Anahuac vs Garrison

AP_5309

Big test for the Panthers tonight. #6 2AD1 Garrison is rolling into town to test how legitimate this team really is. I am looking forward to seeing Barrier and the gang tonight take on the challenge. Go Panthers. 

Also, Gator Fest weekend. I am not sure how much of a distraction this is in Anahuac for the players, but hopefully they will remain focused on business until after the clock strikes 00:00. 

No but it was close 😂 was a 50+ yard play the  receiver dove and hit the pylon, but the official ruled it out of bounds at the 2 yard line Garrison’s defense  was huddled up close to their sideline talking to the coach the Anahuac offense was already on the field ready to go  Official finally blew the whistle. And Anahuac snapped the ball. Garrison coach threw a fit and got ejected 

2 hours ago, Separation Scientist said:

Did they score? 

1 minute ago, 2wedge said:

Onward and Upward for Anahauc. I'm very interested to see where this season leads for the Panthers. 

All depends on how the bracket shapes up…I do have them winning out as far as the regular season goes but right now (A lot can change before the regular season ends) I have them the 5th best team in the region behind Columbus, Franklin, Hitchcock, and Palestine Westwood… looking at how the districts match up I think they get to the 3rd round… Their opponent there would most likely be either Palestine Westwood or Hitchcock… like I said still pretty early and a lot can change 

7 hours ago, AP_5309 said:

No but it was close 😂 was a 50+ yard play the  receiver dove and hit the pylon, but the official ruled it out of bounds at the 2 yard line Garrison’s defense  was huddled up close to their sideline talking to the coach the Anahuac offense was already on the field ready to go  Official finally blew the whistle. And Anahuac snapped the ball. Garrison coach threw a fit and got ejected 

Must of been the Beaumont chapter.

1 hour ago, BBfan061 said:

All depends on how the bracket shapes up…I do have them winning out as far as the regular season goes but right now (A lot can change before the regular season ends) I have them the 5th best team in the region behind Columbus, Franklin, Hitchcock, and Palestine Westwood… looking at how the districts match up I think they get to the 3rd round… Their opponent there would most likely be either Palestine Westwood or Hitchcock… like I said still pretty early and a lot can change 

Hitchcock is scary good.   I haven’t seen the other 3 teams play this year.  Franklin is Franklin. But it’s hard to anybody in 3A better then Hitchcock 

18 minutes ago, forREALtho said:

Hitchcock is scary good.   I haven’t seen the other 3 teams play this year.  Franklin is Franklin. But it’s hard to anybody in 3A better then Hitchcock 

IMO The other team in their district is better… same thing happened last year until Columbus and Hitchcock played and Columbus rolled them… Columbus is better this year

45 minutes ago, 2wedge said:

With the addition of Grayson Rigdon, Columbus looks set to be the team to beat in the region honestly. I'd love to see Anahuac match up with them down the road. Would be quite the game if Anahuac continues to improve as the season goes along. 

Yeah Anahuac would have to improve a decent amount IMO… not knocking them but I don’t think they stay within 21 points of Columbus right now… I’ll have a better idea of Hitchcock after this Thursday 

21 hours ago, BBfan061 said:

…I do have them winning out as far as the regular season goes but right now  I have them the 5th best team in the region behind Columbus, Franklin, Hitchcock, and Palestine Westwood…

The challenge for AP is getting some real competetion within their district. As we know iron sharpens iron and that district is insanely weak and has been for years. Going even 10-0 means nothing when the district is swept in the first round sometimes. 

I really hope AP can have a nice run this year and next with the QB in place. Lots of challenges lie ahead so I hope AP at least wins the district to earn the best playoff path possible.    

30 minutes ago, Separation Scientist said:

The challenge for AP is getting some real competetion within their district. As we know iron sharpens iron and that district is insanely weak and has been for years. Going even 10-0 means nothing when the district is swept in the first round sometimes. 

I really hope AP can have a nice run this year and next with the QB in place. Lots of challenges lie ahead so I hope AP at least wins the district to earn the best playoff path possible.    

I agree… they may have to use the first and second rounds of the playoffs… because I don’t think anyone should give them much of a issue before that