Vidor (27) @ Hamshire-Fannett (53) - FINAL

jdawg03

7 hours ago, VPfan2017 said:

An absolute beat down. Flat out embarrassing performance.

Will be an embarrassing season, but the players were all smiles for pics for mommy and daddy.  Need an offensive and defensive overhaul and that will start with the HC, but till people start to voice their displeasure… NOTHING will happen.

2 hours ago, Right99JOH said:

Will be an embarrassing season, but the players were all smiles for pics for mommy and daddy.  Need an offensive and defensive overhaul and that will start with the HC, but till people start to voice their displeasure… NOTHING will happen.

I been vocal of my displeasure for the DC for years now.  I know this year talent is not really there, but offensively i like the system with dubois just needs more creativity. Not run the full back 60 times a game and hope for the best lol

i like the slot t, when ran right its a thing of beauty, but always did wish we would open up some. Run some throwback screens, and use the quick hitting passing game to make defenses hesitate

28 minutes ago, VPfan2017 said:

I been vocal of my displeasure for the DC for years now.  I know this year talent is not really there, but offensively i like the system with dubois just needs more creativity. Not run the full back 60 times a game and hope for the best lol

i like the slot t, when ran right its a thing of beauty, but always did wish we would open up some. Run some throwback screens, and use the quick hitting passing game to make defenses hesitate

The HC handcuffs the DC.  Can’t run the defense he wants. Offensively… we’re the laughing stock of football. Get behind the sticks or 1 score and the odds of us catching up are slim to none. 

4 hours ago, Right99JOH said:

The HC handcuffs the DC.  Can’t run the defense he wants. Offensively… we’re the laughing stock of football. Get behind the sticks or 1 score and the odds of us catching up are slim to none. 

Idk much about the internal works. All i know is its been the exact same defense from when i graduated to now, and we still struggle to cover the same things, so to me it seems like a scheme issue. Granted im a big fan of the 4-2-5, especially with our lack of size on the line. 

12 hours ago, VPfan2017 said:

Idk much about the internal works. All i know is its been the exact same defense from when i graduated to now, and we still struggle to cover the same things, so to me it seems like a scheme issue. Granted im a big fan of the 4-2-5, especially with our lack of size on the line. 

Clearly your knowledge of football will tell you your lack of size in a even front will only give the offense a better advantage since they know what gap you are responsible for?

8 hours ago, Teamlast said:

Clearly your knowledge of football will tell you your lack of size in a even front will only give the offense a better advantage since they know what gap you are responsible for?

So lack of size on a 3 man front is even better when both guards can go straight up to the backers unbothered bc we play head up over center and both tackles? 
As i said, i dont know how the internals are with the defense, but from what i SEE FROM THE STANDS our backers struggle at the point of attack to shed blocks, my thought process is adding another body on the line to force the other time to occupy a lineman to maybe enable backers better chances of making plays.

1 hour ago, SmashMouth said:

It depends on how good your LB's are, defensive play calling is and overall player talent. Lots of moving parts...

Lots of moving parts indeed, in all honesty its just preference for me lol, as ive said many times im not smarter than the defensive coaches and never will be

just venting frustration like everyone else does after HORRENDOUS games 😂

7 minutes ago, VPfan2017 said:

Lots of moving parts indeed, in all honesty its just preference for me lol, as ive said many times im not smarter than the defensive coaches and never will be

just venting frustration like everyone else does after HORRENDOUS games 😂

Lol. I’m a Dallas Cowboys fan and a Lumberton Raider fan. My advice is to keep your expectations low. Your heart will still be broken, but you’ll survive. 

1 hour ago, SmashMouth said:

Lol. I’m a Dallas Cowboys fan and a Lumberton Raider fan. My advice is to keep your expectations low. Your heart will still be broken, but you’ll survive. 

Cowboy fan aswell so i keep my expectations low already😭

on the bright side my longhorns are doing quite well, been my only high point the last few seasons lmao

On 9/14/2024 at 1:20 PM, VPfan2017 said:

When Mathews was HC he pretty much told the DC what to defense to run and I suspect the same is going on now.  Watch the secondary, they play man coverage 7+ yards off their man.  In my older, cripple age, I could get out there and catch passes with that kind of cushion.  

Vidor has taken one dimensional to whole new level.  Until the offense changes and adds new wrinkles, elements, Vidor will continue to be below mediocre.   On the defensive side of the ball with most offenses playing from shotgun, the LBs and DBs need to play assignment football... cover 2, cover 3, and mix in cover 1 when teams get inside the redzone.