Silsbee (37) @ Nederland (24) - FINAL

jdawg03

My question to you after seeing the Silsbee game is where was that  D1 LB’er because I sure didn’t see anyone that looked like a D1 LB’er. Maybe he didn’t play against Silsbee. I am baffled if you think the OL is not the problem after watching the QB have to run for his life time after time on passing attempts. You are right about the recievers.

Hopefully they will continue to improve because Dayton, Huntsville, Lake Creek, Montgomery, and PaNG will all be better teams than Silsbee and WOS

9 minutes ago, spidersal said:

My question to you after seeing the Silsbee game is where was that  D1 LB’er because I sure didn’t see anyone that looked like a D1 LB’er. Maybe he didn’t play against Silsbee. I am baffled if you think the OL is not the problem after watching the QB have to run for his life time after time on passing attempts. You are right about the recievers.

Hopefully they will continue to improve because Dayton, Huntsville, Lake Creek, Montgomery, and PaNG will all be better teams than Silsbee and WOS

When you don't have receivers and your facing a really good defensive line things like that will tend to happen 

11 minutes ago, spidersal said:

Where was that D1 LB his stats on the night 8 tackles 1 sack not a bad night for one guy

All I know is the defense gave up 23 points and the punter gave up 14 to a 4A D2 school

It probably would have been more, but Silsbee didn’t throw must the 2nd half. The Bulldogs who are certainly better than the past 4 years had no pass rush and the secondary is not very good

As far as Silsbee’s D Line , they were ok, however the Bulldogs OL made them look much better than they are

Again they are going to face 5 better teams in district

Silsbee is a good 4A D2 team, but not outstanding 

9 minutes ago, spidersal said:

All I know is the defense gave up 23 points and the punter gave up 14 to a 4A D2 school

It probably would have been more, but Silsbee didn’t throw must the 2nd half. The Bulldogs who are certainly better than the past 4 years had no pass rush and the secondary is not very good

As far as Silsbee’s D Line , they were ok, however the Bulldogs OL made them look much better than they are

I felt like Silsbee took their foot off the gas in the 2nd half and it almost cost them the ballgame...that Silsbee defensive line had to face Hubert Thomas all night he is a load to bring down they fared pretty well against him IMO...luckily for the Dogs this week is the off week before district play starts against the worst team in the district Splendora

12 hours ago, spidersal said:

This...! 🙄🤔..😅😂🤣..🐅🏈

15 hours ago, spidersal said:

We have beat Nederland 3 years in a row and I would say 4 out of the last 6 times. 

8 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

We have beat Nederland 3 years in a row and I would say 4 out of the last 6 times. 

1. 9/13/2024 
    This is the hidden content, please
  2. 9/8/2023 
  3. 9/9/2022 
  4. 9/10/2021 
  5. 9/13/2019 
  6. 9/14/2018 

4-2

22 hours ago, spidersal said:

One of the D1 LBs was hurt in the Lumberton game and hasn’t returned. The other is not an LB, he’s actually an EDGE but has played some at LB. We have an undersized LB #4 who has been playing his butt off and is in on lots of tackles. 

The O-Line is not a strength, but they are learning a whole new blocking scheme and improving. 

You’ve always been good at pointing out negatives and talking bad about 16-18 year olds, but whatever makes you feel good, man.

Coach Rich has us headed in the right direction. Nobody said the Dogs are world beaters right now. Let this guy put his system in place and have a full offseason or two. The freshman class is phenomenal. Just wait and you will see a much different team in a couple years.

17 hours ago, LCMAlumtiger32 said:

1. 9/13/2024 
  2. 9/8/2023 
  3. 9/9/2022 
  4. 9/10/2021 
  5. 9/13/2019 
  6. 9/14/2018 

4-2

4 outta the last 6 yes

17 hours ago, LCMAlumtiger32 said:

1. 9/13/2024 
  2. 9/8/2023 
  3. 9/9/2022 
  4. 9/10/2021 
  5. 9/13/2019 
  6. 9/14/2018 

4-2

2021 Silsbee was up 21 in the 4th and lost. Young Tiger team. 

11 hours ago, jake94 said:

One of the D1 LBs was hurt in the Lumberton game and hasn’t returned. The other is not an LB, he’s actually an EDGE but has played some at LB. We have an undersized LB #4 who has been playing his butt off and is in on lots of tackles. 

The O-Line is not a strength, but they are learning a whole new blocking scheme and improving. 

You’ve always been good at pointing out negatives and talking bad about 16-18 year olds, but whatever makes you feel good, man.

Coach Rich has us headed in the right direction. Nobody said the Dogs are world beaters right now. Let this guy put his system in place and have a full offseason or two. The freshman class is phenomenal. Just wait and you will see a much different team in a couple years.

I keep reading about Nederland having a D-1 linebacker committed to A&M but he isnt on any recruiting list I can find. Is it a different A&M? 

And yes the Freshman class is very good. 

11 hours ago, jake94 said:

1. One of the D1 LBs was hurt in the Lumberton game and hasn’t returned. The other is not an LB, he’s actually an EDGE but has played some at LB. We have an undersized LB #4 who has been playing his butt off and is in on lots of tackles. 

2. The O-Line is not a strength, but they are learning a whole new blocking scheme and improving. 

If I'm being honest, I don't think @spidersal was being unfair. In other posts, he actually said Nederland is better than they have been for the last 4 years. If you take out your seemingly emotional connection to Nederland, his comments are spot on. To your reasons for Nederland's poor performance:

1. Welcome to contact sports - EVERY team has these problems. Read, react, next man up. Depth makes a team better than average. I hope the injured young man is doing better and gets to play soon though.

2. So what. Learning a new scheme? Really? That's what great coaches can do. So either you're saying the kids aren't good enough after summer practices (and maybe even Spring Training) and some non-district games to pick it up or the coaches aren't good enough to teach them. Which is it? If the freshman class is phenomenal using the same new "schemes", then why isn't the Varsity? Weak argument at best.

3. As you pointed out, the Bulldogs aren't "world beaters" right now. So don't get your feelings hurt when someone points out the obvious. I'm a Lumberton Raider fan. I know what it's like. 

42 minutes ago, aki1994 said:

I keep reading about Nederland having a D-1 linebacker committed to A&M but he isnt on any recruiting list I can find. Is it a different A&M? 

I follow A&M recruiting very closely and I’ve never even heard of them offering a Nederland player recently 

2 hours ago, SmashMouth said:

If I'm being honest, I don't think @spidersal was being unfair. In other posts, he actually said Nederland is better than they have been for the last 4 years. If you take out your seemingly emotional connection to Nederland, his comments are spot on. To your reasons for Nederland's poor performance:

1. Welcome to contact sports - EVERY team has these problems. Read, react, next man up. Depth makes a team better than average. I hope the injured young man is doing better and gets to play soon though.

2. So what. Learning a new scheme? Really? That's what great coaches can do. So either you're saying the kids aren't good enough after summer practices (and maybe even Spring Training) and some non-district games to pick it up or the coaches aren't good enough to teach them. Which is it? If the freshman class is phenomenal using the same new "schemes", then why isn't the Varsity? Weak argument at best.

3. As you pointed out, the Bulldogs aren't "world beaters" right now. So don't get your feelings hurt when someone points out the obvious. I'm a Lumberton Raider fan. I know what it's like. 

As far as #2 goes, there is going to be a learning curve this is year #1 and three games in.  Silsbee is a tough team pretty  much every year. These are non-district games so I am not concerned.  There were several years during the Nuemann era that the Dogs were 0-3 and still made the playoffs and even made deep runs so we will see what changes/improvements are made over the bye week.  2-1 going into district isn't a bad place to be.

1 minute ago, Bigdog said:

As far as #2 goes, there is going to be a learning curve this is year #1 and three games in.  Silsbee is a tough team pretty  much every year. These are non-district games so I am not concerned.  There were several years during the Nuemann era that the Dogs were 0-3 and still made the playoffs and even made deep runs so we will see what changes/improvements are made over the bye week.  2-1 going into district isn't a bad place to be.

That's a fair assessment. Plain and simple. Unemotional. Factual. 180 degrees from @jake94.

4 hours ago, aki1994 said:

Where do you keep reading this? I’ve never heard that. One committed to Navy (he’s out with injury) the other committed to UNT

13 hours ago, SmashMouth said:

LOL I will try not to get too emotional. 😂 

1. I was simply answering the question about “where’s the D1 linebacker because I sure didn’t see one” question that your lil buddy posted. 

2. I pointed out that the O-Line is definitely not a strength but improving a little each game. They were pretty good 2nd half against Silsbee when the Dogs made a comeback. Maybe the scheme matters, maybe it doesn’t. I’m sure you are right… as for the freshman group, they are very talented so hopefully that part of my post wasn’t “unfactual.” 😂 

3. Dogs are 2-1. Definitely and improvement from last year. My feelings aren’t hurt at all. 😂 Realistically, making the playoffs this season would be a great accomplishment if it happens running a whole different offensive and defensive philosophy this season. PNG, Lake Creek, and Huntsville fill finish top 3 and I could see the Dogs competing with Dayton or Montgomery for the final playoff spot if we keep improving. I think we will be pretty salty when these freshmen are juniors and seniors. Time will tell. Good Luck to your Raiders, hopefully y’all win a game soon. Didn’t mean to upset you…