Vidor (27) @ Hamshire-Fannett (53) - FINAL

jdawg03

3 hours ago, Right99JOH said:

Vidor has taken one dimensional to whole new level.  Until the offense changes and adds new wrinkles, elements, Vidor will continue to be below mediocre.   On the defensive side of the ball with most offenses playing from shotgun, the LBs and DBs need to play assignment football... cover 2, cover 3, and mix in cover 1 when teams get inside the redzone. 

Sounds like they need to hire you!

12 minutes ago, theSHOW1 said:

Sounds like they need to hire you!

Nope.  I like what I do.

*Doesn't take much common sense to realize that your DBs are young/inexperienced and cannot hang with bigger/faster WRs and that you LBs do not have the sideline to sideline speed to cover TEs and backs out of the backfield. 

7 hours ago, Right99JOH said:

Vidor has taken one dimensional to whole new level.  Until the offense changes and adds new wrinkles, elements, Vidor will continue to be below mediocre.   On the defensive side of the ball with most offenses playing from shotgun, the LBs and DBs need to play assignment football... cover 2, cover 3, and mix in cover 1 when teams get inside the redzone. 

I can agree with that. In my opinion the offense definitely needs the added wrinkles of a good passing attack. Even if its just short routes and screens, something to make things a little more difficult to diagnose.

When dubois was hired i figured we would be doing things of this nature, but appears i had to high of hopes. Bye week this week so lets see what, if any changes are made to personnel groupings and such. If nothing changes LCM is gonna abuse us all over the field

18 hours ago, VPfan2017 said:

I can agree with that. In my opinion the offense definitely needs the added wrinkles of a good passing attack. Even if its just short routes and screens, something to make things a little more difficult to diagnose.

When dubois was hired i figured we would be doing things of this nature, but appears i had to high of hopes. Bye week this week so lets see what, if any changes are made to personnel groupings and such. If nothing changes LCM is gonna abuse us all over the field

Mathews and Dubois are both great guys.  The majority of the kids like them.  The majority of the parents like them.  BUT sooner or later you have to hire someone that has a new offensive and defensive vison and until that person is hired Vidor will continue the downhill slide.  Have to hire someone to revamp summer workouts.  Kids participating in 7 on 7... and so on. 

**Personally, I think parents are ready to buy into someone knew... well beyond ready.

5 hours ago, Right99JOH said:

Mathews and Dubois are both great guys.  The majority of the kids like them.  The majority of the parents like them.  BUT sooner or later you have to hire someone that has a new offensive and defensive vison and until that person is hired Vidor will continue the downhill slide.  Have to hire someone to revamp summer workouts.  Kids participating in 7 on 7... and so on. 

**Personally, I think parents are ready to buy into someone knew... well beyond ready.

Not making excuses but i dont really blame the offensive system so much as how its ran, there are so many schools who run this offense with success; but the playcalling and coaching is better.  Everyone runs this a little differently, look at bellville, laporte, liberty hill, all run variations of it and have success doing it. We do not do a good job of keeping teams off balance.  We will see what happens after this bye week, see if anything is different with LCM. If we get blown out i imagine there will be more people calling for something to change, easiest way to fix problems is to win ballgames, and not get embarrassed when losing. 

just do not think the talent is there this year, however in my opinion good coaching can make bad talent look good, and great talent unstoppable. 

14 hours ago, VPfan2017 said:

Not making excuses but i dont really blame the offensive system so much as how its ran, there are so many schools who run this offense with success; but the playcalling and coaching is better.  Everyone runs this a little differently, look at bellville, laporte, liberty hill, all run variations of it and have success doing it. We do not do a good job of keeping teams off balance.  We will see what happens after this bye week, see if anything is different with LCM. If we get blown out i imagine there will be more people calling for something to change, easiest way to fix problems is to win ballgames, and not get embarrassed when losing. 

just do not think the talent is there this year, however in my opinion good coaching can make bad talent look good, and great talent unstoppable. 

Comparing those schools to Vidor is like comparing lamb and tuna fish lol.  Vidor could lose every game by 30+ points but as long as little Johnny is having fun then all is well.  Vidor will never fire a coach because of his record.  The administration does not care about wins and losses.

3 hours ago, Right99JOH said:

Comparing those schools to Vidor is like comparing lamb and tuna fish lol.  Vidor could lose every game by 30+ points but as long as little Johnny is having fun then all is well.  Vidor will never fire a coach because of his record.  The administration does not care about wins and losses.

I was just using them as a comparison of coaching, and that the system works when ran correctly