4A D2 #3 Bellville at 3A #6 Hitchcock Thursday

BBfan061

here's the deal for me: hitchcock is really good.  super fast, athletic, talented. that being said, I think Hitchcock compares well to HF, Silsbee, Jasper, and WOS, and would compete for 1st or 2nd in our district (I know they beat HF, but I think those two teams are fairly even). That's an impressive thing to be able to say about a 3A school.   but Bellville is GOOD.  they proved me wrong last year.  and they went through our district like we were scrubs.  Beat WOS 49-7.  Beat Silsbee 61-7.  Beat Jasper 35-7.  Unless Bellville dropped off a whole lot from last year I just don't see this being a close game.  I don't expect 61-7, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if Bellville wins by 25-30 points.  And I'll be happy to come on here and admit if I'm wrong.  In fact, I hope I'm wrong.  

5 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

here's the deal for me: hitchcock is really good.  super fast, athletic, talented. that being said, I think Hitchcock compares well to HF, Silsbee, Jasper, and WOS, and would compete for 1st or 2nd in our district (I know they beat HF, but I think those two teams are fairly even). That's an impressive thing to be able to say about a 3A school.   but Bellville is GOOD.  they proved me wrong last year.  and they went through our district like we were scrubs.  Beat WOS 49-7.  Beat Silsbee 61-7.  Beat Jasper 35-7.  Unless Bellville dropped off a whole lot from last year I just don't see this being a close game.  I don't expect 61-7, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if Bellville wins by 25-30 points.

They did lose 8 starters on the defensive side.

2 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

I can see that being an issue, but they also seem to be the type of team where they plug in new players, rinse, and repeat.  As long as there isn't a massive dropoff from last year talent-wise then i stand by my statement.  They've played bad opponents the last two games, but a shutout is always fairly impressive.  two in a row even more so. 

49 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

This right here… this was the biggest blow from last year and losing the skill and leadership along with size at the LB position from those guys on defense has caused the Bellville defense to take a step back…Now they have improved game by game… but have played easier competition game by game since opening against Celina (Who IMO is one of the favorites to win it all in 4A D1) We have had a few games to get things in order so let’s see what happens on the defensive side of the ball… Much like last year Bellville leans on pressuring the QB to make up for the lack of athleticism at DB… I expect Hitchcock to get the ball out quick to their athletes on the perimeter and try and get them in space…. If they can do that it could be a score for score kinda game… 

1 hour ago, bullets13 said:

here's the deal for me: hitchcock is really good.  super fast, athletic, talented. that being said, I think Hitchcock compares well to HF, Silsbee, Jasper, and WOS, and would compete for 1st or 2nd in our district (I know they beat HF, but I think those two teams are fairly even). That's an impressive thing to be able to say about a 3A school.   but Bellville is GOOD.  they proved me wrong last year.  and they went through our district like we were scrubs.  Beat WOS 49-7.  Beat Silsbee 61-7.  Beat Jasper 35-7.  Unless Bellville dropped off a whole lot from last year I just don't see this being a close game.  I don't expect 61-7, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if Bellville wins by 25-30 points.  And I'll be happy to come on here and admit if I'm wrong.  In fact, I hope I'm wrong.  

Cmon now lol 

13 minutes ago, BBfan061 said:

Cmon now lol 

nothing against bellville.  Hamshire-Fannett just played Hitchcock and the result wasn't great. IF Hitchcock beats Bellville or plays them close, that makes me feel a lot better about HF's prospects moving forward, and for that reason alone I hope that I'm wrong. AAW has always accused me of playing the "what if" game, and I won't do it here.  I'll simply state that with all things considered, I think HF and Hitchcock are fairly comparable teams, despite their heads-up result, and would love to see Hitchcock perform well against a team like Bellville.