Beaumont West Brook at Silsbee

BADSANTA

16 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

Also a great chance to show the world the dramatic decline in the once feared West Brook program. Close game with Lumberton was already an exclamation point on that subject. This is just icing on the cake.

First thing...Lumberton game was close only by the score....Westbrook hasn't been good for 3 years...new kids trying to change the culture and i think they will in the years to come....One thing i know, everyone has an opinion and you're entitled to yours....have a great day...GO BRUINS !!!!!!!!!!!!!

33 minutes ago, PINETREE said:

First thing...Lumberton game was close only by the score....Westbrook hasn't been good for 3 years...new kids trying to change the culture and i think they will in the years to come....One thing i know, everyone has an opinion and you're entitled to yours....have a great day...GO BRUINS !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep that enthusiastic energy in a few weeks. 

43 minutes ago, PINETREE said:

Lumberton game was close only by the score

Last I checked, that's how wins & losses and success are measured. They embarrassed themselves. Plain & simple. Maybe next year the Bruins can drop down a couple more divisions or even play some 6 man. I can appreciate your hometown enthusiasm, but are we tryin to keep it real at all? 

8 minutes ago, PINETREE said:

Well,well,well....went to look at Jasper vs Beaumont United thread....i saw nothing about 3 classifications higher...it;s not an upset if Jasper beats United....4A-D2 vs 5A-D1 wasn't even mentioned....I guess Beaumont Westbrook has more haters....must be doing something right......

If you are going to be a Bruin fan, then get the name right.

West Brook is two words, not one.

I see the same scenario with United as West Brook. Both are playing down 3 divisions.

West Brook is in a rebuild while the Tigers need the test for the playoffs.  Both needed the game for their goals. 

I don't believe it will be a blow out at all b/c of depth of WB. People don't realize we have classifications for a reason.  

WB was losing in one of the toughest districts in Texas which caused kids to transfer to other schools.  WB, Soph and Fish classes have stuck together. Two of those Soph are number 11 and number 1.   They will give Silsbee issues. WB has been playing defense and running the ball, they already have more rushing yds this season than last yr.  

Silsbee on the other hand may be short the depth but have their winning culture in place and knows how to win close games. 

Should be a good game. 

9 hours ago, thaferrett said:

West Brook is in a rebuild while the Tigers need the test for the playoffs.  Both needed the game for their goals. 

I don't believe it will be a blow out at all b/c of depth of WB. People don't realize we have classifications for a reason.  

WB was losing in one of the toughest districts in Texas which caused kids to transfer to other schools.  WB, Soph and Fish classes have stuck together. Two of those Soph are number 11 and number 1.   They will give Silsbee issues. WB has been playing defense and running the ball, they already have more rushing yds this season than last yr.  

Silsbee on the other hand may be short the depth but have their winning culture in place and knows how to win close games. 

Should be a good game

Let's take a trip...

If Silsbee plays Lumberton, they beat the Raiders handily - 3 scores or more. Lumberton is not very good this year (at all). West Brook almost lost to Lumberton. Explain to me the bold items above, please.

12 hours ago, SmashMouth said:

Let's take a trip...

If Silsbee plays Lumberton, they beat the Raiders handily - 3 scores or more. Lumberton is not very good this year (at all). West Brook almost lost to Lumberton. Explain to me the bold items above, please.

Westbrook was in control of that game.  They never was close to losing.  It was 19-10 with less than a min on the clock. 

Lumberton lost to Jasper by less than 20.  Styles make fights.  

7 hours ago, thaferrett said:

Westbrook was in control of that game.  They never was close to losing.  It was 19-10 with less than a min on the clock. 

Lumberton lost to Jasper by less than 20.  Styles make fights.  

Take off the rose colored glasses, and you’ll see a clearer picture.