Orangefield (7) @ Bridge City (28) - FINAL

jdawg03

1 hour ago, BBfan061 said:

Yup 

6 hours ago, BigCard said:

BC is about to roll right over Lumberton. Won't even be a fight

So do you think BC would be 3-0 if they had played LCM or Lumberton’s schedule so for? I  do think they are going to be competitive in their district, just will be surprised if they are DC. 

3 minutes ago, Gameday2 said:

So do you think BC would be 3-0 if they had played LCM or Lumberton’s schedule so for? I  do think they are going to be competitive in their district, just will be surprised if they are DC. 

Honestly no I don’t think they are 3-0… I don’t think they would’ve beat Nederland 

8 hours ago, BigCard said:

BC is about to roll right over Lumberton. Won't even be a fight

I suggest taking it easy with such statements. we just played Lumberton this past Friday. They have more fight in them than their record reflects. BC may beat them but to say it won't be a fight is pushing it.

1 hour ago, Dirty_but_Dazzling said:

I suggest taking it easy with such statements. we just played Lumberton this past Friday. They have more fight in them than their record reflects. BC may beat them but to say it won't be a fight is pushing it.

Number 1 Defense in the area, they ain't gonna score. Huge D line that they won't be able to move, and don't get me started about the linebackers, number 2 was all over the field last week. Elusive 

51 minutes ago, BigCard said:

Number 1 Defense in the area, they ain't gonna score. Huge D line that they won't be able to move, and don't get me started about the linebackers, number 2 was all over the field last week. Elusive 

BC has played nothing but 3A teams so far. fair to mid land teams at that. not saying yall don't have a good defense but come on man!

1 hour ago, BigCard said:

BC isn't #1 anything besides running from competition. Admin and coaching wanted 0 part of HF, silsbee, WOS and Jasper.. cool message to send there.

15 minutes ago, setxathlete14 said:

BC isn't #1 anything besides running from competition. Admin and coaching wanted 0 part of HF, silsbee, WOS and Jasper.. cool message to send there.

Honestly, BC would be competitive with all of those teams except HF. To say they wouldn’t be, is crazy. I understand where you’re coming from though. Them opting up along with HJ and Liberty was definitely a business decision. Regardless though, if they go and compete for a district title, then opting up was a great move. They still have ALOT to prove though. 

5 hours ago, Guitar Man said:

Honestly, BC would be competitive with all of those teams except HF. To say they wouldn’t be, is crazy. I understand where you’re coming from though. Them opting up along with HJ and Liberty was definitely a business decision. Regardless though, if they go and compete for a district title, then opting up was a great move. They still have ALOT to prove though. 

Dude maybe you had a momentary lapses of reasoning with that reply. 🤔  explain to me how it's crazy(and I am speaking for Jasper) to think the team Jasper has beat the past 2 seasons by a combined score of 89-7. (35-7 &49-0) who has only played 3 weak 3A teams.

6 hours ago, Guitar Man said:

Define competitive 

7 hours ago, Guitar Man said:

If BC brass thought that. They would not have opted up. There is no other logical excuse. "IN my opinion" that's a weak message to send to the community AND the players... even though they don't make the schedule they just play the cards they're dealt.... not taking anything away from their performances so far. There is nothing to brag about there though.

7 hours ago, Guitar Man said:

If BC brass thought that. They would not have opted up. There is no other logical excuse. "IN my opinion" that's a weak message to send to the community AND the players... even though they don't make the schedule they just play the cards they're dealt.... not taking anything away from their performances so far. There is nothing to brag about there though.

4 hours ago, Dirty_but_Dazzling said:

Dude maybe you had a momentary lapses of reasoning with that reply. 🤔  explain to me how it's crazy(and I am speaking for Jasper) to think the team Jasper has beat the past 2 seasons by a combined score of 89-7. (35-7 &49-0) who has only played 3 weak 3A teams.

Comparing this BC team, which is much better than recent years, to the past 2 years is interesting. Considering all the coaching changes across the board. But I do agree that BC hasn't been tested yet, best competition has been the Silsbee scrimmage which after a live half ended 0-0. 

I'm not saying that BC would be a threat in Jaspers district, but they are not the freebie that they've been in years past.

We will see what they really are when district starts.

1 hour ago, setxathlete14 said:

This. Regardless of their performance on the field, this will always loom in the background of their season. Making a blatant decision to run from competition and take what seems is the easier road. Can't support that.

24 minutes ago, Split Down The Bayou said:

Comparing this BC team, which is much better than recent years, to the past 2 years is interesting. Considering all the coaching changes across the board. But I do agree that BC hasn't been tested yet, best competition has been the Silsbee scrimmage which after a live half ended 0-0. 

I'm not saying that BC would be a threat in Jaspers district, but they are not the freebie that they've been in years past.

We will see what they really are when district starts.

Complete scrimmage ended 3-1 Silsbee. 

Correct on the fact no team scored in live portion (1 quarter for 1st teams)

I believe BC has improved greatly but I really need to see them perform against better competition to get a better evaluation of just how good. 

I was impressed with the shutout of Kirbyville.

18 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Complete scrimmage ended 3-1 Silsbee. 

Correct on the fact no team scored in live portion (1 quarter for 1st teams)

I believe BC has improved greatly but I really need to see them perform against better competition to get a better evaluation of just how good. 

I was impressed with the shutout of Kirbyville.

I agree, time will tell

2 hours ago, setxathlete14 said:

I agree that there may not be alot to brag about offensively. Defensively though, in live action, the first team defense has yet to be scored on. That includes Silsbee, Newton, Buna, Orangefield, and Kirbyville. It may not mean much to you, but anyone who knows anything about football, knows defense wins games and BC has one of the best. That is why I say they would be competitive with Silsbee, Jasper, and WOS. 

12 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

So you saying BC will shutout Lumberton?

I am willing to bet they don't.

You know, as the lone BC fan trolling (!) these waters for YEARS now, I agree with you.  No shutout against the Raiders. 

BC is decent this year.  I disagreed with the decision to opt up when it happened, and I'm even a little more disappointed now because it would be a good year to be competing with the likes of WOS and Silsbee...both of which aren't really themselves yet.  Jury is still out on Jasper, but HF looks pretty sharp.  

BC's defense is salty... but we haven't been tested.  And a ho-hum team from a big school like Lum is a whole different animal from knocking around a 3A team. 

But based on the appearance of new BC posters here, I have to assume we're about 3 wins away from the L-Train 2.0. 

7 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

1. It was a scrimmage

2. Let Silsbee play BC in a real game. Wouldn't be remotely close in my opinion.

1. Nowhere in my post does it say BC would beat Silsbee.

2. The point of the post was saying that BC is much improved and isn’t a push over like in recent years.

3. I only used the Silsbee scrimmage as an example because it’s been the only competitive scrimmage/game so far. And scrimmage or not Cards held their own.