Silsbee (37) @ Nederland (24) - FINAL

jdawg03

7 hours ago, Field Judge said:

You can throw it out the back of the end zone from the end zone and it is a safety. He threw it out from the one which is the same as illegal batting or illegal kicking. Ball is dead right there with a loss of down.

Is there a difference in batting or kicking a loose ball out vs Intentionally throwing a ball in your possession?

45 minutes ago, PhatMack19 said:

Is there a difference in batting or kicking a loose ball out vs Intentionally throwing a ball in your possession?

I'm sure someone will correct this...

No rules about which way you kick the ball but once ball thrown you became a passer.  That's where the interference came in I believe due to the defense not being able to finish the play.

I defer to the experts though as I am trying to find the ruling.

22 hours ago, Silsbee92 said:

More thoughts....

Key Plays

1st Half

1) Nederland Punt Mishandled - 1 YD line

2) Silsbee up 21-0, Nederland fumble on Kickoff return.  Ruled down....?

3) Moshier Interception on 1st Down gives ball back to Nederland and then...

3) Tezeno takes screen play and scores on 4th down. Makes it 24 - 7

Silsbee throws the ball only 5 times in 2nd Half...interception right before half was a big turning point in game plan.

2nd Half

1) Sunday pressured, Tezeno makes big catch on underthrown ball for big time 4th down conversion.  Sunday rush TD result.

2) Nederland 2nd Mishandled Punt- Moshier TD 

3) Thomas takes over 3rd qtr.. 2/3rd of total Rushing yds results in ridiculous 41 Yd TD off spin move.

4) Moshier 18yd touch pass to Miller on the sideline for first down.

This game was closer than it seemed.

Penalties/Special team mistakes doomed Nederland but the truth is that Silsbee was the better team tonight.  It would have been less of an issue if not for Tezeno.

3 Huge Plays from him kept Bulldogs in it.

Thomas made it clear he was the best back on the field but to little to late.

Silsbee was steady.  Nothing flashy, capitalized when opportunities there.

It was a good game to call, excellent hospitality and great atmosphere... even if Bulldogs turned off the volume on TexanLive.

Pretty good summary of the game. The Dogs had too miscues against a good Silsbee team. You can’t do that against good teams. I was very proud how the Dogs fought in the 2nd half. This was much different under the new staff than it was last year when Silsbee jumped on us. We showed a lot of fight getting back in the game.

As conservative as we are, I was pretty shocked that we onside kicked down 6 with 8 minutes to play. That was a bit of a head scratcher.

Great game all around. Silsbee played well and deserved the win. The conservative play calling in the second half almost bit them in the rear though. Good luck to the Tigers the rest of the way.

More thoughts....

Key Plays

1st Half

Silsbee throws the ball only 5 times in 2nd Half...interception right before half was a big turning point in game plan.

2nd Half

1) Sunday pressured, Tezeno makes big catch on underthrown ball for big time 4th down conversion.  Sunday rush TD result.

3) Thomas takes over 3rd qtr.. 2/3rd of total Rushing yds results in ridiculous 41 Yd TD off spin move.

Penalties/Special team mistakes doomed Nederland but the truth is that Silsbee was the better team tonight.  It would have been less of an issue if not for Tezeno.

It was a good game to call, excellent hospitality and great atmosphere... even if Bulldogs turned off the volume on TexanLive.

Pretty good summary of the game. The Dogs had too miscues against a good Silsbee team. You can’t do that against good teams. I was very proud how the Dogs fought in the 2nd half. This was much different under the new staff than it was last year when Silsbee jumped on us. We showed a lot of fight getting back in the game.

As conservative as we are, I was pretty shocked that we onside kicked down 6 with 8 minutes to play. That was a bit of a head scratcher.

Great game all around. Silsbee played well and deserved the win. The conservative play calling in the second half almost bit them in the rear though. Good luck to the Tigers the rest of the way.

More thoughts....

Key Plays

1st Half

2nd Half

2 hours ago, BleedBlackandGold said:

I didn't understand the onside kick call with 8 minutes left to play either... I think we would have had a chance to win if we hadn't done that

If the on-side attempt was successful, y'all would've thought it was genius. The real lesson is to not get in the situation to have to make that call in the first place. Probably wasn't a brilliant play call, as you said, but Big Ned has to get better. That's the bottom line...

1 minute ago, SmashMouth said:

If the on-side attempt was successful, y'all would've thought it was genius. The real lesson is to not get in the situation to have to make that call in the first place. Probably wasn't a brilliant play call, as you said, but Big Ned has to get better. That's the bottom line...

Luckly Vidor when. We played them onside a kick to start the game this year and they got it. Im happy the kids were paying attention. But honestly l figured  it was coming. 

I certainly like what the new coaching is building at Nederland I think we will see the program improve a bunch

I certainly hope they do well these last 7 games in a very tough district 

The problems that must  be addressed IMO and the coaching staff knows this

offensively: the passing game due to an OL that struggles in pass protection and a very athletic QB that simply doesn’t throw very well

defensively: a very weak secondary and average LB’ers

special teams: kick off team and punter

I am confident that the coaching staff are working hard in these areas

I think they will continue to improve 

6 hours ago, spidersal said:

I certainly like what the new coaching is building at Nederland I think we will see the program improve a bunch

I certainly hope they do well these last 7 games in a very tough district 

The problems that must  be addressed IMO and the coaching staff knows this

offensively: the passing game due to an OL that struggles in pass protection and a very athletic QB that simply doesn’t throw very well

defensively: a very weak secondary and average LB’ers

special teams: kick off team and punter

I am confident that the coaching staff are working hard in these areas

I think they will continue to improve 

Average linebackers😄 dude we have a d1 linebacker (would have been 2 if not for injury) and you think we're weak there...that ain't it the problem on defense is our coverage stinks and it has alot to do with the new scheme...we've spent the last two weeks playing two teams with pretty good defensive lines i don't think offensive line is the problem...our problem on offense is the lack of receiver talent this year Ayden is running for his life because he's trying to make something happen that just isn't there