4A D2 #3 Bellville at 3A #6 Hitchcock Thursday

BBfan061

• BBfan061 changed the title to 4A D2 #3 Bellville at 3A #6 Hitchcock Thursday
13 hours ago, wo-76 said:

hitchcock was all offence and no defence at all. they were very mouthy and undisaplaned o line blocked well and did good job of protecting qb they rely on big playa and did not sustain drives. bellville should have advantage in lines . do not get caught up in their kind of undisaplaned game.

Is “undisaplaned” a new word?

I think I'm the lone Hitchcock supporter on this forum so ill give my thoughts.

In the past Bellville is the type of team that we have struggled against because of the lack of size. This season we actually do have some bigger bodies on defense to go along with our usual team speed. So im interested if that can lead to 2-3 more stops that can give our offense its extra opportunities to create scores

The biggest difference between the last two years HC teams and this one is the leap taken by the OL. We are a MUCH MUCH more physical football team that is not necessarily reliant on the pass. What's got us beat in the playoffs has been our inability to run the ball when the weather gets gross and we are still trying to throw the ball downfield still. Vs Legacy I think HC had 250 rushing. Vs HF I think we had almost 300 rushing. Last week vs LaMarque they only ran the ball a handful of times and still got 120ish on the ground.

If HC defense can get 1-2 turnovers this will be a ball game in the 4th quarter. I think a lot of people have been too quick to crown Columbus as the district favorites. I think this is the best Team HC has had since Chubby Jones has been taking snaps at QB. I'm looking forward to a great game. I don't expect HC to win but anything within a 2 possession margin lets me know this team is moving in the right direction as we move towards district play. 

curious to see what happens in this one.  Hitchcock put up 70 on HF, but HF gifted them three defensive touchdowns.  Hitchcock played better than HF, but the horns still put up a ton of points and moved the ball all night. HF just shot themselves in the foot over and over.  Without a doubt Hitchcock has a fantastic offensive team, but their defense allows a lot of big plays and a lot of yardage.  Hamshire-Fannett's defense is a weakness this year.  For Bellville it will not be.  Bellville's defense is far superior to HF, and their offense is at least on the same level, if not better as well (comparing the two offenses is apples to oranges).  I think Bellville takes this one by more than people expect.  I'll say 45-21.  And I wish HF and Hitchcock could play again.  I think the Horns would have a good shot at beating them, and if Bellville is anything close to what they were last year, they're a good deal better than HF.

29 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

curious to see what happens in this one.  Hitchcock put up 70 on HF, but HF gifted them three defensive touchdowns.  Hitchcock played better than HF, but the horns still put up a ton of points and moved the ball all night. HF just shot themselves in the foot over and over.  Without a doubt Hitchcock has a fantastic offensive team, but their defense allows a lot of big plays and a lot of yardage.  Hamshire-Fannett's defense is a weakness this year.  For Bellville it will not be.  Bellville's defense is far superior to HF, and their offense is at least on the same level, if not better as well (comparing the two offenses is apples to oranges).  I think Bellville takes this one by more than people expect.  I'll say 45-21.  And I wish HF and Hitchcock could play again.  I think the Horns would have a good shot at beating them, and if Bellville is anything close to what they were last year, they're a good deal better than HF.

How much does HF throw the ball? I think Bellville’s slot T is also gonna keep the Hitchcock offense off the field more than they were against HF…. Also this is the first test for the Bellville offense since Celina and losing our #2 RB in week 2… All we have seen of Bellville without him is 3 quarters against a average at best Stafford team and a not great Crawford team… 

5 hours ago, News2U said:

I think I'm the lone Hitchcock supporter on this forum so ill give my thoughts.

In the past Bellville is the type of team that we have struggled against because of the lack of size. This season we actually do have some bigger bodies on defense to go along with our usual team speed. So im interested if that can lead to 2-3 more stops that can give our offense its extra opportunities to create scores

The biggest difference between the last two years HC teams and this one is the leap taken by the OL. We are a MUCH MUCH more physical football team that is not necessarily reliant on the pass. What's got us beat in the playoffs has been our inability to run the ball when the weather gets gross and we are still trying to throw the ball downfield still. Vs Legacy I think HC had 250 rushing. Vs HF I think we had almost 300 rushing. Last week vs LaMarque they only ran the ball a handful of times and still got 120ish on the ground.

If HC defense can get 1-2 turnovers this will be a ball game in the 4th quarter. I think a lot of people have been too quick to crown Columbus as the district favorites. I think this is the best Team HC has had since Chubby Jones has been taking snaps at QB. I'm looking forward to a great game. I don't expect HC to win but anything within a 2 possession margin lets me know this team is moving in the right direction as we move towards district play. 

I imagine yall kept it pretty vanilla vs La Marque as we did vs Crawford… Does Hitchcock got a lot of guys going both ways ?

10 minutes ago, BBfan061 said:

How much does HF throw the ball? I think Bellville’s slot T is also gonna keep the Hitchcock offense off the field more than they were against HF…. Also this is the first test for the Bellville offense since Celina and losing our #2 RB in week 2… All we have seen of Bellville without him is 3 quarters against a average at best Stafford team and a not great Crawford team… 

HF's QB had an awful game against Hitchcock and went 19/30 for 351 and 5 TDs.  He just had 4 INTs as well.  Last week against Vidor he was 23/25 for for 544 and 6 TDs.  HF throws the ball a lot, but they're pretty good on the ground.

12 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

HF's QB had an awful game against Hitchcock and went 19/30 for 351 and 5 TDs.  He just had 4 INTs as well.  Last week against Vidor he was 23/25 for for 544 and 6 TDs.  HF throws the ball a lot, but they're pretty good on the ground.

I know he had the 3 pick 6s but those numbers are pretty good for a awful game lol

2 hours ago, BADSANTA said:

Should be a great game. Hitchcock will more than likely win state in basketball. If there football team has any of those kids, I know there going to make a heck of a playoff run. 

They have a lot of talent all over the field.  Bellville is deeper, though, and their offense is gonna give anyone fits.