La Porte (35) @ Port Neches-Groves (49) - FINAL

jdawg03

Tip of the cap to LP.  Physical OL and a stable of talented RBs.  PN-G will not be the only team to have lots of trouble getting those LP RBs on the ground.  They are low to the ground, they wait for the LP OL to open a crease, and they get going north/south in a hurry. The Indians relied on an experienced and strong OL, a 1-2 punch with #15 and #27 carrying the ball, and good special teams play.  Good time for a bye to get some rest, focus on tackling, and getting excited to play a really good Lake Creek team.  GO INDIANS!  

La Porte:

300 yards rushing, 180 passing on 11 of 17.

PN-G:

365 yards rushing, 62 passing on 8 of 14.

The difference was LP had a fumble killing drive early in PN-G red zone, and a tipped pick six coming out of halftime. PN-G had 0 TO’s.

LP was missing 5 defensive starters, and PN-G was missing their outstanding LB.

Good tune up game for district for both teams. I hope they schedule again, and I hope PN-G can defend their title and La Porte can make a good run.

I enjoyed the broadcast on NPN Press. The students did a good job.

1 hour ago, OlDawg said:

La Porte:

300 yards rushing, 180 passing on 11 of 17.

PN-G:

365 yards rushing, 62 passing on 8 of 14.

The difference was LP had a fumble killing drive early in PN-G red zone, and a tipped pick six coming out of halftime. PN-G had 0 TO’s.

LP was missing 5 defensive starters, and PN-G was missing their outstanding LB.

Good tune up game for district for both teams. I hope they schedule again, and I hope PN-G can defend their title and La Porte can make a good run.

I enjoyed the broadcast on NPN Press. The students did a good job.

Yeah, thank goodness for NDN Press.  Last season folks in the comments would ask for the camera to show the cheerleaders and band more, and I notice that this season after pretty much every play the camera goes to the band and cheerleaders, darn near missing the next play. Gets aggravating after a while, but still, I'm glad they're doing the games, and I enjoy watching them whenever I can't be at the game.