids. 

On 9/11/2024 at 4:30 PM, BEAR4LIFE said:

It's not hearsay boss, my opinion is being derived from the comments you have posted. Your son may not be the QB, but in truth, you don't really care who the QB is, you care that your son gets touches and is able to shine. It seems to be your opinion that the reason your son isn't getting touches is Peevey's fault because he will not "play the better passer", and you know he is the better passer because "your son is the one catching the passes". I'd bet a million dollars that your son is one of the ones in the locker room keeping the culture issues stirred up. How about teaching him to be a good teammate, be coachable, and worry about contributing to the success of the team rather than worrying about how many catches he gets. I'm sure it helps him tremendously that you are so openly biatching about his team and head football coach on a message board, contributing to the culture issues by keeping the QB argument stirred up. If anyone needs to butt out of anything, it's you. 

14 hours ago, BLUE_LEFT_LEFT_ONE_ELEVEN said:

Bears are 0-2 and played two top 13 teams in the State. 
OMG, Rome is burning!!!!!!! 
yall need to chill out and try and enjoy yourselves. 

Fire Peevey? Do yall really think there are better options standing in line to get his job? He was the best candidate after a detailed search. The man puts in more hours than you can imagine into his program for basically peanut pay. If you divided his salary up into the hours worked, I guarantee you 75% of the people complaining make more an hour. 

my opinion is the he can only do so much with the talent he has. No one is a miracle worker. Maybe the kids need to focus more on football and less on social life if they want to win more games. If the kids want to have a good social life, then their parents need to just except mediocrity and a first round playoff exit. 

If these dads want to complain so much they need to grab a whistle and about 80 hours a week and see how good they can do with some of these spoiled, entitled kids. 

Who said anything about firing Peevey?  Nobody.  It's obvious and proven he has what it takes to win, but like I've said numerous times, he's not coaching the same as the '21 season.  The kids have the talent, but killed themselves those first two games.  Lack of discipline being one major contributing factor, and who does that fall on?  Peevey or the kids?  All coaches work 80+ hours a week DURING FOOTBALL season, and that's why he is compensated so well.    

Don't talk smack on the kids, they're all fully bought in and believe they can win district this year.  They should be 2-0 honestly.  But when things go sideways, the coach and his decisions are in the spotlight, and I've stated my opinion of "why" plenty of times.  

11 minutes ago, 2wedge said:

It's not hearsay boss, my opinion is being derived from the comments you have posted. Your son may not be the QB, but in truth, you don't really care who the QB is, you care that your son gets touches and is able to shine. It seems to be your opinion that the reason your son isn't getting touches is Peevey's fault because he will not "play the better passer", and you know he is the better passer because "your son is the one catching the passes". I'd bet a million dollars that your son is one of the ones in the locker room keeping the culture issues stirred up. How about teaching him to be a good teammate, be coachable, and worry about contributing to the success of the team rather than worrying about how many catches he gets. I'm sure it helps him tremendously that you are so openly biatching about his team and head football coach on a message board, contributing to the culture issues by keeping the QB argument stirred up. If anyone needs to butt out of anything, it's you. 

Wrong on all comments you've made.  My son is a team player who wants WINS and will contribute the best way he is needed.  I don't bitch about the coach with him, I bitch about the coach here.  And I want the QB who will provide the best opportunity to WIN.  That's it.  And I really don't care what your opinion is, I support these boys 100%, but will call out issues with the coaching when it's detrimental to the team.  You know what they say about assumptions, and you're doing a lot of that.