Saint Louis Catholic ( La. ) at Orangefield

lcm93

• AggiesAreWe changed the title to Saint Louis Catholic ( La. ) at Orangefield

I Googled SLC.  They appear to be a team of ~ 70 players with ~16 freshmen and ~15 seniors, and the rest are everything in between. They appear to be a private school similar to Beaumont Kelly?  I wonder why they don't try to schedule Kelly rather than OF?  Either way, they may be a bit overmatched, but they'll likely give a good effort. 

8 hours ago, 1970 said:

I Googled SLC.  They appear to be a team of ~ 70 players with ~16 freshmen and ~15 seniors, and the rest are everything in between. They appear to be a private school similar to Beaumont Kelly?  I wonder why they don't try to schedule Kelly rather than OF?  Either way, they may be a bit overmatched, but they'll likely give a good effort. 

I feel like Kelly and OF used to play quite a bit.. 

11 hours ago, 1970 said:

If that's the case, It should be a good opportunity for OF to get their new "spread" offense rolling. Other than the New Waverly game their offense has been shut out besides a late rushing TD against BC's backups.

As a former bobcat myself I have mixed opinions about the change in offensive scheme. We beat some teams and/or played teams close that we probably shouldn't have by chewing the clock while pushing the ball up the field running the slot-t. But on the contrary, we also would get shut down by teams that could stop the run game and make us pass.

Pros and cons for both, but OF needs to start putting some points on the board to convince me it was the right move. 

2 hours ago, 89Falcon said:

The most important thing is that OF runs the spread offense. If they get shut down while running the spread everything should be fine. “Not running the Slot T” is what is important. 

So many people wanted to ditch the Slot T because “The Spread offense will take you further than the Slot T ever could”

2 hours ago, setxathlete14 said:

Problem is that system they run requires a running qb often.... When the qb is limited to no threat to run.... the entire offense is limited.

100% that's a huge part of BC offense, #9 can get out of the pocket and find someone down field or tuck it himself. And that's just BC. I imagine that HF, WOS, Silsbee, Jasper, etc are the same way if not even better at exposing the open field with QB runs. I haven't seen any of that with OF.

3 hours ago, BBfan061 said:

So many people wanted to ditch the Slot T because “The Spread offense will take you further than the Slot T ever could”

Tell that Franklin, Bellville, and Liberty Hill. (I'm sure I'm missing some others) Like any successful program it takes the kids, parents, and community to buy in. 

1 hour ago, Split Down The Bayou said:

100% that's a huge part of BC offense, #9 can get out of the pocket and find someone down field or tuck it himself. And that's just BC. I imagine that HF, WOS, Silsbee, Jasper, etc are the same way if not even better at exposing the open field with QB runs. I haven't seen any of that with OF.

Tell that Franklin, Bellville, and Liberty Hill. (I'm sure I'm missing some others) Like any successful program it takes the kids, parents, and community to buy in. 

Correct lol I live in Bellville and see it every Friday 😂

17 hours ago, setxathlete14 said:

Problem is that system they run requires a running qb often.... When the qb is limited to no threat to run.... the entire offense is limited.

You are correct. According to the Orangefield ole timers, Orangefield hadn’t had a running QB since Huckaby son which was pre 2008 & Evans 2011. & doesn’t the wing T need there #1 threat to be the QB?  

3 minutes ago, Bobcat101 said:

You are correct. According to the Orangefield ole timers, Orangefield hadn’t had a running QB since Huckaby son which was pre 2008 & Evans 2011. & doesn’t the wing T need there #1 threat to be the QB?  

In the “Slot T” the FB (#3) is the #1 threat. The 2 and 4 are next. QB primarily needs to be able to hand the ball off correctly and sell fakes. It certainly helps if he can add threat but the offense runs through the backs.