4A D2 #3 Bellville at 3A #6 Hitchcock Thursday

BBfan061

12 minutes ago, Matthew328 said:

Yeah this Bellville offense is struggling against a defense that's definitely not thought of as elite....credit to Hitchcock they played well but this is disappointing from Bellville 

While I agree… let’s remember Bellville is missing a big weapon in Corian Hood… 1600 yards last year and he gets the nasty yards and can break one… but yes this is disappointing 

1 minute ago, BBfan061 said:

While I agree… let’s remember Bellville is missing a big weapon in Corian Hood… 1600 yards last year and he gets the nasty yards and can break one… but yes this is disappointing 

For sure....but what was surprising was Bellville's OL played a poor game....that was IMO why the offense struggled

2 minutes ago, BBfan061 said:

Still Hitchcock is not know for having a good defense and holding yall to 14..... the offense looks like a freshman team out there.

Curious why the clock didn’t stop on that last drive after the completion and the kid stepped out of bounds while being tackled… anyways disappointing performance from the Bellville offense tonight.. Credit to Hitchcock for playing well! They are solid 

I watched a post game interview with the Hitchcock coach and  he was saying they haven’t been healthy to start of the year and were shuffling kids around the first few weeks …. Makes me wonder how much better they will be when they hit their stride 

Where do I begin:

To start this was a gritty win from my Bulldogs. Nothing pretty about the brand of football they played last night. Just hard nosed, lunch pail football on both sides. DEFENSE...WE HAVE A DEFENSE THAT CAN STOP THE RUN! Offense had to shuffle 2-3 pieces on the OL due to injuries and the running game just wasn't there like it was the first 3 weeks of the season. But the short passing game picked up the slack. Bellville did a great job of containing our speed for the most part and I give props to our coaching staff for being patient and taking what was given to them. This is without a doubt a loss in either of the last two seasons because we would have been trying to throw deep balls vs a prevent defense and Chubby would have been running for his life. 

I am a super proud Bulldog this morning. Bellville will be fine,  those coaches over there deserve the benefit of the doubt to fix the problems they have going on. I thought overall they just weren't used to the team speed that we had up front. We were able to get a lot of penetration to throw off timing on their run schemes. I think Hitchcock put 3A on notice last night that this isn't the last 2 years ball club that's all finesse. We can bite now!

1 hour ago, News2U said:

Where do I begin:

To start this was a gritty win from my Bulldogs. Nothing pretty about the brand of football they played last night. Just hard nosed, lunch pail football on both sides. DEFENSE...WE HAVE A DEFENSE THAT CAN STOP THE RUN! Offense had to shuffle 2-3 pieces on the OL due to injuries and the running game just wasn't there like it was the first 3 weeks of the season. But the short passing game picked up the slack. Bellville did a great job of containing our speed for the most part and I give props to our coaching staff for being patient and taking what was given to them. This is without a doubt a loss in either of the last two seasons because we would have been trying to throw deep balls vs a prevent defense and Chubby would have been running for his life. 

I am a super proud Bulldog this morning. Bellville will be fine,  those coaches over there deserve the benefit of the doubt to fix the problems they have going on. I thought overall they just weren't used to the team speed that we had up front. We were able to get a lot of penetration to throw off timing on their run schemes. I think Hitchcock put 3A on notice last night that this isn't the last 2 years ball club that's all finesse. We can bite now!

I do think Hitchcock has gotten better with out a doubt. Bellville offense looked slow and did not run the slot t well. This is a great confidence booster for them but can't let it go to their head. I want to see how they handle Columbus.